People shit me!

For anything that doesn't fit anywhere above.
two dogs

People shit me!

Post by two dogs »

We probably need a "What cheeses me off" type thread (I chose the title above, as it's something I often say. ;) )

In this case, drivers who cut corners, forcing other drivers on the correct side of the lane/road to stop, shit me! :x

(and I must say that the multi-function Media Embed BB Code is most excellent!).
The standard you walk past is the standard you accept.

David Morrison (1956 -)
joele
Site Admin

Re: People shit me!

Post by joele »

I had one the other week where I was turning out of a carpark, driving into the exit lane is kind of blind on one side (large hedge) which isn't normally a problem as it is an exit only with BIG "no entry" signs so shouldn't be anyone driving in that way anyway..

This twit shoots in past the no entry signs and almost hits me as I am coming out, I hit the breaks and we didn't collide (would have if we relied on his reflexes, though mostly as he was going way too fast) and then he proceeds to get out of his car and yell at me that I should "use my fucken eyes"...

I got out too, pointed at the big no entry signs and suggested if he did the same we wouldn't have had an issue (OK far less politely than that, hahaha).. He grumbled and drove off.. Dickhead..
"Now this is the command: Do to the doer to make him do." - The Eloquent Peasant (2040–1650 BCE)

“Religion the protector of the well fed and consoler of the hungry.” - Mikhail Bakunin
two dogs

Post by two dogs »

Dickhead cyclists riding contrary to the direction of traffic, and a wanker in a "big rig" with smoked/blacked rear lights making it difficult to see their brake and indicator lights!

David Morrison (1956 -)
Irrev-Black

Post by Irrev-Black »

Those familiar with my ravings will know I have one neighbour, codenamed Arsole, who seems to delight in being nasty.

On the other side, thanks to the way our streets are set out, are five "next-door" nabes.

One of these is a teacher of music. We tolerate his bad drummers, wince at his bass and trombone torturers, and try to carry on. (Thank fuck I'm going deaf!)

But Teacher Chap has a son, who comes over for periods of custody. That son is what the writer Tom Sharpe would have termed an "over active underachiever".

Worse yet, the daddy doesn't seem to supervise sonny, who yesterday arvo was doing something that sounded like the repeated kicking of a soccer ball into the high Colorbond fencing... BOOM... wait... BOOM... wait, of different length... BOOM!

But balls are not the only problem.

The fucking ARROW that I found this morning, stuck in the ground to show its past trajectory, was the third in a matching set of Teacher Jr arrows I have found in our yard.

I do not think I'd get any results from confronting Teacher. I am contemplating the next step.
Greedy fuckers cannot self-regulate.
Prove me wrong.
two dogs

Post by two dogs »

People who cross a road diagonally, rather than perpendicularly, exposing themselves to traffic for longer than is necessary.

Yes, it's a supermarket car park with a 10 km/h speed limit (which no one, apart from me, seems to observe)!

Yes, she looks elderly (i.e., over 65), but she doesn't seem to have any mobility problems? A few more steps each day would probably be beneficial! ;)

David Morrison (1956 -)
Irrev-Black

Post by Irrev-Black »

two dogs wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 5:27 pm
(Le snippeau)

Yes, she looks elderly (i.e., over 65), but she doesn't seem to have any mobility problems? A few more steps each day would probably be beneficial! ;)
But how's her adrenal system? Needs a good honk!
Prove me wrong.
Irrev-Black

Post by Irrev-Black »

People of privilege, with special-pleading cases that allow them to flout rules... they shit me to an exceptional degree.

Every political person, religious group, and charity that exploits the loophole in that perfectly sensible rule that keeps unsolicited advertising from flooding the letterboxes and In trays of those unwilling to receive it? They shit me, too.

The old stories of the longest-established Australians have many examples of characters who did sly things for personal gain, yet continued to enjoy the mutual benefits of their group. I cannot think of those stories without looking at the circumstances of certain people who are currently encouraging a No vote in the upcoming referendum.

Now, thanks to the shadowy money of some malign plutocrat, and a database that shouldn't have been accessible for such purposes, one of those people has texted me. I'm sure it's nothing directly personal: they probably wouldn't acknowledge me if I spoke to them on the street.

Still I feel invaded. Even if I had been undecided, or tending toward a No vote, this insult would have tipped the scales to Yes.

There's probably a reason SMS and email spam is usually dump-and-run: I'm sure they'd hate to get honest feedback.
Prove me wrong.
two dogs

Post by two dogs »

Clueless drivers!

Here, we have a driver not indicating a right turn at a roundabout.

After my usual sarcastic comment yelled to myself about their blinker not working, I noticed that their window was down, so I yelled louder, hoping that they might hear it. ;)

The driver did manage to use their indicator for the left turn at the next roundabout, but I'm fucked if I know why I was completely in the turning lane before they started their turn?

Then, less than a kilometre up the road, at the next roundabout, they indicated a right turn (which would have meant that they were doing a U-turn), but they went straight ahead!

JFC! FMD!

David Morrison (1956 -)
two dogs

Post by two dogs »

Charities who cold call you (as they're annoyingly entitled to, as they, religious organisations, and political parties, are exempt from observing the Do Not Call Register) prefacing the conversation by saying that they're not asking for a donation, but after a long-winded-rambling-read from a script, want you to sign up for a regular donation!

I usually cut such conversations short, indicating that I'm not interested, and request that I be added to their internal do not call register.

In the case that prompted this post, I have a history of donations to the organisation (CareFlight) so I listened until the end, then politely declined.

My history is that of purchasing CareFlight Bears. I have ~20 of them, and at the time I paid ~$60 for each, understanding that most of that would go to the charity.

Please excuse the nakedness of some of my bears; I removed their costumes after noticing some mouldiness and moth-eating. ;)

I believe that the reason why I stopped buying them was because I requested that I be added to their internal do not call register so that I wasn't tempted to do so?

David Morrison (1956 -)
two dogs

Post by two dogs »

People who squeeze many avocados at the supermarket before selecting one the ones they want, resulting in bruised brown flesh under the skin for who end up buying them!

David Morrison (1956 -)