Naomi Klein on her unhinged "doppelganger"

Discussion of religion, conspiracy theories, pseudoscience and similar topics.
stylofone

Naomi Klein on her unhinged "doppelganger"

Post by stylofone »

I feel like the mad world of conspiracy theorists has to collapse in on itself at some stage, but how much destruction will it cause before it finally fails?

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2023/ ... y-theories
I can feel it
pipbarber

Re: Naomi Klein on her unhinged "doppelganger"

Post by pipbarber »

I read this piece with my morning coffee. What a strange thing. You could develop quite the list of people who used to be interesting but lost their minds in 'the mirror' world.

Anyway, I like the idea of 'diagonalism.'
Inspired by the term, but taking it beyond Germany, William Callison and Quinn Slobodian, both scholars of European politics, describe these emergent political alliances as “diagonalism”. They explain: “Born in part from transformations in technology and communication, diagonalists tend to contest conventional monikers of left and right (while generally arcing toward far-right beliefs), to express ambivalence if not cynicism toward parliamentary politics, and to blend convictions about holism and even spirituality with a dogged discourse of individual liberties. At the extreme end, diagonal movements share a conviction that all power is conspiracy.”
'The ultimate, hidden truth of the world is that it is something that we make, and could just as easily make differently.' David Graeber