Donald Trump

Political issues which help or hinder our society.
Irrev-Black

Re: Donald Trump

Post by Irrev-Black »

Clowny-adjacent shardy-froydy:

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/20 ... g-to-jail/
Greedy fuckers cannot self-regulate.
Prove me wrong.
two dogs

Post by two dogs »

Love this pisstake!:

The standard you walk past is the standard you accept.

David Morrison (1956 -)
Irrev-Black

Post by Irrev-Black »

"A place where everyone knows your name..."
Former President Donald Trump will speak at a campaign rally in Las Vegas, Nevada this weekend, marking his first official rally since he was convicted of 34 felonies in New York. And the Democratic National Committee (DNC) is planning to greet Trump supporters with a new billboard reminding them of his criminal record.

The Guardian reported that the anti-Trump billboard is going up just in time for his Sunday rally in the Silver State's largest city. The billboard reads: “Trump was a disaster for Nevada’s economy. Now he’s back. A convicted white-collar crook. Coddling billionaires, leaving workers behind. DONALD TRUMP: UNFIT TO SERVE." The portion reading "convicted white-collar crook" is highlighted.
https://www.rawstory.com/trump-crook/
Last edited by Irrev-Black on Mon Jun 10, 2024 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: My "k" key is faulting intermittently.
Greedy fuckers cannot self-regulate.
Prove me wrong.
stevebrooks

Post by stevebrooks »

Think it's time to give up on polls and just watch who actually gets voted for in elections, Republican district shift 20 points towards dems, if polls and far right pundits would like to have people believe, this just shouldn't be happening;

https://imgur.com/gallery/i-wonder-why-spmDLDN
pipbarber

Post by pipbarber »

I'm largely ignoring polls but you just know that if maga lose the election they'll of course claim it was stolen and then point at all the polls that put Trump miles in front as some kind of proof. It's just all so fucking stooopid. I'll invoke that great quote i read about the maga movement, 'right feelings, wrong facts.' Unfortunately, i think actual facts won't ever be able to penetrate the collective maga brain now and the feelings contingent to an election loss, feelings that belong to the most heavily armed civilian cohort in America, are going to be expressed to everyone's detriment, most probably. No one can really win in America now, except the billionaire class. Good one 'merica.

There's about 18 weeks until the election and it's starting to feel like a slow walk to the gallows. But before that, we have the macabre spectacle of the debates to endure. They will be something to behold.
'The ultimate, hidden truth of the world is that it is something that we make, and could just as easily make differently.' David Graeber
stevebrooks

Post by stevebrooks »

pipbarber wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 5:27 pmThere's about 18 weeks until the election and it's starting to feel like a slow walk to the gallows. But before that, we have the macabre spectacle of the debates to endure. They will be something to behold.
Or maybe not, there's talk in the right wing that Trump should not do the debates, there are "reasons" of course, but the actual reason is that his coherency is becoming such a huge concern to even right wing news sites. They can't control and "feed" the audio from debates like they do from interviews so their viewers miss the "bad" bits, it all just goes out unfiltered, so they are afraid....
pipbarber

Post by pipbarber »

stevebrooks wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 11:55 am
pipbarber wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 5:27 pmThere's about 18 weeks until the election and it's starting to feel like a slow walk to the gallows. But before that, we have the macabre spectacle of the debates to endure. They will be something to behold.
Or maybe not, there's talk in the right wing that Trump should not do the debates, there are "reasons" of course, but the actual reason is that his coherency is becoming such a huge concern to even right wing news sites. They can't control and "feed" the audio from debates like they do from interviews so their viewers miss the "bad" bits, it all just goes out unfiltered, so they are afraid....
I'd have thought the dems are somewhat nervous about the debates too. Problem for both sides is finding an electorally expedient excuse to withdraw first. Maybe both sides will embrace a moment of rare bi-partisanship and release a short statement along the lines of, 'both joe and don are busy on the debate nights so we're not going to do them this time around, cheers.'

Boggles belief that this is the state of electoral politics.

Mind you, i'm not sure it matters what Trump says or does at this point. He'll still get 70 million votes, most likely. He could shit his pants on the podium and the maga crowd would still cheer. He could strip naked and climb a tree in front of every tv camera on the planet and 70 million votes would still be his. He could insert a KFC drumstick up his arse on fox news and there'd be a rush on KFC drumsticks. I think biden may have more to lose from debating than trump. Gawd....what a fucking mess.
'The ultimate, hidden truth of the world is that it is something that we make, and could just as easily make differently.' David Graeber
stevebrooks

Post by stevebrooks »

Trump's incoherence is starting to make itself felt in ways the Republican's are worried about, for instance he has decided that the US should be the leader in mining to bring energy dominance and independence to the US, so he has stated that all Bitcoin mining should now be done in the US....ok....

stevebrooks

Post by stevebrooks »

It seems Trump had a meeting recently with a number of CEO's, they weren't impressed;
Trump attempted to court business executives in a roundtable meeting in Washington, D.C., last week but several of the CEOs in the room told CNBC that they were underwhelmed by Trump's "meandering" policy proposals. Two people in the room said Trump offered few details on his plans to cut corporate taxes and regulations.
Two days later, yew two days;
“Business Executives and Shareholder Representatives should be 100% behind Donald Trump! Anybody that’s not should be FIRED for incompetence!," the former president wrote in a post on his social media website, Truth Social.
I mean, is he actually trying to make enemies? Because, you know, this is a good way to do it!

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/rcna157800
joele
Site Admin

Post by joele »

New York Times is sounding very pessimistic
A candidate needs 270 electoral votes to win. If Biden and Trump can hold the states they carried by at least three percentage points in 2020, that leaves seven states that are widely viewed as the key battlegrounds. Let’s zoom in on them.
Those 7 states are shown in the images below.. Article linked too but pay-walled.
polling.jpg
polling.jpg (73.99 KiB) Viewed 173 times
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/202 ... ident.html
"Now this is the command: Do to the doer to make him do." - The Eloquent Peasant (2040–1650 BCE)

“Religion the protector of the well fed and consoler of the hungry.” - Mikhail Bakunin