What is Elon Musk up to now..

Post here with any news report you want to discuss.
Irrev-Black

Re: What is Elon Musk up to now..

Post by Irrev-Black »

Dave Lee
@DaveLeeBBG
·
5h
Elon Musk revisiting an idea apparently floated privately in the past -- charging *everyone* to use Twitter. A lower tier than premium. "We’ve moving to a small monthly payment for use of the X system," he just told Benjamin Netanyahu, saying it's only way to stamp out bots.
(looks up and admires the circling buzzards)
Greedy fuckers cannot self-regulate.
Prove me wrong.
stevebrooks

Post by stevebrooks »

Irrev-Black wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 8:36 am(looks up and admires the circling buzzards)
I think even the buzzards are getting tired of this desiccated corpse, there's no meat left there now, it's all skin, bone and ego pretending to be important!
stylofone

Post by stylofone »

Irrev-Black wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 8:36 am
Dave Lee
@DaveLeeBBG
·
5h
Elon Musk revisiting an idea apparently floated privately in the past -- charging *everyone* to use Twitter. A lower tier than premium. "We’ve moving to a small monthly payment for use of the X system," he just told Benjamin Netanyahu, saying it's only way to stamp out bots.
(looks up and admires the circling buzzards)
He needs money like a vampire needs blood. He only wants people who are prepared to pay, and then he'll get them to pay more. Losing users who won't pay him is not a problem, especially when advertising revenue is down the toilet. He's filtering out people who won't fall for his scam.
I can feel it
Irrev-Black

Post by Irrev-Black »

Hand in the till?

Prove me wrong.
Irrev-Black

Post by Irrev-Black »

Wired article on what actually happened to the monkeys Musk's Neuralink used in testing.

Content warning: cruelty.

https://www.wired.com/story/elon-musk-p ... ey-deaths/

Later Add: :evil: - https://www.reuters.com/technology/musk ... 023-09-19/
Prove me wrong.
Irrev-Black

Post by Irrev-Black »

Irrev-Black wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 6:11 am Wired article on what actually happened to the monkeys Musk's Neuralink used in testing.

Content warning: cruelty.

https://www.wired.com/story/elon-musk-p ... ey-deaths/

Later Add: :evil: - https://www.reuters.com/technology/musk ... 023-09-19/
And what's being objected to?
HeavenlyPossum
HeavenlyPossum
@HeavenlyPossum@kolektiva.social

There’s an article from Wired making the rounds about how Elon Musk’s brain implant company tortured a bunch of monkeys to death and then lied about it.

There are lots of awful things to say about this specifically and Musk in general, but something much broader stands out: that the SEC is investigating…because Musk lied in his tweets and claimed the monkeys didn’t die from his implants.

He lied to investors. That’s what he did wrong. That’s what our system cares about. That’s all it cares about.
Sep 22, 2023, 03:33 ·
Prove me wrong.
Irrev-Black

Post by Irrev-Black »

Begun, the redacting has...
RebelGeek99
@RebelGeek99@kolektiva.social

Elmo is scrubbing keywords and trends on #TwitChan . Reports that #Reddit users are also seeing any mentions of vaccines or masking flagged for removal by trolls. We are in very dangerous territory, folks. I know many of you know this already but... the infowars are in full swing.

Prove me wrong.
Irrev-Black

Post by Irrev-Black »

X/Twitter found to have alarmingly high bullshit content.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/ ... -news-laws
Prove me wrong.
stevebrooks

Post by stevebrooks »

Funny that, with the EU being the only region where X can still be reported for spreading political misinformation, it's almost as if, you know, the threat of severe penalties as part of regulating social media content actually works!
Elon Musk's X, formerly called Twitter, disabled a feature that let users report misinformation about elections, a research organisation said on Wednesday, throwing fresh concern about false claims spreading just before major U.S. and Australian votes.

After introducing a feature in 2022 for users to report a post they considered misleading about politics, X in the past week removed the "politics" category from its drop-down menu in every jurisdiction but the European Union, said the researcher Reset.Tech Australia.

Users could still report posts to X globally for a host of other complaints such as promoting violence or hate speech, the researcher added.

X was not immediately available for comment.
https://news.yahoo.com/musks-x-disabled ... 23675.html
stylofone

Post by stylofone »

FFS, if any journalists still think Xitter is a tool for their job, they would have to be a complete tool themselves! The very thought of it makes me feel slightly ill. Actually using it or contributing to it and its toxic owner is unthinkable. If you have an account there it is imperative to close it, and never go anywhere near it ever again, otherwise you are supporting tyranny and nazi hate.
I can feel it