What is Elon Musk up to now..

Post here with any news report you want to discuss.
stevebrooks

Re: What is Elon Musk up to now..

Post by stevebrooks »

Funny you should ask what he is up to. Having removed the block function Must has posted Trump interview with Tucker Carlson, that took place instead of Trump going to the debate.....which was all kinds of disaster even without him. But it appears that now with the block function removed Musk can force every single account, regardless of whether they follow him or not, yes every one of the millions, to compulsorily receive the interview video!

Irrev-Black

Post by Irrev-Black »

All the blocks/mutes on the account I maintain to read Twattery are still working so far, and I haven't seen more than one advert in years.

(Superstitiously touches piece of crafted dead tree.)
Greedy fuckers cannot self-regulate.
Prove me wrong.
Irrev-Black

Post by Irrev-Black »

Apartheid Space Brat owns discriminatory company.

Who knew?

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-66610725
Prove me wrong.
stevebrooks

Post by stevebrooks »

Irrev-Black wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 8:20 amAll the blocks/mutes on the account I maintain to read Twattery are still working so far, and I haven't seen more than one advert in years.
It appears then that Musk has given himself the power to force posts to everyone's timeline. In point of fact Trump is claiming hundreds of millions of views of the Tucker Carlson interview on Twitter, the most anyone has ever had, but it appears that even if you don't watch it, just scrolling past that video counts as an impression, so in fact every single twitter user is being counted by Trump as watching it, whether they watched it or not!
Irrev-Black

Post by Irrev-Black »

Media made Musk. And they should fucking well apologise.
Through that whole period, the media wasn’t just along for the ride, but actively working to build up Musk’s profile. The more the public believed the myth that he was the next great innovator, the more they’d buy magazines about him and read articles about his companies. The media and prominent tech journalists were more than happy to ignore his flaws and the problems at his companies for access to the man they were framing as humanity’s savior.

As I described back in February, ever since the days of Zip2 there have been stories about the toxic work environments Musk cultivated. In 2001, he told CNN, “there’s no such thing as the eight-hour day in Silicon Valley,” and as a result he expected his workers to put in grueling hours often for little pay. He’s a known union buster, and has allowed racism and sexism to flourish at companies like Tesla and SpaceX. Tesla’s Fremont factory was dubbed the “plantation” and when Musk was forced to respond to the discrimination faced by Black workers, he told them to be “thick-skinned” and that they wouldn’t “get a free pass on being a jerk yourself.”

***SNIP***
Earlier this month, prominent tech journalist and Platformer founder Casey Newton argued it was time for the media to change how it covers Musk. He has been doing important critical work on Musk’s management of Twitter/X, but of all the things to push Newton to finally call for change, it was Musk’s statements over the “cage match” he proposed with Mark Zuckerberg and his post about covering people’s legal bills if they’re unfairly treated for posting on his platform.

While I welcome any time the media wisens up to Musk, it was shocking to me that an essay like this took until mid-2023 to be published and that it was motivated by such inconsequential stories. The cage match and legal bill tweet are nothing compared to Musk’s treatment of his workers, his flagrant disregard for regulations that few other executives could get away with breaching, and his increasing embrace of right-wing conspiracy theories.

The media absolutely needs to change how it covers Musk, but it needs to go far beyond that. They need to reckon with the harm they’ve done by helping build him into the too-big-to-fail corporate titan he’s become and making him believe in the myth of his unique genius. Musk is now a geopolitical force who controls key rocketry, space communications, and vehicle charging infrastructures — and the media’s effusive coverage of him was an important part of what made that possible.
https://www.disconnect.blog/p/the-media ... -elon-musk
Prove me wrong.
Irrev-Black

Post by Irrev-Black »

Cue comedy trombone...
deco
@deco@defcon.social

Elon Musk demoed an upcoming version of Tesla’s self-driving software to his millions of Twitter followers Friday night, and managed to go almost a full 20 minutes before he had to intervene and stop the car from accelerating into oncoming traffic.

#NothingToSeeHere #MoveAlong

Elon Musk Shows Self-Driving Tesla Accelerating Into Oncoming Traffic to 10 Million Viewers

https://www.404media.co/elon-musk-shows ... n-viewers/
Prove me wrong.
Irrev-Black

Post by Irrev-Black »

US Feds probing Tesla company: there may be the matter of a lazy few million being set aside for a house for SpaceBrat (like he couldn't fucking afford to pay for his own!)...

... Oh, and there's the matter of the overstated range claimed for their vehicles.

https://www.reuters.com/legal/tesla-fac ... 023-08-30/
Prove me wrong.
Irrev-Black

Post by Irrev-Black »

"Elon mode" - does that mean "nobody responsible is in charge"?

https://www.theregister.com/2023/08/30/ ... ode_nhtsa/
Prove me wrong.
stevebrooks

Post by stevebrooks »

Rather than paying content creators (Right Wing Extremists) in actual money, because you know that would take away some of his, Musk has invented a new cryptocurrency and will be paying out rewards using that, this should be interesting to watch;

Irrev-Black

Post by Irrev-Black »

Muskmobiles seem to have SMIDSY problem.

"Four wheels good: two wheels good as dead".

https://www.revzilla.com/common-tread/m ... -by-teslas
Prove me wrong.