Added a more modern theme/style

All the latest forum news and announcements.
joele
Site Admin

Added a more modern theme/style

Post by joele »

If you click your username (top right) and choose "User Control Panel" then you can click on 'Board Preferences" you can change 'My Board Style"..

I added a more modern looking style called 'outset' which I think looks much better on desktop, though I think I like the default one more on my phone... enjoy.
"Now this is the command: Do to the doer to make him do." - The Eloquent Peasant (2040–1650 BCE)

“Religion the protector of the well fed and consoler of the hungry.” - Mikhail Bakunin
Irrev-Black

Re: Added a more modern theme/style

Post by Irrev-Black »

I needed to change manually. Outset is fine, and quite legible on desktop.
Greedy fuckers cannot self-regulate.
Prove me wrong.
joele
Site Admin

Post by joele »

Sorry I had to disable outset for now as it had compatibility issues with the new message editor I just installed (edit, and OG previews).. I will keep looking for some modern styles that don't do that..
"Now this is the command: Do to the doer to make him do." - The Eloquent Peasant (2040–1650 BCE)

“Religion the protector of the well fed and consoler of the hungry.” - Mikhail Bakunin
joele
Site Admin

Post by joele »

Ok found a few that work to give people some choice in the look of the forum..

They are accessible through the new theme changer on the top right (next to your name). That holds true for prosilver2 (default) and the various Metrolike themes.. In Cleansilver the theme changer is hidden in the menu accessible from the menu button (very top left of page).

stylofone

Post by stylofone »

SItting on my front verandah my cheap hand-me-down laptop display needed a bit of help so I had a play with styles. "Metrolike Red" seems to cut through the glare a bit better. I also maxed out the brightness on the laptop/OS.
I can feel it