Gaming

For anything that doesn't fit anywhere above.
stylofone

Gaming

Post by stylofone »

I started Pikmin 4 today. I love this series for its whimsical innocent fun. It brings back the same vibe I got from the Micro Ventures segment in The Banana Splits. As a creation of the legendary Shigeru Miyamoto, it's also a must-play for me.
I can feel it
MissGreen

Re: Gaming

Post by MissGreen »

I got aliens dark descent, being an aliens games i was hesitant but its really good so far. I like the framing of commanding a squad cause it means all the marines can die, which adds to the horror.
joele
Site Admin

Post by joele »

stylofone wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 7:20 pmI started Pikmin 4 today.
Just got that for my 15 year old..

I haven't been playing a lot, working through zelda still when I have time and Advance Wars 1+2 Reboot (almost at end of 1).

I have Gotham Knights sitting there on my Steam/ChimeraOS box ready to play, just haven't gotten around to it yet.
"Now this is the command: Do to the doer to make him do." - The Eloquent Peasant (2040–1650 BCE)

“Religion the protector of the well fed and consoler of the hungry.” - Mikhail Bakunin
Irrev-Black

Post by Irrev-Black »

Maybe mahjong and solitaire aren't enough.

I just installed Colossal Cave Adventure on my Linux workhorse.
Colossal Cave Adventure is a text-based adventure game wherein the player explores a mysterious cave that is rumored to be filled with treasure and gold. The player must explore the cave system and solve puzzles by using items that they find to obtain the treasures and leave the cave. The player types in one- or two-word commands to move their character through the cave system, interact with objects in the cave, pick up items to put into their inventory, and perform other actions. The allowable commands are contextual to the location, or room, the player is in; for example, "get lamp" only has an effect if there is a lamp present. There are dozens of rooms, each of which has a name such as "Debris Room" and a description, and may contain objects or obstacles. The program acts as a narrator, describing to the player their location in the cave and the results of certain actions. If it does not understand the player's commands, it asks for the player to retype their actions.[1] The program's replies are typically in a humorous, conversational tone, much as a Dungeon Master would use in leading players in a tabletop role-playing game.[2]
I shall most likely be eaten by a grue.
Greedy fuckers cannot self-regulate.
Prove me wrong.
stevebrooks

Post by stevebrooks »

I am going to post this here, it's a video, about a game level in Doom, you may think this is going to be boring.......uuuuh, if you are an old Doom player from way back like me you would have already played many custom Doom maps, all sorts of mods, this video is one hour and 42 minutes long....yes it's a long video about one custom Doom level, but it was, for me gripping, I watched the entire fucking thing. It does things I didn't even know Doom could do, it's based on the novel House of Leaves, but that's all I am saying. Watching an entire one hour and 42 minute video on a laptop is rare enough for me, in fact I can't recall ever doing it before. You will love it, or you will hate it, but some of you will do exactly what I did and watch it from beginning to end! It is, in fact, a modern masterpiece!

Irrev-Black

Post by Irrev-Black »

Ye oldy-timey games, playable in-browser.

https://lifehacker.com/best-retro-brows ... 1850815840
Greedy fuckers cannot self-regulate.
Prove me wrong.
MissGreen

Post by MissGreen »

Ive been playing the old dooms again and hot take doom 2 kinda sucks, once you get half way through the maps are more big and confusing then fun. Worse the xbox version im using just sorta doesnt work the same, like im at map 15 and tried to google how to open the tunnel at its end......and the switch just doesnt do anything.

So yeah hot take 1 and three are just more fun and xbos 2 just doesnt totally work
joele
Site Admin

Post by joele »

Playing through Assassins Creed Mirage set in 9th Century Baghdad... Not bad, not great, just kind of grinding though it and doing a lot of pick pocketing, lol.. I have hit a number of annoying bugs too, just save and restart and generally ok then.
"Now this is the command: Do to the doer to make him do." - The Eloquent Peasant (2040–1650 BCE)

“Religion the protector of the well fed and consoler of the hungry.” - Mikhail Bakunin
MissGreen

Post by MissGreen »

joele wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 9:31 pm Playing through Assassins Creed Mirage set in 9th Century Baghdad... Not bad, not great, just kind of grinding though it and doing a lot of pick pocketing, lol.. I have hit a number of annoying bugs too, just save and restart and generally ok then.
I didnt realise it was out, i might have to check it out, then again the last few i liked more for the viking or pirate stuff then the actual assassin stuff.
stylofone

Post by stylofone »

I traded a couple of Switch duds (Ni no Kuni 2, Monster Hunter something-or-other) for Super Mario Bros Wonder. Saved around $50. The guy in the shop was dressed as Mario with a name tag saying "it's-a-me".
I can feel it