Donald Trump

Political issues which help or hinder our society.
Loki

Re: Donald Trump

Post by Loki »

Umm. The names of the jurors were on the indictment. What did anyone expect to happen?
Irrev-Black

Post by Irrev-Black »

Oh dear. Haxx0red.

https://gizmodo.com/donald-trump-patrio ... 1850756126
Greedy fuckers cannot self-regulate.
Prove me wrong.
pipbarber

Post by pipbarber »

I have to tip my hat to Trump. He really does possess a certain situational rat like cunning. He posts his interview with fucker carlson to out rate the GOP nomination debate, which he cleverly doesn't attend given that he'd just get himself in even more legal trouble with his uncontrollable verbiage. And today, he gets a huge national audience to watch his arrest, after which he'll stand at the front of the courthouse and deliver a speech to the hundred plus millions watching. No one can play politics like Trump at the moment. He is the embodiment of his time and place.

I almost admire him. He alone is presenting to the world what liberal democracy has become: a sideshow, a fiction, a fantasy, utterly irrelevant to the functioning of the global economy, an impotent dream into which we all invest the equally impotent hope that electoral politics can change anything.
'The ultimate, hidden truth of the world is that it is something that we make, and could just as easily make differently.' David Graeber
pipbarber

Post by pipbarber »

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... glenn-beck

Trump 2.0 would really be the slash and burn version.

His polling has increased since his arrest in Georgia. He might reach peak popularity should he end up in prison.
'The ultimate, hidden truth of the world is that it is something that we make, and could just as easily make differently.' David Graeber
Irrev-Black

Post by Irrev-Black »

There's no loyalty in Trump.

The kids are going under the bus to lessen the effect on their bright orange clowny father.
realTuckFrumper@mastodon.social
#TuckFrump
@realTuckFrumper@mastodon.social

Trump calls sons 'idiots' and will likely throw them under bus in New York case: biographer https://www.rawstory.com/trump-sons-idiot
Prove me wrong.
pipbarber

Post by pipbarber »

I'm quite sure that one can be entitled to a lack of any measure of sympathy for the Trump juniors should the orange one sacrifice them to the alter of his own ego, given how they have both prospered unashamedly from their family name. Those boys be vampires. I for one, welcome the bus.
stevebrooks

Post by stevebrooks »

It appears the fund raising going on using the Trump mugshot may actually be illegal, the copyright of mugshots belongs to the police precinct that shot them, so the money raised by Trump and co is in breach of copyright;
Leave it to Donald Trump to try and make money off of his Fulton County mug shot while possibly violating U.S. copyright law at the same time. The former president knew his voter base would eagerly buy merchandise with his face boldly emblazoned on it, but his lawyers should have checked on the legalities of this first.
Meanwhile Trump's advisors are threatening anyone else who may use the mugshot to raise funds, while they use it illegally, not sure they have grounds to sue there, can a criminal in breach of copyright laws sue a third party also in breach of copyright laws? Oh dear what a tangled web we weave! It seems the standard of his advisors hasn't risen at all, that barrel bottom must be really scraped dry by now!
The irony of it all is that Donald Trump’s adviser, Chris LaCivita, threatened to go after anyone who created their own line of merchandise from the former president’s mug shot. “If you are a campaign, PAC, scammer and you try raising money off the mugshot of @realDonaldTrump and you have not received prior permission …WE ARE COMING AFTER YOU you will NOT SCAM DONORS,” he wrote on X (formerly Twitter).
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/don ... 57593.html
pipbarber

Post by pipbarber »

stevebrooks wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 11:54 pm ....It seems the standard of his advisors hasn't risen at all, that barrel bottom must be really scraped dry by now!....
I have been musing on Trump being president again and who in the hell is he going to employ to do shit. Last time around, there were lots of people willing to take on the serious jobs, the ministries and the key admin roles. They may have had, dodgy as fuck politics but they seemed, nevertheless, to maintain some kind of half-hearted deference to protocols, established norms and the continuation of presidential proceedings, sort of. Some old hands even stepped up, like John Bolton.

The future cohort of a new Trump presidency are likely to make the 2016-20 bunch seem like very stable...politicians and administrators. I find it tough to imagine anything but total dysfunction and chaos on quite the original level. What serious person would apply for a role under Trump? He'll be forced to recruit from his MAGA fan base. There will be an expertise deficit of historically significant magnitude.

If it weren't for the fact that president Trump 2.0 would likely embolden fascism, it'd be highly amusing to watch Trump in power again. Easy for me to say, of course, sitting here in Melbourne, but then again, it's not as though the alternative is going to do anything substantive. The wealthy will get wealthier, the poor and oppressed will grow and the climate will produce one disaster after another - neither Dem or GOP will do jack shit about any of it. And this logic is why Trump will win an election.

Crystal balls for breakie at my joint, it appears.
Irrev-Black

Post by Irrev-Black »

Irrev-Black wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 8:35 am There's no loyalty in Trump.

The kids are going under the bus to lessen the effect on their bright orange clowny father.
realTuckFrumper@mastodon.social
#TuckFrump
@realTuckFrumper@mastodon.social

Trump calls sons 'idiots' and will likely throw them under bus in New York case: biographer https://www.rawstory.com/trump-sons-idiot
Yup! Under the bus goes Eric...

https://secondnexus.com/eric-trump-deposition-under-bus
Prove me wrong.
pipbarber

Post by pipbarber »

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... reme-court

I don't know why but it never occurred to me that the supreme court would sit down and decide if Trump can legally stand for office. I kind of assumed he just would and everyone would look at each other wondering if it was legal, perhaps launch cases in lower courts, and then the election would happen. According to Michael Luttig though, the court will decide before the primaries begin. That's got to be a good move. 6-3 conservative majority of course, but surely it would be best for absolutely everybody, of any political leaning, to clear this issue up one way or the other.
“Neither the secretary of state’s office nor the attorney general’s office has taken any position regarding the potential applicability of section three of the 14th amendment to the United States constitution to the upcoming presidential election cycle,” Scanlan said in a joint statement with the New Hampshire attorney general, John Formella. “The secretary of state’s office has requested the attorney general’s office to advise the secretary of state regarding the meaning of section three of the 14th amendment to the United States constitution and the provision’s potential applicability to the upcoming presidential election cycle.”
Mud? All clear!