The technology of 'no reply' emails

All things technology oriented.
Adventurer

The technology of 'no reply' emails

Post by Adventurer »

What really happens if someone replies to the 'no reply' email, given the laws of thermodynamics that states

"Matter cannot be created nor destroyed, only converted from one form of energy to another."

I'd like to discuss, thx!
Irrev-Black

Re: The technology of 'no reply' emails

Post by Irrev-Black »

Trees fall on them in the forest.
Greedy fuckers cannot self-regulate.
Prove me wrong.
Irrev-Black

Post by Irrev-Black »

Adventurer wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:22 am What really happens if someone replies to the 'no reply' email, given the laws of thermodynamics that states

"Matter cannot be created nor destroyed, only converted from one form of energy to another."

I'd like to discuss, thx!
Technologically and in all other senses, the reply email exists, just like a wrongly-addressed email would.

"Correct Addressee" is not a necessary criterion for existence.

Your thoughts need not bother including thermodynamics, and you'll probably only confuse yourself worse if you continue.
Prove me wrong.
stevebrooks

Post by stevebrooks »

It gets what we tech people call, "black holed" which is not the exciting thing it sounds like at all, but more a mundane process named after an exciting thing!
Irrev-Black

Post by Irrev-Black »

stevebrooks wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 1:38 pm It gets what we tech people call, "black holed" which is not the exciting thing it sounds like at all, but more a mundane process named after an exciting thing!
Damn. If only it involved flying glittery ponies with horns protruding from their foreheads or something like that.

Stuff's usually mundane, innit?
Prove me wrong.
stylofone

Post by stylofone »

Irrev-Black wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 3:39 pm
stevebrooks wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 1:38 pm It gets what we tech people call, "black holed" which is not the exciting thing it sounds like at all, but more a mundane process named after an exciting thing!
Damn. If only it involved flying glittery ponies with horns protruding from their foreheads or something like that.

Stuff's usually mundane, innit?
The fantasy novel Un Lun Dun by China Mieville is about a parallel universe where lost things, like umbrellas, pens and odd socks, materialise and become sentient. I think the emails could go there.

It's actually not that good a book, but I was impressed that besides the titular city, it includes 'Parisn't' and 'No York'.
I can feel it
Irrev-Black

Post by Irrev-Black »

Where do the missing socks from the laundromat go?
Prove me wrong.