Nasty Churches and Cults

Discussion of religion, conspiracy theories, pseudoscience and similar topics.
Irrev-Black

Nasty Churches and Cults

Post by Irrev-Black »

Hey - this mob did abortions!

There was the small matter of consent, however.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-67749215
Greedy fuckers cannot self-regulate.
Prove me wrong.
Irrev-Black

Re: Nasty Churches and Cults

Post by Irrev-Black »

Irrev-Black wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 12:16 pm Hey - this mob did abortions!

More on same mob.

Warning: Contains accounts of torture, rape and self-harm

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-67861976
Prove me wrong.
Irrev-Black

Post by Irrev-Black »

Irrev-Black wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 12:16 pm Hey - this mob did abortions!

More on the creepy Joshua.
The BBC unmasks, for the first time, how the late Nigerian televangelist TB Joshua faked the miracles that drew millions of people to his church.

The preacher, who is accused of widespread abuse and torture spanning almost 20 years, founded his Synagogue Church of All Nations (Scoan) in Lagos more than three decades ago. His meteoric rise to fame was closely tied to his self-professed divine powers and his supposed ability to heal the sick.

The theatrical healings - showing the physically disabled walking and on one occasion purporting to resurrect a dead person - were filmed. Along with testimonies of those he claimed to have cured, they were then sent on VHS tapes to churches across the world.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-67944614
Prove me wrong.
Irrev-Black

Post by Irrev-Black »

Is the Assyrian church in Wakeley, SYD, going to be called out for mob violence?

https://kolektiva.social/deck/@Throsby@ ... 4985551478
Throsby@infosec.exchange
Sheep Oveɾboɑɾd
@Throsby@infosec.exchange

The behaviour of the "flock" at Wakeley’s Christ The Good Shepherd Church tells you all you need to know about the message that church is spreading.

"One police officer told the SMH: “The crowd was attacking us, throwing things and being aggressive as we tried to help their bishop. I said to them, ‘We aren’t your enemy’.” "
The attack triggered an angry response from hundreds of community members who quickly gathered outside the church. Many believed the attacker was still inside and did not want to let him leave for medical treatment.

The police helicopter, the tactical unit and dozens of uniformed officers spent several hours countering the crowd. Riot Squad officers used shields to push the crowd back from the church and nearby streets.

The police helicopter circled overhead broadcasting the message: “All persons, please vacate the area immediately.”

Some projectiles were thrown at police throughout the night and footage shows several NSW Police vehicles with smashed windows and damaged panelling.

One police officer, who is unable to be identified for safety reasons, told this masthead: “The crowd was attacking us, throwing things and being aggressive as we tried to help their bishop. I said to them, ‘We aren’t your enemy’.”

Two police officers were taken to hospital after being injured by members of the crowd who broke into “a number of houses to gain weapons to throw at the police”, Holland said, adding that some in the group also threw items at the church in a bid to get access to the suspect.
- SMH

If this was a union, social club, or political movement, there would be stringent measures.
Prove me wrong.
stylofone

Post by stylofone »

Irrev-Black wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:45 amIf this was a union, social club, or political movement, there would be stringent measures.
Anti-vax conspiracy type preaching, anti LGBT hate, "Christian Lives Matter", amplified by big social a media insanity accelerant... all this on top of being a traumatised diaspora (please educate me if that is a bad descriptor). Then a 15 year old (!) goes crazy with some sort of sharpened implement, not long after a much bigger stabbing horror in Bondi Junction.

It's all a bit much.
I can feel it
stylofone

Post by stylofone »

Irrev-Black wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:45 amIs the Assyrian church in Wakeley, SYD, going to be called out for mob violence?
I just read that the attacker was heard saying he was there because the Bishop had insulted the prophet, or words to that effect.
I can feel it
Irrev-Black

Post by Irrev-Black »

stylofone wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:52 am
Irrev-Black wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:45 amIs the Assyrian church in Wakeley, SYD, going to be called out for mob violence?
I just read that the attacker was heard saying he was there because the Bishop had insulted the prophet, or words to that effect.
As one of my Mastodon folk said "one extremist stabbed another".
Prove me wrong.
Irrev-Black

Post by Irrev-Black »

Wakeley stabber was apparently already on a good behaviour bond.
The teenage boy arrested over last night's stabbing attack inside a Sydney church was placed on a good behaviour bond after facing court for a knife crime just three months ago.

ABC News has learned the identity of the 16-year-old boy, but has chosen not to publish his name.

The ABC can reveal the boy was charged with a range of offences, including possessing a knife, in November last year after an incident at a Sydney train station involving other teenage boys.

The boy was found in possession of a flick knife and charged with being armed with a weapon with intent to commit and indictable offence, stalking and/or intimidation and recklessly destroy or damage property.

He was on bail until his last court appearance in January, where his case was "proven" but dismissed with a good behaviour bond.

The ABC understands at the time of last night's attack he was no longer subject to any court orders or supervision by law enforcement.

NSW Premier Chris Minns has told 7.30 the alleged perpetrator of the knife attack was not suspected to have been radicalised.

"He wasn't on a terrorism watch list," Mr Minns said.

"That's important information [and] I understand the community concern.

"New South Wales Police are looking at all avenues particularly radicalisation."
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-04-16/ ... /103729224
Prove me wrong.
Irrev-Black

Post by Irrev-Black »

Hey, remember Not-Really-A-Doctor Daniel Nalliah, famous for "god sends bushfires because birth control" and the Great Mount Ainslie Blood Panic, which turned out to be rust?
An evangelistic pastor and former political candidate with the Family First and Rise Up Australia parties has faced court after being charged with the assault of a woman at a property in Melbourne’s south-east.

Daniel Nalliah, 59, who once claimed the Black Saturday bushfires were God’s revenge for Victoria’s “incendiary abortion laws which decimate life in the womb”, has denied assaulting the woman on April 27 last year.

He will face a contest mention hearing in the Dandenong Magistrates Court in June.

Nalliah had previously pleaded guilty to the assault charge at a hearing on March 20, but withdrew the plea when informed by Magistrate Christina Windisch that she would release details of the case to The Age.
Apparently there's fear of distressing consequences.
His lawyer argued that not granting the suppression order would “cause significant harm and suffering to Mr Nalliah’s psychological and physical health”.

Publication of the assault charges would also cause distress among members of his congregation, it was claimed in the suppression order application.

“Granting of the media application will harm the reputation of Reformation Harvest Church, will cause psychological harm to those who work and attend this church, and bring the services provided by this church, and churches in general, into disrepute,” according to the application.
Fuckin diddums.

https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/nation ... 5fm5z.html
Prove me wrong.
Loki

Post by Loki »

...and bring the services provided by this church, and churches in general, into disrepute,...
And when I awoke
I was alone, this bird had flown
So I lit a fire
Isn't it good, Norwegian wood?