Russia

Political issues which help or hinder our society.
stevebrooks

Russia

Post by stevebrooks »

We need one, in Russia failure is not acceptable!
Mikhail Marov, 90, who had been described as a key consultant in the mission, suffered a “sharp deterioration” in his health following the crash of the Luna-25 spacecraft.

The unmanned space vessel spun out of control and crashed into the moon’s surface on Saturday as Russia’s first lunar expedition in 47 years ended in embarrassment.

Marov’s health problems are believed to have arisen after he called for an investigation into the failure of the mission.
Investigation, oh dear that's a bad word in Putin's Russia;

https://www.news.com.au/technology/scie ... 7d22ea3a55
Irrev-Black

Re: Russia

Post by Irrev-Black »

Wagner rebel Prigozhin falls, a little more spectacularly than from a window.

https://thenewdaily.com.au/news/2023/08 ... ane-crash/
Greedy fuckers cannot self-regulate.
Prove me wrong.
stevebrooks

Post by stevebrooks »

Irrev-Black wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 6:43 amWagner rebel Prigozhin falls, a little more spectacularly than from a window.
Lots of windows in a plane,he could have made it through one, for a brief moment at terminal velocity as it came towards him after stopping at the ground. Hand up who thought this would happen!
pipbarber

Post by pipbarber »

stevebrooks wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 11:09 am
Irrev-Black wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 6:43 amWagner rebel Prigozhin falls, a little more spectacularly than from a window.
Lots of windows in a plane,he could have made it through one, for a brief moment at terminal velocity as it came towards him after stopping at the ground. Hand up who thought this would happen!
Well, to be honest, i thought they'd go the poison or just shoot him. A plane crash is next level, given the collateral damage - the pilots, anyone else on the flight etc. pretty ruthless.
'The ultimate, hidden truth of the world is that it is something that we make, and could just as easily make differently.' David Graeber
Irrev-Black

Post by Irrev-Black »

pipbarber wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 11:31 am(SNIP)

Well, to be honest, i thought they'd go the poison or just shoot him. A plane crash is next level, given the collateral damage - the pilots, anyone else on the flight etc. pretty ruthless.
His own private plane, apparently. It sends a message to everybody else Vlad hasn't killed yet.

According to this media outlet, it was a bomb in a last-minute "gift" case of wine brought onboard.

Also, according to that article, the Progozhin gang are making "march on Moscow" noises.

We all wait and see.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... pread.html
Prove me wrong.
stylofone

Post by stylofone »

A French expert quoted on the radio said the video looked to him like it was from a missile. But yes, it's rutheless, not that that's any surprise. I tend to think it will have the desired effect and Putin will be feeling a bit safer. Maybe it will take stealth or a surprise attack to remove Vlad, not by an arrogant maniac like Prigozhin who lived so publicly.
I can feel it
pipbarber

Post by pipbarber »

There was no body, obviously. Is there hard evidence that he was really on the plane?

In terms of motive, being presumed dead for a person in his position would certainly have its advantages. Access to shitloads of cash, fake passport and an urgent need to get away from Putin all fit the profile.

Pretty sure he defected to the US. He's hanging out at Hunter Biden's joint, almost certainly.
'The ultimate, hidden truth of the world is that it is something that we make, and could just as easily make differently.' David Graeber
pipbarber

Post by pipbarber »

pipbarber wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 9:41 pm There was no body, obviously. Is there hard evidence that he was really on the plane?

In terms of motive, being presumed dead for a person in his position would certainly have its advantages. Access to shitloads of cash, fake passport and an urgent need to get away from Putin all fit the profile.

Pretty sure he defected to the US. He's hanging out at Hunter Biden's joint, almost certainly.
:lol:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/ ... -convinced

How easy is it to start a conspiracy theory?
stevebrooks

Post by stevebrooks »

pipbarber wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 7:20 amHow easy is it to start a conspiracy theory?
They start themselves, but seriously, according to information on the internet a different Wagner plane took off from Moscow a few hours before this one did, it's entirely possible the boss knew all about the plan to kill him and decided to sacrifice his crew and passengers as a way of making his "death" more believable and was actually on the earlier plane. I mean are there any actual pictures of him boarding the plane? Surely that would be the obvious way to go, I certainly don't believe the airport doesn't have security cams watching everything and a time stamped picture of him boarding the place shouldn't be hard to get hold of.
Irrev-Black

Post by Irrev-Black »

untitled.jpg
untitled.jpg (50.69 KiB) Viewed 1770 times
Matt Golding view.
Prove me wrong.