The Dash Cam Thread

For anything that doesn't fit anywhere above.
two dogs

The Dash Cam Thread

Post by two dogs »

I'll start this thread with a video in which I am uncharacteristically NOT bitching and whingeing about other road users! ;)

As I followed the white van that entered the roundabout just before me, when I saw the driver deploy their left indicator, I was preparing to brake as they slowed down to make the turn. Fuck me, unlike many drivers, they actually moved far to the left before making the turn! :o

I was a little surprised that YouTube identified the music, but a copyright strike wasn't imposed.
The standard you walk past is the standard you accept.

David Morrison (1956 -)
stevebrooks

Re: The Dash Cam Thread

Post by stevebrooks »

Tradies, who else, what an idiot;

https://www.news.com.au/technology/moto ... 561a8fb6cd
stevebrooks

Post by stevebrooks »

Well that ended exactly how it should end, with the idiot suffering all the punishment, although it's a pity a lot of people had to go without water for a while due to his actions;

https://www.news.com.au/technology/moto ... d63fdf1efb
Irrev-Black

Post by Irrev-Black »

stevebrooks wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 11:22 am Well that ended exactly how it should end, with the idiot suffering all the punishment, although it's a pity a lot of people had to go without water for a while due to his actions;

https://www.news.com.au/technology/moto ... d63fdf1efb

Linky is for those who get "allow DRM or we won't show you" messages.

Having watched it, I must admit I larfed. A lot!
Greedy fuckers cannot self-regulate.
Prove me wrong.
two dogs

Post by two dogs »

Dash Cam Owners Australia August 2023 On the Road Compilation:

The standard you walk past is the standard you accept.

David Morrison (1956 -)
Irrev-Black

Post by Irrev-Black »

two dogs wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 3:23 pm Dash Cam Owners Australia August 2023 On the Road Compilation:

I was almost convinced that motorcyclists were unnaturally lucky this month...

... then came that final thingy with the length of rebar.
Prove me wrong.
stevebrooks

Post by stevebrooks »

Got some videos I want to upload but strangely enough the MS tools I was using all suddenly seem to throw up and error or just stop working, it's funny though because suddenly they are all pushing me to edit my videos with MS Clipchamp, which I have had a look at, and it demands I sign in with an account to use it, so looks like I will need to find a new free video trimmer for these little jobs, very annoying.
Irrev-Black

Post by Irrev-Black »

stevebrooks wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 6:08 pm(SNIP)
... looks like I will need to find a new free video trimmer for these little jobs, very annoying.
Are you on PC, Tablet, or phone, and what OS? One of us is bound to have a possible solution.
Prove me wrong.
stevebrooks

Post by stevebrooks »

Irrev-Black wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 6:11 pmAre you on PC, Tablet, or phone, and what OS? One of us is bound to have a possible solution.
Ok I am using MS Clipchamp for now, only signed in with my google account seeing as I was going to be using that to upload anyway, no way I am going to sign in to a MS account after the other programs by MS mysterious started crashing the same time Clipchamp suddenly started appearing, it's a reasonable program to use, but no way a simple vid editing tool should require you to sign into any account, let alone an MS accoung, fuckem!

Anyway here are the clips. Saturday morning on my way to the recycle center, a tame one first, just an idiot thinking the entire road belongs to them;

This next one nothing short of a miracle it wasn't an absolute disaster, keep in mind this is a local road 60kph leading up to a give way sign and the crossing road is 110kph, so people will absolutely be going as fast as they are allowed on the cross road, luckily the driver of the car towing the caravan had enough time to pull around and there was no traffic coming the other way but if that grey car had pulled out a few seconds later, or there was traffic, there would have been car and caravan everywhere!

stevebrooks

Post by stevebrooks »

That'll teach me I guess, got a spam email from MS to join the Clipchat community, despite not supplying any info to MS at all when downloading the program and logging in to my google account to use it, you can bet I quickly unsubscibed to that bollocks!