OG preview tags work, well without the tags

All the latest forum news and announcements.
joele
Site Admin

OG preview tags work, well without the tags

Post by joele »

OG tags now working, but you don't need to use the tags, just post the web address/link and if it automatically recognises that the site has a preview, then it will use that instead of just showing the address..

e.g. I just pasted the link straight from ABC below.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-07-29/ ... /102643312
"Now this is the command: Do to the doer to make him do." - The Eloquent Peasant (2040–1650 BCE)

“Religion the protector of the well fed and consoler of the hungry.” - Mikhail Bakunin
joele
Site Admin

Re: OG preview tags work, well without the tags

Post by joele »

Seems OG plugin is very temperamental, there were others complaining about that but it seems support on most of these plugins is waning..

They said the reason was due to incorrect OG tags (or incomplete), maybe just excuses.. The source code is available so I may get a chance to look at it down the road, I hope...
"Now this is the command: Do to the doer to make him do." - The Eloquent Peasant (2040–1650 BCE)

“Religion the protector of the well fed and consoler of the hungry.” - Mikhail Bakunin
two dogs

Post by two dogs »

joele wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 8:33 pm Seems OG plugin is very temperamental, there were others complaining about that but it seems support on most of these plugins is waning..

They said the reason was due to incorrect OG tags (or incomplete), maybe just excuses.. The source code is available so I may get a chance to look at it down the road, I hope...
Is it the Magic OGP links extension by Ger? If so, I'll download it and have a look, comparing it with the code I wrote for my vBulletin OG BBCode.
The standard you walk past is the standard you accept.

David Morrison (1956 -)
joele
Site Admin

Post by joele »

two dogs wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 12:35 pmIs it the Magic OGP links extension by Ger?
That's the one, thankyou.