What is Elon Musk up to now..

Post here with any news report you want to discuss.
Irrev-Black

Re: What is Elon Musk up to now..

Post by Irrev-Black »

Is it too early to start saying "pedo guy" in proximity to Space Brat? I hear he is fond of the phrase.

Birdsite is lax on kid abuse material.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/ ... e-material
Greedy fuckers cannot self-regulate.
Prove me wrong.
stevebrooks

Post by stevebrooks »

Just a logical extension of the fact that there is no system left to identify and remove abuse material. I mean who knew removing the systems in place to prevent political and racial abuse and other sorts of abuse would also lead to an increase in child abuse material, I mean who knew that could happen? Oh right, everyone!
pipbarber

Post by pipbarber »

Even by skeptical evaluations, xtwitter is worth billions. A $600k fine for child exploitation material seems woefully inadequate.
'The ultimate, hidden truth of the world is that it is something that we make, and could just as easily make differently.' David Graeber
joele
Site Admin

Post by joele »

pipbarber wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 3:04 pmEven by skeptical evaluations, xtwitter is worth billions. A $600k fine for child exploitation material seems woefully inadequate.
Agreed, but hopefully just the tip of the iceburg,

I think/hope the incoming EU cases will cost them dearly..
"Now this is the command: Do to the doer to make him do." - The Eloquent Peasant (2040–1650 BCE)

“Religion the protector of the well fed and consoler of the hungry.” - Mikhail Bakunin
Irrev-Black

Post by Irrev-Black »

Entwittification of the former birdshite continues.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/ ... hilippines
Prove me wrong.
stylofone

Post by stylofone »

Irrev-Black wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 3:04 pm Entwittification of the former birdshite continues.
Stopping bots? Ha! It's completely about making money. I recall one of Skum's previous complaints along the lines that everyone on instagram (or whatever) buys something, but no-one on Twitter buys anything. A token amount like this - one dollar a year - means he gets the credit card numbers, and he can push sales at his marks without requiring them to go through all that rigmarole of registering. "Buy now with one click" is what Amazon calls it. Google do it too. Before I discovered Aurora store, on the occasions when someone like the NSW government FORCED me to download an app (e.g. for Covid check-ins) I would go to the google play store and before I could do anything else, it asked me if I wanted to register a credit card. This is typical of government surrender to, or collusion with silicone valley. In fact the NSW government services app won't even work without google surveillance elements present on your phone. I was pleased that the ACT covid app worked fine on a de-googled phone.

But I digress, and stray into generic surveillance capitalism gripes. Skum wants in on that hustle, and this is completely consistent with his "everything app" aspirations.
I can feel it
Irrev-Black

Post by Irrev-Black »

Irrev-Black wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 11:58 am Is it too early to start saying "pedo guy" in proximity to Space Brat? I hear he is fond of the phrase.

Birdsite is lax on kid abuse material.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/ ... e-material
Will Space Brat pay up?

Does Space Brat ever pay up?
After Musk took ownership of Twitter in November last year, he fired 80% of the staff globally, and now says the company no longer has a presence in Australia, raising questions about whether X could be compelled to pay the fine.

[It is] very, very unlikely,” Barnet says. “X owes too much already in interest, and rent not paid.”

X has faced several lawsuits over alleged failure to pay rent since Musk took over. One Australian-based company, Facilitate, took X to court in the US in July seeking more than A$1m for work done at offices in London, Dublin, Sydney and Singapore. In August, X responded to the complaint denying that it had breached contracts, stating milestones had not been met. The case is still ongoing.

If X does not pay the fine or does not comply with the request for information, the e-safety commissioner could seek a civil penalty from the federal court, which could lead to daily fines of up to $782,000, backdated to February 2023, when the first notice was issued.

The e-safety commissioner, Julie Inman Grant, speaking at a SXSW event in Sydney on Monday, said the cost would be in the tens of millions of dollars if the maximum penalty was applied. It would then be up to the court to determine how to pursue X for the funds.
https://www.theguardian.com/technology/ ... -then-what
Prove me wrong.
Loki

Post by Loki »

So shut it down in Aus till he can meet his basic responsibilities.

It really isn't hard.
stylofone

Post by stylofone »

Loki wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 12:01 pm So shut it down in Aus till he can meet his basic responsibilities.

It really isn't hard.
They've already got the tools to do it, it could be the same way the pirate bay and similar sites have a redirect at the order of govco.
I can feel it
Irrev-Black

Post by Irrev-Black »

stylofone wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 6:42 pm
Loki wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 12:01 pm So shut it down in Aus till he can meet his basic responsibilities.

It really isn't hard.
They've already got the tools to do it, it could be the same way the pirate bay and similar sites have a redirect at the order of govco.
Apartheid Nepo Brat could even pull it off as a DIY project.

https://www.techdirt.com/2023/10/19/wou ... overreach/
Prove me wrong.