What shows are you currently watching?

For anything that doesn't fit anywhere above.
nibble

Re: What shows are you currently watching?

Post by nibble »

stylofone wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:07 pm I gave up on Fallout. It just seemed dumb, or maybe too lightweight to carry the heavy ideas it was taking on. Then it was boring, I was watching bits of it at double speed with subtitles on. Finally the violence was gratuitous and just unpleasant to watch. The scene where a character's finger is bitten off, and then in return her index finger is slowly cut off with a knife, was a bit much even for me. If it was in a less dumb show I wouldn't have minded.

On the plus side, Zach Cherry (Dylan in Severance) is in it, and the opening scenes of LA under nuclear attack were very well done.
Yeap. Got two episodes in and gave up. My son on the other hand loves it. Cut from a different cloth no doubt :D
Spiral out ....
Irrev-Black

Post by Irrev-Black »

A story's got to be pretty compelling if I'm going to watch through gore scenes.

If I wanted gratuitous bloodshed, I'd watch the news.
Greedy fuckers cannot self-regulate.
Prove me wrong.
Irrev-Black

Post by Irrev-Black »

We are going to be spoiled for choice soon.

Apart from the wonderful Lucy Lawless returning in a fourth series of My Life Is Murder (get the past episodes if you've not seen it - guaranteed funny as well as a reasonable whodunnit) - there's another set of The Big Door Prize, an unexpected second tranche of that subversively queered animation Velma, and the fun of spotting anachronisms in the Sister Boniface Mysteries.

I'll almost forget the world's going to hell in a handbasket, for a while at least.
Prove me wrong.
joele
Site Admin

Post by joele »

nibble wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:21 am Yeap. Got two episodes in and gave up. My son on the other hand loves it. Cut from a different cloth no doubt :D
I really enjoyed it, but I think your level of enjoyment will be somewhat tied to your level of familiarity with the games/lore.

The level of Gore is very much a reflection of the gore in the game, but understandably not everyone's cup of tea.

Was successful enough that it has been signed for a 2nd season already.
"Now this is the command: Do to the doer to make him do." - The Eloquent Peasant (2040–1650 BCE)

“Religion the protector of the well fed and consoler of the hungry.” - Mikhail Bakunin
stylofone

Post by stylofone »

My brother showed me this youtube creation, it was probably viral in 2016 but I missed it. It's amateurish but somehow it also depicts an aspect of Australian life more accurately than anything else.

Or as Nolsy would say, "yeah nah yeah yeah nah fuck yeah yah fucken cunt"!

I can feel it
stylofone

Post by stylofone »

Shows and movies I am looking forward to:

Let it Be - the Beatles movie which they sort of buried for decades. I look forward to improved quality - due today.
Doctor Who - May 10
Stax: Soulsville USA (documentary series, I love this sort of thing)- May 20
Sweet Tooth - June 6
House of the Dragon - June 16
The Boy and the Heron (Hayao Miyazaki, always a must-see director for me) - June 25
I can feel it
Irrev-Black

Post by Irrev-Black »

I'm saving our regular shows till Herself gets back from interstate, where she's doing important family stuff.

So, what to watch? Oh, there's some bad, old cheese around - the kind of thing I only saw in passing while it was new.

It's as comical as the shocking body roll on Gordon Jackson's Roller.

We started watching Bergerac together after getting sidetracked from the early seasons of Midsomer Murders (also with John Nettles). Next thing I find, some mob's decided to do a current-day remake of the series.
Prove me wrong.
stylofone

Post by stylofone »

I didn't mention, Yo Gabba Gabba is being revived, for those who find themselves exposed to predominantly pre-school programs.
I can feel it
wolty

Post by wolty »

Just finished Bodkin and it was quite ok. Got slammed in a Guardian review about stereotyping the Irish but it really wasn't that bad. I got the impression the person writing the review was not Irish but complaining for the Irish.......
wolty

Post by wolty »

wolty wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 3:52 pm Just finished Bodkin and it was quite ok. Got slammed in a Guardian review about stereotyping the Irish but it really wasn't that bad. I got the impression the person writing the review was not Irish but complaining for the Irish.......
Just to add. The final scene left a couple of questions unanswered, almost like they forgot to finish it. In a confused type of way. Otherwise the actor who played Seamus was amazing the whole way through!!