What shows are you currently watching?

For anything that doesn't fit anywhere above.
nibble

Re: What shows are you currently watching?

Post by nibble »

Shogun 2024 is great. A remake of the original.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2788316/?r ... 2_q_shogun
Spiral out ....
stylofone

Post by stylofone »

I've been stockpiling Shogun, I wasn't sure if I'd watch it, but I'll give it a go. 3 Body Problem is a must for me!

My brother has also been raving about Mr Bates vs the Post Office. He is a union official who has boundless energy for taking on brutal and pigheaded employers and their high-powered lawyers, so he inspired me to add it to the list. I generally don't even turn the TV on much, so it's hard for me to get started on a show, but I'm pretty sure once I get the taste for these three they'll be well worth it.
I can feel it
joele
Site Admin

Post by joele »

stylofone wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:32 am 3 Body Problem is a must for me!
Overall a good series, just binged it on the weekend..
"Now this is the command: Do to the doer to make him do." - The Eloquent Peasant (2040–1650 BCE)

“Religion the protector of the well fed and consoler of the hungry.” - Mikhail Bakunin
nibble

Post by nibble »

joele wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 1:53 pm
stylofone wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:32 am 3 Body Problem is a must for me!
Overall a good series, just binged it on the weekend..
Yes me too. I quite enjoyed it. I'm curious as to how this will develop given the time lines involved.
Spiral out ....
joele
Site Admin

Post by joele »

nibble wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:39 am Yes me too. I quite enjoyed it. I'm curious as to how this will develop given the time lines involved.
100%

I do have some criticisms but they are nit picky and probably spoilers so decided to leave it as "overall good" ;-)
"Now this is the command: Do to the doer to make him do." - The Eloquent Peasant (2040–1650 BCE)

“Religion the protector of the well fed and consoler of the hungry.” - Mikhail Bakunin
stylofone

Post by stylofone »

joele wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:10 pm
nibble wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:39 am Yes me too. I quite enjoyed it. I'm curious as to how this will develop given the time lines involved.
100%

I do have some criticisms but they are nit picky and probably spoilers so decided to leave it as "overall good" ;-)
I just finished it, enjoyed it immensely. I liked the way they included a book of fairy tales. There is a huge amount of suspension of disbelief required, stuff that doesn't really make sense, but you just go along with it because it's more fun that way. Mostly for me this involves just accepting that sometimes the aliens are omnipotent, then at other times they just have a tea break for no reason at all, other than if they are omnipotent all the time the story would would be over in five minutes, not five seasons.
I can feel it
stylofone

Post by stylofone »

This just landed. It's nice to have new shows flowing, while waiting for new episodes of Silo, Sweet Tooth, The Last of Us. Too much post-apocalypse is barely enough!

I can feel it
stylofone

Post by stylofone »

We'll be tuning in at 6.20.

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radi ... mm-episode
I can feel it
Irrev-Black

Post by Irrev-Black »

stylofone wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:51 pm We'll be tuning in at 6.20.

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radi ... mm-episode
Strict-sequence household here. We are only about 10 episodes into Series 3.
Greedy fuckers cannot self-regulate.
Prove me wrong.
stylofone

Post by stylofone »

I gave up on Fallout. It just seemed dumb, or maybe too lightweight to carry the heavy ideas it was taking on. Then it was boring, I was watching bits of it at double speed with subtitles on. Finally the violence was gratuitous and just unpleasant to watch. The scene where a character's finger is bitten off, and then in return her index finger is slowly cut off with a knife, was a bit much even for me. If it was in a less dumb show I wouldn't have minded.

On the plus side, Zach Cherry (Dylan in Severance) is in it, and the opening scenes of LA under nuclear attack were very well done.
I can feel it