The Dash Cam Thread

For anything that doesn't fit anywhere above.
stevebrooks

Re: The Dash Cam Thread

Post by stevebrooks »

Stolen car with a dashcam, that's handy!

https://www.news.com.au/national/victor ... e59ede46b8
stylofone

Post by stylofone »

stevebrooks wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2024 10:16 pm Stolen car with a dashcam, that's handy!

https://www.news.com.au/national/victor ... e59ede46b8
Another news.com.au gem:
the vehicle allegedly runs through red lights and drives on the wrong side of the road, almost missing several pedestrians along the way.
So irresponsible of them! If they'd missed those pedestrians who knows what might have happened.
I can feel it
stevebrooks

Post by stevebrooks »

New dash cam video, you don't think you can be surprised anymore, wait until you see the couple at the end!

stylofone

Post by stylofone »

stevebrooks wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2024 12:46 am New dash cam video, you don't think you can be surprised anymore, wait until you see the couple at the end!

Is it just me, or is that the most intense compilation ever? The wheelchair, the power lines, the pedestrian pressing the button, the pained expression on the face of the man helping the geriatric reverser, the comical angry cyclist. So many highlights!
I can feel it
stevebrooks

Post by stevebrooks »

Dash Cam Owners road rage special. It's surprising the number of people who wreck just not their own car but multiple others because they are help up for 2 seconds or don't get to shove their way in because they made a stupid decision.

stevebrooks

Post by stevebrooks »

Not a dash cam but...........and seriously people thinking it's the car drivers fault in the article? It's likely, due to the intervening cars obstructing his view, the driver of the white car had no idea a cyclist was coming through a red light.
Video of the incident, which occurred at the intersection of Richmond Road and Third Ave in Blacktown just opposite the showground, has been viewed 86,000 times and sparked debate over who was in the wrong.
I mean there was many seconds of green light for the car before it went through the intersection, someone claims to know the intersection and that the pedestrian crossing light always goes out before people are fully across, sure maybe walking, but there's also a delay after the pedestrian light goes out before the car green light comes on, and this was a person on a bike doing a fair clip not walking slowly, so I don't believe that for a moment, he certain;y looks to have started across after the pedestrian light turned off, he was just trying to keep up with his girlfriend.

https://www.news.com.au/technology/moto ... 97db3d9893
stevebrooks

Post by stevebrooks »

Ok just got back from Perth, surprisingly the open road driving was actually quite tame, apart from a few of the roads that were looking the worse for wear, but I managed to avoid all the potholes, then I got to Perth lol!

Driving in the rain, a few days after I arrived, and I can tell you driving not in the rain wasn't an option, it was either raining of getting ready to rain, and what do I encounter on the freeway? This idiot, keeping in mind dash cams always make things appear further away;

Then this idiot, note the white ute directly ahead backing out of a driveway, he stopped and I thought he was going to let me go by before driving off to avoid any nasty rear end stuff, but nope, my mistake....!

And then someone at the local Perth KFC, note the sign directly in front of him and it's hard to see but also written on the driveway he was pulling out of;

Note the "No Exit" on the drive in front of me is to stop people entering the driveway I am in so not directed at me, this is the single lane entrance to the car park.
two dogs

Post by two dogs »

What in the fuck are some of these drivers/motorbike riders/cyclists on!

The standard you walk past is the standard you accept.

David Morrison (1956 -)
stevebrooks

Post by stevebrooks »

two dogs wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2024 4:43 pm What in the fuck are some of these drivers/motorbike riders/cyclists on!

Don't know what they are on but most of the idiots seem to think it's the other person's fault no matter how stupid they were driving!
stevebrooks

Post by stevebrooks »

Change of pace today, don't see many of these around nowadays.