What shows are you currently watching?

For anything that doesn't fit anywhere above.
MissGreen

Re: What shows are you currently watching?

Post by MissGreen »

I gave generation v a go, it's quite good if you dont mind a bit of gore and social awareness. Even better if your like me and love comic book stuff that has a bit more soul and or teeth then your standard mcu play it safe style. I'm also gping to try and find the twilight zone, i saw some clips amd thought it up alley for very different reasons.
Wrenn

Post by Wrenn »

Just finished watching Boy Swallows Universe on Netflix, a 7 part mini series about a kid growing up in 1980s Brisbane, based on a book by the same name. Fantastic series, brilliant acting and a great story. Worth a look if you get the chance.
Irrev-Black

Post by Irrev-Black »

Monsieur Spade.

It's been a long time since The Maltese Falcon.

1963, France. The Sam Spade character transfers well, the scenery's to die for, and the writing's pretty good.
Greedy fuckers cannot self-regulate.
Prove me wrong.
Irrev-Black

Post by Irrev-Black »

Irrev-Black wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 6:56 pm Well, not currently, but it's been a long time since The Life Of Brian, so now I'm waiting for next year and The Book of Clarence, because a bit of biblical humour can be fun.

I didn't last ten minutes.

Sadly, this film didn't seem to have watchability.
Prove me wrong.
nibble

Post by nibble »

This was great. Sofia Vergara was fantastic.

Spiral out ....
Irrev-Black

Post by Irrev-Black »

No kidding, we sleep better if we round off the day with an episode of Bluey.

Prove me wrong.
wolty

Post by wolty »

Irrev-Black wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 10:41 pm Monsieur Spade.

It's been a long time since The Maltese Falcon.

1963, France. The Sam Spade character transfers well, the scenery's to die for, and the writing's pretty good.
Really enjoyed this. It telegraphed its moves a little but the story was seriously engaging.
wolty

Post by wolty »

We've just finished True Detective series 4, the one with Jodie Foster. And it very very good. One of the best this year I'm sure.

I'm also watching Masters of the Air. It's no 'Band of Brothers' but it's still very good.
nibble

Post by nibble »

Anyone watch Dune part II. I thought it was epic.
Spiral out ....
Wrenn

Post by Wrenn »

Just finished watching 3 Body Problem on Netflix. The author of the book series said in an interview he doesnt care about characters and prefers to focus on the science and big ideas. The show does the opposite. They do a great job of changing up the characters so they arent two dimensional with plenty of room for growth, but they have dumbed down the science and big ideas too much for my liking. This is probably fine for a general Netflix audience but it doesnt leave me with much hope given that the second and third book go much bigger on the science and crazy ideas.

Still worth a watch if you want some scifi that isnt just action and space lasers. The books might be better but they have some problems as well.

Next shows on the list are The Bear which has been highly recommended and The Last Airbender which has had mixed reviews, though I thought the first episode was great.