Donald Trump

Political issues which help or hinder our society.
stevebrooks

Re: Donald Trump

Post by stevebrooks »

I see Melania is planning an exit path, but really she shouldn't worry to much, if he wins his revenge tour, oops I mean presidency, the first thing he will do is to tell his AG to "indict her, doesn't matter what with, we'll work that out later!"
Sources have suggested that Melania Trump has “quietly” renegotiated her prenuptial agreement with Donald Trump in advance of his potentially serving a second term in the White House.
Yeah if it doesn't include a promise to not indict it's a waste of time, and even then he's known for not keeping his promises!

https://www.news.com.au/world/north-ame ... 1e412da314
stylofone

Post by stylofone »

The allure of fascism is like gangrene. There's also the UK conservatives decaying into the populist right. A return to Trump shouldn't even be possible, but his path to victory is still there.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... t-trump-20
I can feel it
Irrev-Black

Post by Irrev-Black »

Insurrection's an instant disqualification, USA Prez-wise.

And guess what this lawsuit alleges?

https://www.rawstory.com/14th-amendment-2665764410/
Greedy fuckers cannot self-regulate.
Prove me wrong.
stevebrooks

Post by stevebrooks »

Well that's got to hurt, Trumps big push to defund the government and suspend the cases against him (which wouldn't have happened anyway) has been defeated in the house by vote after McCarthy let it go through for a 45 day extensions, votes were, get this, 335 yay, 91nay, so guess how many republicans voted to let it go through? Yes that's right, 124 Republicans voted for the extension! Now we'll see if the nutty fringe will try and kick McCarthy out of his job as they threatened! In fact Gaetz tried to call for a vote to vacate before the hammer fell to dismiss the house but was to slow to get anyone's attention.

stevebrooks

Post by stevebrooks »

Trump gets madder. Yes that's the only way I can say it, it appears Trump is almost visibly deteriorating in front of us, in his latest speech in California he actually said, and I don't make this up, "shoplifters will be shot as they leave the store," no questions, mistakes be damned, armed or not, falsely accused to bad, shot dead immediately by the police! And they cheered him! He says once the police just start shooting shoplifters instead of arresting and/or questioning them, "the world will be an entirely different place."

Recall a long time ago now, well it seems along time ago where Trump suggested raking to forests to prevent forest fires, well apparently he's been speaking to some forest management people in Europe and the correct solution now is to "dampen the forest down" with water from canals he is going to fill from up north somewhere.

Oh dear, here's video where he is proposing the police summarily execute shoplifters....;

Irrev-Black

Post by Irrev-Black »

stevebrooks wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 8:11 pm Trump gets madder. Yes that's the only way I can say it, it appears Trump is almost visibly deteriorating in front of us, in his latest speech in California he actually said, and I don't make this up, "shoplifters will be shot as they leave the store," no questions, mistakes be damned, armed or not, falsely accused to bad, shot dead immediately by the police! And they cheered him! He says once the police just start shooting shoplifters instead of arresting and/or questioning them, "the world will be an entirely different place."

Recall a long time ago now, well it seems along time ago where Trump suggested raking to forests to prevent forest fires, well apparently he's been speaking to some forest management people in Europe and the correct solution now is to "dampen the forest down" with water from canals he is going to fill from up north somewhere.

Oh dear, here's video where he is proposing the police summarily execute shoplifters....;

And fraudulent grifters who steal proportionately heaps more than shoplifters? A howitzer up the arse at point-blank range, perhaps?
Prove me wrong.
stevebrooks

Post by stevebrooks »

Irrev-Black wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 8:38 pmAnd fraudulent grifters who steal proportionately heaps more than shoplifters? A howitzer up the arse at point-blank range, perhaps?
Curiously I didn't see anything there about wage thefts from shops and supermarkets underpaying workers, maybe they should be shot as they leave the workplace as well, the world would indeed be a different place then!
Irrev-Black

Post by Irrev-Black »

Bring it!
Just a few miles south of Trump Tower in New York City, a judge on Monday will hear allegations of fraud within the Trump Organization in a trial that could see Donald Trump and his family business paying hundreds of millions of dollars in damages and that has already threatened to end his business career in the city where it started.

The New York attorney general, Letitia James, has accused Trump of using false and misleading financial statements from 2011 to 2021 to make himself and his businesses wealthier, helping him broker deals and obtain financing. Based on her office’s three-year investigation, James is arguing that Trump owes at least $250m for committing fraud.

During the three-year investigation, James found that Trump had exaggerated the value of 23 of his properties and assets to the tune of hundreds of millions or even billions of dollars. Trump used these financial statements to obtain favorable loans and make his net worth appear higher than it actually was.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... e-new-york
Prove me wrong.
stevebrooks

Post by stevebrooks »

Interestingly, Trump tried to use the New York trial to avoid making a deposition for HIS lawsuit AGAINST Cohn, Arguing that the date set for the deposition conflicted with the date of the New York trial, even though it was his legal team that asked for the date for the deposition, they knew they could use the New York trial to avoid Trump making a deposition that may put him in further legal jeopardy, even though he was the one suing Cohn.
US Magistrate Judge Edwin Torres said that Trump “again requested that the Court reschedule his deposition so that he could attend his previously-scheduled New York trial in person. Plaintiff represented that, now that pretrial rulings have been entered in the case that materially altered the landscape, it was imperative that he attend his New York trial in person—at least for each day of the first week of trial when many strategy judgments had to be made.”

But asked by reporters in Los Angeles Friday night whether he was going to the Monday trial, Trump said, “I may, I may, yeah.”

Trump’s team is looking into arrangements to have him in New York next week, according to two sources – however, as of Friday night, a trip was not yet confirmed.
Although as we see above, while his lawyers argue he will be attending every day and therefore be unavailable for the deposition, Trump himself seems less than committed to the prospect of attending every day, thus it appears this is only a delaying action to get the deposition delayed yet again, it has already been rescheduled a number of times, it's almost as if he doesn't want to be deposed in his own lawsuit, and it has been suggested that once he is no longer able to avoid the deposition he may just withdraw the lawsuit entirely.

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/09/29/poli ... index.html
stevebrooks

Post by stevebrooks »

Well that's it, it's all over, Matt Gaetz has put forward the motion to vacate the speakers position, the McCarthy will be out in at the most 2 days and they will have to vote for a new speaker. But lets be clear, this isn't a win, there is no person in the republican party who has the numbers to win apart from McCarthy, this is the end. The best result for Republicans is that McCarthy gets voted straight back in, removing any future influence power from the MAGA extremists.

The only other person who has the numbers to be elected speaker is Hakeem Jeffries, yes that Democrat leader of the minority. The thing is if enough Republicans are so annoyed they refuse to vote by just stating "present" but not voting, it lowers the requirement to be elected speaker, and if that requirement falls to or below 212 votes then the democratic leader will be elected speaker because the vote only requires the majority of those voting to pass. So if every member of the house votes it requires 218 votes to pass, so if 7 Republican's refuse to vote and just state "present" and every Democrat votes for Hakeem Jeffries, then he will be elected speaker, wouldn't that be a laugh. Do I expect that as a serious outcome? Probably not, if that looks like it may happen they will put McCarthy back in, maybe.

Whatever the outcome, the Republican party have demonstrated themselves so unable to govern it's not funny.