Donald Trump

Political issues which help or hinder our society.
Irrev-Black

Re: Donald Trump

Post by Irrev-Black »

Could it be he's going to have a seizure?
The New York attorney general’s office has asked a judge to void the $175 million bond former President Trump secured to put off paying the larger monetary damage award in his civil fraud case.

State lawyers said in court filings Friday that the former president and his co-defendants — the Trump Organization and its top executives, including his two eldest sons — failed to prove the surety Trump used to obtain the bond actually has the money to back it.

They also say the defendants did not show that “sufficiently secure and ascertainable” collateral backs the bond.

“Based on the foregoing, the People respectfully request that the Court deny Movants’ motion to justify the surety, declare the Bond to be without effect and order that any replacement bond be posted within seven days, along with such other and further relief the Court deems necessary and appropriate,” lawyers with New York Attorney General Letitia James’s (D) office wrote in a 26-page filing.

Trump’s bond was secured by the California-based Knight Specialty Insurance Company.

State lawyers argued Knight is a “small insurer that is not authorized to write business in New York” and, until Trump, had “never before written a surety bond in New York.”

The company has a total policyholder surplus of just $138 million, the filing says. Under New York state law, companies like Knight can’t expose themselves to liabilities — like a bond — or any potential loss greater than 10 percent of their surplus.
https://thehill.com/regulation/court-ba ... ut-effect/
Greedy fuckers cannot self-regulate.
Prove me wrong.
nibble

Post by nibble »

I can't seem to get enough of these MAGA videos :D
Comments are great.

Spiral out ....
two dogs

Post by two dogs »

I almost spat out my mouthful of beer when I saw this posted by George Conway.
IMG_2279.jpeg
IMG_2279.jpeg (182.46 KiB) Viewed 758 times
The standard you walk past is the standard you accept.

David Morrison (1956 -)
Irrev-Black

Post by Irrev-Black »

What to look for in the coming week of Orange Guy Theatre.
NEW YORK — Former President Donald Trump spent the week in the Manhattan Criminal Court. After four days jurors have been selected to decide his fate. It is the first criminal trial of a former president.

Twelve jurors and six alternates were finalized on Friday. Opening arguments are expected to begin on Monday.

Trump faces 34 felony counts alleging that he falsified New York business records in order to conceal damaging information to influence the 2016 presidential election. Trump claims the trial itself is "election interference" because of how it is disrupting his 2024 bid for president.

Speaking to reporters outside the courtroom earlier in the week, Trump lamented that he is unable to make campaign stops in other states because New York law requires him to be present for his criminal trial, which takes place four days a week.

"I'm supposed to be in a lot of different places campaigning. But I've been here all day on a trial that really is a very unfair trial," Trump said Thursday after the court session ended.
https://www.npr.org/2024/04/20/12457553 ... n-complete
Prove me wrong.
stevebrooks

Post by stevebrooks »

Everyone knew, even his lawyers, that Trump would never get total immunity from the Supreme Court, but that was never the point right?

Irrev-Black

Post by Irrev-Black »

Gets the Doonesbury treatment, he does...
doo.jpeg
doo.jpeg (235.3 KiB) Viewed 667 times
Prove me wrong.
stevebrooks

Post by stevebrooks »

Interesting article here;
Since the beginning of the year, Biden has gained ground among some key voters while Trump has lost it.

Among voters under 35 years old, Biden has gained 1 percentage point and Trump has lost 12 since the survey in January. Biden now holds a lead, 34%-25%, although not the overwhelming one he scored in the 2020 election.
Among Hispanic voters, Biden's support has stayed the same, but Trump has lost 11 points. Biden now leads 34%-28%, still short of the 2-1 edge he had in 2020.
Among independents, Biden has gained 5 points, and Trump has lost 4. Now the two are essentially tied, with Trump at 27% and Biden at 26%. Nearly as many, 22%, are undecided, and 23% are supporting third-party candidates.
Among Black voters, Biden has gained 7 points since January while Trump's standing hasn't changed. They now support Biden by 64%-12% − better than before, though still far short of the 87% who voted for him in 2020.
It seems every indication that Trump will continue to lose support despite all the crooked judges and others trying to delay and cancel his various trials and tribulations. He will almost certainly be convicted in his hush money trial, his secret documents case due to continued delays by Cannon ow appears it won't finish until after the election, the plan all along of course because if he gets elected President again he can just cancel everything, or so he thinks!

The tide does seem to be on a definite turn, and we have to keep in mind the number Biden got during the election don't necessarily reflect the polls pre-election, so when they say the polls are short of the actual votes he got, that doesn't mean a lot really. Trump from the above seems to be losing more than Biden is gaining, but theory is RFK Junior is actually pulling more votes from Trump than he is from Biden, so that's good news at least, these people may have refused to vote for Biden and stuck with Trump, but if they vote for RFK that's good for Biden.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol ... 504174007/
stevebrooks

Post by stevebrooks »

It appears public opinion is gradually changing over Trump, his favorable/unfavorable rating is getting worse, and seems to be getting worse faster as time goes by;

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/po ... ald-trump/

Now while the Biden favorable/unfavorable rating is currently worse than Trumps, the difference between the two is that Biden has remained basically static for months on end and looks to remain that way, but the way it is going Trump will soon catch up and pass Biden in being less favorable and more unfavorable.

Conflicting reports on polls keep appearing, with right wing sources stating repeatedly that the latest polls show Trump beating Biden by a huge margin and will easily win the November election, whereas non-right wing sources are stilling calling it a head to head match with no clear winner, I wonder which one is biased?
Loki

Post by Loki »

Nicki Haley is still taking 20% of the vote in Rethuglican primaries.

And she pulled out 8 weeks ago.

I suspect that says more than a lot of these polls.
stevebrooks

Post by stevebrooks »

Loki wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 7:19 pm Nicki Haley is still taking 20% of the vote in Rethuglican primaries.

And she pulled out 8 weeks ago.

I suspect that says more than a lot of these polls.
Yeah that's mentioned quite often in blogs and etc, that there is a certain percentage of Republicans who simply won't vote for Trump. Now they may not all vote for Biden, in fact none of them may vote for Biden, but that's a 20% deficit in voters right there for Trump, and many seats are won and lost by a lot less than that margin.