Donald Trump

Political issues which help or hinder our society.
stylofone

Re: Donald Trump

Post by stylofone »

With the primary circus reaching the point of no return, I imagine a scenario where people are going to accept the nasty truth. They're getting Biden vs Trump again, and they didn't want either. But there's no point hoping either of them will go away, so they might as well take it for what it is, and that means enough of them will vote against Trump like they did in 2020. I hope.

Another scenario is that Trump's takeover of the RNC will fuck up his own party in the same way he aims to fuck up the USA and the world. He'll purge the smart political operatives, and the entire campaign will be one dumpster fire after another, the grifters will be sucking money out of the campaign and fundraising will dry up, the Trump jet will - figuratively - crash in flames well before November. We've had enough drama, action and horror, I really hope we can get some comedy for once.

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/03/1 ... e-00146368
Donald Trump’s newly installed leadership team at the Republican National Committee on Monday began the process of pushing out dozens of officials, according to two people close to the Trump campaign and the RNC.

All told, the expectation is that more than 60 RNC staffers who work across the political, communications and data departments will be let go. Those being asked to resign include five members of the senior staff, though the names were not made public. Additionally, some vendor contracts are expected to be cut.
I can feel it
stevebrooks

Post by stevebrooks »

stylofone wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 1:16 pm With the primary circus reaching the point of no return, I imagine a scenario where people are going to accept the nasty truth. They're getting Biden vs Trump again, and they didn't want either. But there's no point hoping either of them will go away, so they might as well take it for what it is, and that means enough of them will vote against Trump like they did in 2020. I hope.

Another scenario is that Trump's takeover of the RNC will fuck up his own party in the same way he aims to fuck up the USA and the world. He'll purge the smart political operatives, and the entire campaign will be one dumpster fire after another, the grifters will be sucking money out of the campaign and fundraising will dry up, the Trump jet will - figuratively - crash in flames well before November. We've had enough drama, action and horror, I really hope we can get some comedy for once.

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/03/1 ... e-00146368
Donald Trump’s newly installed leadership team at the Republican National Committee on Monday began the process of pushing out dozens of officials, according to two people close to the Trump campaign and the RNC.

All told, the expectation is that more than 60 RNC staffers who work across the political, communications and data departments will be let go. Those being asked to resign include five members of the senior staff, though the names were not made public. Additionally, some vendor contracts are expected to be cut.
Theory is he's doing it to bring his own people in, but that's bullshit, you don't gut your primary campaign group at a time before the election that is measured in months, not years, 8 months is how far away we are. Contrast that to the Biden campaign that is ramping up employment and adding up to 350 new staffers in the lead up to the election. Although we must look at reality, the Republican's are having trouble raising funds, the democrats raised 10 million in an hour following the SOTU.

No, I'll tell you what this is about, it's money, and now it's Trump's money because he has control and he wants to maximise the amount he can extract from the RNC to help pay his legal bills, and what's the easiest way to cut costs short term, which is where Trump needs the cash? Why you fire a lot of people, that's what this is all about, money for Trump!
pipbarber

Post by pipbarber »

I suppose in Trump's mind he can't lose, even if he loses, because that would just mean the election was stolen. The chaos that follows would serve as a defence against his arrest, or so he may be calculating. Maybe a part of him wants to lose? It might enhance his cult status. Scotus would support him. He could go to moscow as america's true government in exile. Who knows?

I'd be happily surprised if this election didn't produce widespread violence, i feel that the US in November would be one of the more dangerous places to be. He obviously still has a realistic chance of winning, thanks to the electoral college anachronism, but i'm beginning to entertain the possibility that over the next 8 months he'll completely unravel and lose massively.

It's amusing to me that given what a terrible choice Biden is, DeSantis might have had a better chance of winning a general election, and be even more ideologically toxic than Trump.
'The ultimate, hidden truth of the world is that it is something that we make, and could just as easily make differently.' David Graeber
stevebrooks

Post by stevebrooks »

Alexander Smirnov, the Russian whistleblower who lied to the FBI about Biden and who is now under arrest, was paid $600,000 just before he started informing the FBI, by a company called ETT Texas which can be traced through companies in London and to associates of...wait for it, Donald Trump! They didn't use quite enough obfuscation there I guess, but then again it is Donald Trump, probably thought he was being smart!

Irrev-Black

Post by Irrev-Black »

Leaving this here.
x.jpg
x.jpg (32.18 KiB) Viewed 746 times
Greedy fuckers cannot self-regulate.
Prove me wrong.
stylofone

Post by stylofone »

Bloodbath? Migrants are "not people", they're "animals". This follows "vermin" and "poisoning the blood of our country." He's getting worse.

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/03/16/us/p ... -ohio.html
I can feel it
stevebrooks

Post by stevebrooks »

stylofone wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:06 pm Bloodbath? Migrants are "not people", they're "animals". This follows "vermin" and "poisoning the blood of our country." He's getting worse.

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/03/16/us/p ... -ohio.html
Came here to post this myself. What he doesn't mention is the bloodbath that will follow if he does get elected. He's already said he will deploy the army, round up homeless and immigrants and put them in big, beautiful camps (without the concentration bit of course) in the desert. What happens when he has rounded up thousands or tens of thousands and stuck them in a camp and they decide they don't want to be there? The army only has one way of dealing with attack, and that's to shoot! They don't carry tasers. What happens if the homeless people don't want get on the concentration trains? His sort of talk only leads to one inevitable conclusion, a lot of people dying, so whether he gets elected or not, according to him there's going to be a bloodbath.

Now reality, a lot of the capital rioters actually flew to Washington DC via commercial airline, and then flew home the same way, but if there's an uprising of MAGA I don't think commercial airlines are going to be flying, they will be grounded, small groups of violent MAGA protestors will be isolated in home states unless the actual state government supplies transport, can't see that happening. As for private travel and transport by private bus, while there's supposed freedom of movement between states that doesn't mean freedom for armed and dangerous groups to travel between states so major highways can be blocked for vehicle checks, any violence if Trump is defeated will be isolated and will only be a danger if the States themselves join in.

It's better if he doesn't get elected, any bloodbath then will eventually be put down and the country can continue, but I have trouble seeing it continue if he does get elected, oh it will still have the same name, but it won't be the same place.
stevebrooks

Post by stevebrooks »

Wasn't sure where this should go, since it involves Trump and Musk, but the deal never happened so Musk is out of the picture. Apparently Donald Trump was in talks with Elon Musk in an effort to get him to buy Truth Social, you know that huge, successful and valuable social media network that he's been desperately trying for the last few years to turn into buckets of cold hard cash, oh dear!

pipbarber

Post by pipbarber »

I've been worried that Biden will fuck up so much during the long campaign that people just won't bother voting for him but right at this moment it is Trump's chaotic brain that seems to be disintegrating the more spectacularly. But who the fuck knows how all this is broadcast in a typical little town in Michigan or Nevada. Polling is clearly not a good guide in the US and it seems unbelievable to me that Trump could win but i just can't shake this lingering fear. It's almost as if there's something fateful about Trump 2.0, which is entirely irrational on my part, i know. It's like the entire US project was predetermined to end with someone like Trump, like some cliched cinematic inevitability. They've been marching toward the precipice for generations and now they've reached the brink they may as well take the plunge.

I know that doesn't make any sense, history is not determined and the maga crowd is not the majority, even in swing states, so the greater likelihood is a Biden win. But i won't be able to shake the fear until November and i can only imagine how stressful it is for Americans who broadly share my political outlook. How stressful it must be and with 8 months still to go...farrk...how do people cope?
'The ultimate, hidden truth of the world is that it is something that we make, and could just as easily make differently.' David Graeber
stevebrooks

Post by stevebrooks »

Huh, democrat are 0.2% up in the latest polling, the first time since the beginning of January, Republicans have dropped nearly an entire percentage point in the last few days while the Dems have been slowly creeping up. Whether this is a continuing trend we will have to wait and see, but it's maybe not a coincidence it started to go this way since the SOTU and some serious campaigning by Biden and the Democrats. Stand by for whine master 2020 to come online about it!