What is Elon Musk up to now..

Post here with any news report you want to discuss.
Irrev-Black

Re: What is Elon Musk up to now..

Post by Irrev-Black »

Building landlords, lawyers, ex-employees... all not getting paid.

Who is Skum paying though?

Nazis.
Nick Martin
@nickmartin@masto.ai

Angelo John Gage, a neo-Nazi who recently started using the name "Lucas Gage" and whose Twitter feed is a constant stream of antisemitism and racism, says he received his first payment through the platform's revenue sharing system.

It's was $165.52 — not much, obviously. But it's also not nothing.

Elon Musk has not only welcomed Nazis. He's now directly paying them too.

Screenshot of a tweet posted one day ago by a user whose display name is "Lucas Gage" and handle is "Lucas_Gage_." His profile picture is a black and white photo of a bald white man in a black T-shirt, standing in front of a wall with his arms folded. The tweet reads: "Finally got paid for dropping red pills and triggering people." It includes a screenshot of an email from Twitter, with it's new X logo at the top. The email reads: "Hey @Lucas_Gage_, $165.52 has been deposited into your account from X Ads Revenue Sharing. Thank you for creating on X. X Monetization" Statistics at the bottom of the tweet show it has 36 replies, 32 reposts, 651 likes, and has been viewed 17,000 times.
Greedy fuckers cannot self-regulate.
Prove me wrong.
Irrev-Black

Post by Irrev-Black »

It's all Free Speech until someone called Elon loses his rag:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/elon-musk ... itter-spat
Prove me wrong.
pipbarber

Post by pipbarber »

Not that i really know, but it feels as though the freedom crowd are just as likely to use the block feature as their opponents. It's all very well for Musk, if he doesn't like someone he deletes their account.

Anyway, Elongated is a bit like Trump, or so it seems, any publicity is good publicity.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/ ... ures-links
In a post on the site, renamed X, Musk said: “The sad truth is that there are no great ‘social networks’ right now.”

He added: “We may fail, as so many have predicted, but we will try our best to make there be at least one.”
He's the last one, back to the wall, battling to create the only good social network, don't you know. He really is a superhero of our time.
'The ultimate, hidden truth of the world is that it is something that we make, and could just as easily make differently.' David Graeber
Irrev-Black

Post by Irrev-Black »

Trust issues?
X, the social media platform formerly known as Twitter, will now require X Blue users to submit a selfie alongside a photo of a government-issued ID, according to a report by PC Magazine.

The user’s personal information required by the verification process will be handled by Israeli company AU10TIX software which will store the information for up to 30 days.
Many X users were unhappy with the choice of the company to store user data, pointing out its employees’ links to Israeli intelligence. Others expressed their discomfort with giving a company their data when so many data breaches have been reported in the past.
https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2023/8/2 ... re-company

He could have the whole mess gone by Xmas.
Prove me wrong.
pipbarber

Post by pipbarber »

Irrev-Black wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 8:06 am

One could spin a narrative out of that. The SJWs ruined free speech? Government meddling? Chinese hackers backed by the communist party? An evil cartel of transpeople out to destroy the world? All of the above?

At this point, if you still think Musk is some kind of genius, you'll probably believe the 'all of the above' option is true and real.

It wouldn't surprise me if he just got bored with the whole thing and shut it down.
'The ultimate, hidden truth of the world is that it is something that we make, and could just as easily make differently.' David Graeber
joele
Site Admin

Post by joele »

Irrev-Black wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 8:06 am Trust issues?

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2023/8/2 ... re-company

That would be a breach of GDPR to my understanding, though he already has a lot of issues incoming with European privacy laws.
"Now this is the command: Do to the doer to make him do." - The Eloquent Peasant (2040–1650 BCE)

“Religion the protector of the well fed and consoler of the hungry.” - Mikhail Bakunin
Roentare

Post by Roentare »

This is funny
Attachments
elon.jpg
elon.jpg (224.43 KiB) Viewed 9921 times
Life isn't perfect,
people aren't perfect,
but there are
moments that are.

Roentare Photo Portfolio
pipbarber

Post by pipbarber »

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2023 ... hadow-rule

Long New Yorker article by Ronan Farrow here. I got about half way through, Musk seems to have inserted himself into the running of the US government as a type of unelected official and, according to the article, appears to be on good personal terms with Putin.

He's pox on society, that's what comes through in the first half of the piece, i'm sure the second half is much of the same.
Irrev-Black

Post by Irrev-Black »

There's a MuskBrat,
There's a Twitter:
Which will be first
To fall
Boots and all
Completely
Down the shitter?

https://www.techdirt.com/2023/08/22/tod ... -for-news/
Prove me wrong.
Irrev-Black

Post by Irrev-Black »

pipbarber wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 7:47 am https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2023 ... hadow-rule

Long New Yorker article by Ronan Farrow here. I got about half way through, Musk seems to have inserted himself into the running of the US government as a type of unelected official and, according to the article, appears to be on good personal terms with Putin.

He's pox on society, that's what comes through in the first half of the piece, i'm sure the second half is much of the same.
That Farrow article is referenced in an NY Post piece:
Elon Musk’s allegedly “escalated” use of the drug ketamine could explain his penchant for erratic decision-making at X and his other companies, according to a New Yorker exposé about the billionaire.

The Tesla CEO was scrutinized in a lengthy, year-long report by journalist Ronan Farrow, who cited “associates” who have reportedly “connected his erratic behavior to efforts to self-medicate.”

“Associates suggested that Musk’s use has escalated in recent years, and that the drug, alongside his isolation and his increasingly embattled relationship with the press, might contribute to his tendency to make chaotic and impulsive statements and decisions,” Farrow wrote in the article.
https://nypost.com/2023/08/22/elon-musk ... -suggests/
Prove me wrong.