They Said WHAT - Found Quotes

For anything that doesn't fit anywhere above.
Irrev-Black

Re: They Said WHAT - Found Quotes

Post by Irrev-Black »

This quote wins the bag of Minties for today.
Joshua Holland
@JoshuaHolland@mastodon.social

On another site, some chud demanded that someone "define a woman" and she replied, "it's a person who covers their drink when they see you in a bar."

Just the perfect response.
Greedy fuckers cannot self-regulate.
Prove me wrong.
Irrev-Black

Post by Irrev-Black »

This!
Joan Westenberg @Daojoan@mastodon.social

We can't keep transferring attention and wealth to billionaires while blindly hoping they will selectively choose to focus their attention and resources on the world’s actual problems. It's like giving a room full of 5-year-olds a tub of ice cream and an iPad and hoping they retile the kitchen.
Prove me wrong.
Irrev-Black

Post by Irrev-Black »

And Godwin's Second Law makes its debut.
godwin.jpg
godwin.jpg (52.55 KiB) Viewed 1464 times
Prove me wrong.
Irrev-Black

Post by Irrev-Black »

This, also:
27m
Galletasalada
Porquerias | 1312 🏴🌵G@K @Galletasalada

Remember: you have a lot more in common with homeless refugees than you do with the people telling you to hate them.
Prove me wrong.
Irrev-Black

Post by Irrev-Black »

Today's Happy Fun Contradiction:
Attachments
da2d5598a7e02005.jpg
da2d5598a7e02005.jpg (46.6 KiB) Viewed 1434 times
Prove me wrong.
Irrev-Black

Post by Irrev-Black »

Yeah, Soylent Hypothetical is people!
ErictheCerise
Eric the Cerise
@ErictheCerise@kolektiva.social

The Problem with Trolley Car Problems

I started out saying this as a joke, but gradually, over time, I've come to realize it's actually accurate.

The true solution to almost all "trolley car" problems is to find who keeps tying people to the tracks.

In trolley car problems, the people tied to the tracks always represent some disadvantaged sector of society — poor people, homeless people, no healthcare, minorites, etc — or even just (pardon the expression) "regular" lower class people.

And the "problem" is always "do you let those people be run over in order to save a billionaire, or a corporation, or the banking industry, or some sector of the economy, etc.

And again ... why are those people tied to the tracks in the first place? What is wrong with our economy/society/legal system, that we have those people stuck in those disadvantaged positions?

So the next time you see a trolley car problem — even the comedy/shitpost/joke problems — ask yourself, "who are those people tied to the track, and how did they get there in the first place?
Jan 10, 2024, 06:08
https://kolektiva.social/@ErictheCerise ... 9277058425
Prove me wrong.
stylofone

Post by stylofone »

Irrev-Black wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 7:40 am Yeah, Soylent Hypothetical is people!
ErictheCerise
Eric the Cerise
@ErictheCerise@kolektiva.social

The Problem with Trolley Car Problems

I started out saying this as a joke, but gradually, over time, I've come to realize it's actually accurate.

The true solution to almost all "trolley car" problems is to find who keeps tying people to the tracks.

In trolley car problems, the people tied to the tracks always represent some disadvantaged sector of society — poor people, homeless people, no healthcare, minorites, etc — or even just (pardon the expression) "regular" lower class people.

And the "problem" is always "do you let those people be run over in order to save a billionaire, or a corporation, or the banking industry, or some sector of the economy, etc.

And again ... why are those people tied to the tracks in the first place? What is wrong with our economy/society/legal system, that we have those people stuck in those disadvantaged positions?

So the next time you see a trolley car problem — even the comedy/shitpost/joke problems — ask yourself, "who are those people tied to the track, and how did they get there in the first place?
Jan 10, 2024, 06:08
https://kolektiva.social/@ErictheCerise ... 9277058425
If you put meme-y little labels on the picture you could have recursive fun - perhaps the one person tied to the tracks is "clown using trolley car problem to promote false binary fallacy", and the multiple people "victims of bad decisions arising from believing false binaries."

It's probably already been done.
I can feel it
Irrev-Black

Post by Irrev-Black »

I am considering myself told.
53m
KawaTora
Kawa Tora @KawaTora

Just a reminder that your fucking car is connected to all of the evils of climate change and war and genocide in the world right now.

Ukraine, Palestine, and record high and low temperatures in the same week, are all to keep your fucking car moving.

The asphalt you see outside instead of trees and grass, that's also a product of crude oil and car dependence.

If you think Ukraine and Palestine aren't connected to oil, you need to wake the fuck up.

Stop driving. Stop using oil and asphalt. Destroy the asphalt parking lots and roads if you can.

We are killing this planet and each other out of laziness and complacency.

When you see people blocking a road in protest, this is why. Your car and the road are at the center of the problem in many cases.

https://kolektiva.social/@KawaTora/111730196077230485
Prove me wrong.
stylofone

Post by stylofone »

Irrev-Black wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 6:11 pm I am considering myself told.
53m
KawaTora
Kawa Tora @KawaTora

Just a reminder that your fucking car is connected to all of the evils of climate change and war and genocide in the world right now.

Ukraine, Palestine, and record high and low temperatures in the same week, are all to keep your fucking car moving.

The asphalt you see outside instead of trees and grass, that's also a product of crude oil and car dependence.

If you think Ukraine and Palestine aren't connected to oil, you need to wake the fuck up.

Stop driving. Stop using oil and asphalt. Destroy the asphalt parking lots and roads if you can.

We are killing this planet and each other out of laziness and complacency.

When you see people blocking a road in protest, this is why. Your car and the road are at the center of the problem in many cases.

https://kolektiva.social/@KawaTora/111730196077230485
I feel the same way about air conditioning, tumble driers, Mark Zuckerberg's hobby farm in Hawaii, take away coffee, Coco Pops, Benson and Hedges...
I can feel it
Irrev-Black

Post by Irrev-Black »

A matter of perspective.
From: Komm, süsser Tod Howard @lonestartallboi.bsky.social ·

"20 years ago we were suing teenagers for millions of dollars because they were torrenting a single Metallica album and now billionaires are demanding the free right to every work in history, so that they can re-sell it. The law only ever serves capital."

in response to article in The Guardian: " ‘Impossible’ to create AI tools like ChatGPT without copyrighted material, OpenAI says"
Prove me wrong.