One-Post Politics

Political issues which help or hinder our society.
pipbarber

Re: One-Post Politics

Post by pipbarber »

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-n ... nouncement

Bye Dan. A long way from the worst of Victoria's premiers and i reckon he was fantastic during lockdown. At times it felt like he was the only adult in the room. I also quite respected his defiance in the face of the 'Dictator Dan' meme that the freedom crowd loved to spread. But he maintained native forest logging and was cosy with the corporate class, but judged against his peers and his time and place, we might have had much worse. In my opinion.
'The ultimate, hidden truth of the world is that it is something that we make, and could just as easily make differently.' David Graeber
Irrev-Black

Post by Irrev-Black »

Oh, it goes all the way to the bone, the rot does!
☮️💧 Sleeping Giants Oz 📣
@slpng_giants_oz
·
2m
Alan Jones and the leadership of Channel 9 (the owner of 2GB) have been completely compromised in terms of political bias exposed in just one text.

The terms of Jones & Channel 9's relationship with the Liberal Party should be fully investigated by @acmadotgov
!!
a (1).jpeg
a (1).jpeg (100.45 KiB) Viewed 1238 times
#Auspol
Greedy fuckers cannot self-regulate.
Prove me wrong.
stylofone

Post by stylofone »

I can't remember if it's already been posted here before, but the compendium of the greedy bosses' recurrent mindless gripe is quite entertaining: "The Long History of Nobody Wants to Work Anymore". I present it here as part of today's third anniversary celebration of me leaving the workforce. I wish I'd done it sooner.

https://mstdn.ca/@paulisci/110798058470040619
I can feel it
stevebrooks

Post by stevebrooks »

We should also remember that...nobody wants to work anymore....isn't a new phenomena. In fact it's a good bet that most of those people complaining about people not wanting to work anymore come from a generation that was accused of not wanting to work anymore!

pipbarber

Post by pipbarber »

stevebrooks wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 3:26 pm We should also remember that...nobody wants to work anymore....isn't a new phenomena. In fact it's a good bet that most of those people complaining about people not wanting to work anymore come from a generation that was accused of not wanting to work anymore!

That's grand! Good find Steve!

Also, kids these days...they probably don't want to work anymore.

Reminds me of that boomer on QandA recently that claimed that people couldn't afford to buy a house, these days, because they spend their money on netflix. Although there is a grain of truth in that, people could save a $200,000 deposit on an average home if they gave up netflix for...oh right, just a tick over a thousand years. Still, can't deny the boomer logic.
'The ultimate, hidden truth of the world is that it is something that we make, and could just as easily make differently.' David Graeber
stevebrooks

Post by stevebrooks »

pipbarber wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 6:22 pmThat's grand! Good find Steve!
I think if I really tried I could find some all the way back to ancient Greece or on papyrus from Egypt, it's the old, "good old days" trope wrapped up in weasel words, "why when I was young we worked sun up to sun down without a break, with the boss whipping us every hour on the hour, and that were when I was ten....kids these days just don't want to work!"

Kids shouldn't be working in fact, but they did when he was a youngun!
stylofone

Post by stylofone »

A couple of gems from the 1930s:
w1.jpg
w1.jpg (121.22 KiB) Viewed 1208 times
w2.jpg
w2.jpg (93.55 KiB) Viewed 1208 times
I can feel it
Irrev-Black

Post by Irrev-Black »

Homophobic Florida given pre-Halloween scare.
a (1).jpeg
a (1).jpeg (99.45 KiB) Viewed 1193 times
Greedy fuckers cannot self-regulate.
Prove me wrong.
stevebrooks

Post by stevebrooks »

Oh look, the epitome of a "no true sctosman" fallacy!

Republican had numerous complaints about sexual harassment during college, was defended by Betsy DeVoss and the Trump admin, dismembered girlfriend and dumped body on beach, and the response? "oh of course he was a lefty all along";
“He was never a conservative from the get-go,” she said. “The guy just reeked of liberal bullshit.”

Shannon said she turned down his sexual advances on multiple occasions and that their already poor relationship soured to the point that they tried to kick each other off the local Republican committee. In the end, she resigned.
https://sfstandard.com/2023/09/29/san-f ... ered-body/
stevebrooks

Post by stevebrooks »

So Mike Lindell, who is facing a 1.3b lawsuit from Dominion, has not been paying his lawyers, and has informed them he probably will never pay them what he owes them, smart move that man!
“On October 2, 2023, [the law firm] was informed by Defendants that they are not able to get caught up with or make any payment on the large amount they owe in arrears nor pay for anywhere near the estimated expense of continuing to defend against the lawsuits going forward, including either the legal fees or litigation costs,” the filing stated.
They, of course, have decided to stop working for him, since people don't like to work for free. Hmm, maybe Lindell should ask his multi-billionaire friend Trump for financial assistance, oh hang on, he doesn't pay his lawyers either does he!

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/10/05/medi ... index.html