Donald Trump

Political issues which help or hinder our society.
stylofone

Re: Donald Trump

Post by stylofone »

Loki wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 9:38 am Trump adjacent:

Rudy Giuliani has been ordered to pay about $148 million in damages to Ruby FREEMAN and Shaye MOSS.
Screenshot 2023-12-16 at 14-56-50 Aus.Social.png
Screenshot 2023-12-16 at 14-56-50 Aus.Social.png (213.04 KiB) Viewed 1141 times
I can feel it
stevebrooks

Post by stevebrooks »

Oh dear, just when you think it can't get worse you remember, this is Trump, of course it can get fucking worse!
A binder of highly classified intelligence about Russia's interference in the 2016 presidential election, last seen with former President Donald Trump, has gone missing, and no one seems to know where it is — coinciding with a moment when the former president is being prosecuted for retaining national defense information at his Mar-a-Lago country club.
stevebrooks

Post by stevebrooks »

stevebrooks wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 4:19 pm Oh dear, just when you think it can't get worse you remember, this is Trump, of course it can get fucking worse!
A binder of highly classified intelligence about Russia's interference in the 2016 presidential election, last seen with former President Donald Trump, has gone missing, and no one seems to know where it is — coinciding with a moment when the former president is being prosecuted for retaining national defense information at his Mar-a-Lago country club.
Apparently it's, like, 2,000 pages of secret materials according to this video!

nibble

Post by nibble »

Why aren't all these documents in electronic format and read from security locked down devices. I appreciate the challenges, but it could be made secure.

On top of that, print them out once and store them in an underground vault for safe keeping.
Spiral out ....
stevebrooks

Post by stevebrooks »

nibble wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 9:15 am Why aren't all these documents in electronic format and read from security locked down devices. I appreciate the challenges, but it could be made secure.

On top of that, print them out once and store them in an underground vault for safe keeping.
They did, they had a secure CIA facility, they then put a safe in the secure CIA facility to lock them in, that last time they were seen Mark Meadows was walking around the WH with them in his hand. There's no point in having secure storage if you give the keys to the secure storage to idiots, which is exactly what they did with Trump et al!
Irrev-Black

Post by Irrev-Black »

Clowny bats on about "immigrants poisoning the blood of the country", in a very goose-stepping-dud-with-moustache kind of way.

Meanwhile, a quick origins check...
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (140.59 KiB) Viewed 1075 times
Greedy fuckers cannot self-regulate.
Prove me wrong.
stevebrooks

Post by stevebrooks »

Gets worse does this secret document problem!
This one contains information about Russia's interference in the 2016 presidential election, and it was last seen quite literally in the hands of Donald Trump. So this document that also contains other national security information about Russia, that the disappearance of it has now made our European allies very nervous, but again, it has not been seen for years and was last seen in the hands of Donald J. Trump a few days before he left the White House.
He's the only possible person who could have even got the document to the WH, let alone see it!
First and foremost, this document was so highly classified that even people with top secret security clearance, like the top of the top members of Congress, they were only allowed to view it at the headquarters in Langley. So this was not a document that was just handed out Willy-nilly. So first of all, you gotta have somebody who somehow is above all of that, that can actually request that the document leave the facility at Langley.
So Trump is the single person that could have ordered its removal from Langley Headquarters where it was kept in a safe in a secure room and be transported to the WH. I mean this is literally treason in action, so secure no-one could see it outside Langely Headquarters, except Trump, yet it vanished and the last person seen with it was actual Trump, not Meadows as I said earlier.

So this is a new missing document, so a different case, a whole new set of charges? On the lighter side;
Now the document is missing. Donald Trump, of course, has taken classified documents in the past. So was this not one of the ones at Mar-a-Lago? Do we need to go dig up Ivanka and see if this document is buried with her? Like, I'm not even kidding. There is a possibility he put this in her coffin. So I don't know if y'all wanna find it. I'd say get some shovels and head up to Bedminster, because that's probably your best bet of getting that document back.
Irrev-Black

Post by Irrev-Black »

Loki wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 9:38 am Trump adjacent:

Rudy Giuliani has been ordered to pay about $148 million in damages to Ruby FREEMAN and Shaye MOSS.
And the hits keep on coming.
Days after being awarded $148 million in damages against Rudy Giuliani in a defamation suit, two former Georgia election workers have filed a new lawsuit against the former Trump lawyer over remarks he made about them immediately after Friday's verdict.

The new suit by Ruby Freeman and Wandrea “Shaye” Moss seeks a court order permanently barring Giuliani "from persisting in his defamatory campaign" against the mother and daughter, arguing that he's continued to falsely accuse them of committing election fraud even after a federal jury handed down last week's verdict in Washington, D.C.

The lawsuit notes that Giuliani told reporters after the trial that his long-debunked allegations "were supportable and are supportable today." He also told Newsmax that "he was in possession of video evidence demonstrating the truth of his allegations."

In Monday's filing, attorneys for Freeman and Moss said they'd asked for Giuliani to stop smearing their clients, and said he would not.
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald ... rcna130329
Prove me wrong.
Irrev-Black

Post by Irrev-Black »

I'm not astride enough of US politics to know how much this portends, but still...

From Robert Reich:
As I have argued on this page, Trump shouldn’t be allowed on any ballot because Section 3 of the 14th Amendment prohibits anyone who has held public office and taken an oath to protect the Constitution from holding office again if they “have engaged in insurrection” against the United States.

This key provision was enacted after the Civil War to prevent those who rose up against our democracy from ever being allowed to hold office again.

This applies to Donald Trump. He cannot again be entrusted with public office. He led an insurrection.

Today, the Colorado Supreme Court agreed, ordering the Colorado secretary of state to exclude Trump from the state’s Republican primary ballot.

Here is what the Colorado Supreme Court said:
“A majority of the court holds that President Trump is disqualified from holding the office of president under Section Three of the Fourteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution. Because he is disqualified, it would be a wrongful act under the Election Code for the Colorado Secretary of State to list him as a candidate on the presidential primary ballot. …

We do not reach these conclusions lightly. We are mindful of the magnitude and weight of the questions now before us. We are likewise mindful of our solemn duty to apply the law, without fear or favor, and without being swayed by public reaction to the decisions that the law mandates we reach.”

https://robertreich.substack.com/p/trum ... n-colorado
Prove me wrong.
stevebrooks

Post by stevebrooks »

Irrev-Black wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 11:32 am I'm not astride enough of US politics to know how much this portends, but still...

From Robert Reich:
As I have argued on this page, Trump shouldn’t be allowed on any ballot because Section 3 of the 14th Amendment prohibits anyone who has held public office and taken an oath to protect the Constitution from holding office again if they “have engaged in insurrection” against the United States.

This key provision was enacted after the Civil War to prevent those who rose up against our democracy from ever being allowed to hold office again.

This applies to Donald Trump. He cannot again be entrusted with public office. He led an insurrection.

Today, the Colorado Supreme Court agreed, ordering the Colorado secretary of state to exclude Trump from the state’s Republican primary ballot.

Here is what the Colorado Supreme Court said:
“A majority of the court holds that President Trump is disqualified from holding the office of president under Section Three of the Fourteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution. Because he is disqualified, it would be a wrongful act under the Election Code for the Colorado Secretary of State to list him as a candidate on the presidential primary ballot. …

We do not reach these conclusions lightly. We are mindful of the magnitude and weight of the questions now before us. We are likewise mindful of our solemn duty to apply the law, without fear or favor, and without being swayed by public reaction to the decisions that the law mandates we reach.”

https://robertreich.substack.com/p/trum ... n-colorado
Hopefully Justice Thomas won't matter, this is a state case, and if Trump isn't on the state ballot they can't appoint electors for him so he won't get the votes from that state. If other states follow on with this precedent while the GOP can still have him as the candidate, they can't get electoral college votes from those states for him. It's up to states to decide how elections are run in each state and the US Supreme Court can't intervene in that process.

Although with the latest revelations Justice Thomas may not be there all that long anyway, the stench of bribery is becoming so strong that even Republicans are starting to recoil. With the latest letter is is clear that Republicans tried to increase his salary to get him out of bankruptcy and failing that decided to compensate him "in other way".