USA Far Right Watch

Political issues which help or hinder our society.
Irrev-Black

Re: USA Far Right Watch

Post by Irrev-Black »

joele wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:34 pm
stevebrooks wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:06 pm Absolutely determined to return to the middle ages:
I love how they said re lunch breaks that they would actually stay as "the free market will ensure workers are treated fairly".

cool story.. invisible hand strikes again. :roll:
Yeah, you can up sticks and rent somewhere else, at whim, right?

And you can withdraw your labour *just like that*.

Market's not free, and rentseekers do not really like open competition.
Greedy fuckers cannot self-regulate.
Prove me wrong.
Irrev-Black

Post by Irrev-Black »

Irrev-Black wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:18 pm Market's not free, and rentseekers do not really like open competition.
Enter Mr Doctorow, with some ideas.

https://pluralistic.net/2024/04/19/make ... ind-killer
Prove me wrong.
stevebrooks

Post by stevebrooks »

Arizona Republican running on election fraud drops out of race because he cheated on his election nomination signatures!

stevebrooks

Post by stevebrooks »

Well the US House just passed a funding package for Ukraine, now let's see what maga moron MTG does!
Irrev-Black

Post by Irrev-Black »

stevebrooks wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 4:12 pm Well the US House just passed a funding package for Ukraine, now let's see what maga moron MTG does!
What her handlers want?

Prove me wrong.
Irrev-Black

Post by Irrev-Black »

Irrev-Black wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 4:30 pm
stevebrooks wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 4:12 pm Well the US House just passed a funding package for Ukraine, now let's see what maga moron MTG does!
What her handlers want?

More regarding that:
When GOP leaders tried pushing more Ukraine aid through the House, Moscow's loudest MAGA mouthpiece, Marjorie Taylor Greene, tossed an extremely suspect word salad demanding Kyiv roll over for Putin's oppressive ethnic policies before getting a cent.

As Politico reported, MTG's noxious amendment said: "No funding shall be made available to Ukraine unless restrictions on ethnic minorities', including Hungarians in Transcarpathia, right to use their native languages in schools are lifted."

From 2 Paragraphs:

'
Transcarpathian' is an English term describing Zakarpattia Oblast, a region in western Ukraine that borders Hungary. Hungarians living in Ukraine (12.1% of the the Transcarpathian population is Hungarian) have criticized Ukraine's 2017 education law which makes Ukrainian the required language of study in state schools.

That ultra-specific "Transcarpathia" reference raised red flags for political pundit "Jay in Kyiv", who blasted it as "such a nuanced Russian disinfo narrative that it could have only come directly from her Russian handlers."
Tom Nichols, staff writer for The Atlantic and a political scientist, replied to Jay in Kyiv by tweeting: "I've been pretty hard over on dissuading people from thinking that dumb and odious people like MTG are knowing Russian assets, and that they're mostly performance artists. But yes, someone on her staff (or some other Republican staff) had to cough up 'Transcarpathian.'"

It would be wrong to outright accuse Georgia's rottenest peach of being a traitorous Russophile parrot squawking Putin's lies. But as the saying goes, where there's smoke, there's probably a dumpster fire of anti-democratic Trump toadies working to undermine American values and sabotage its Ukrainian allies.
https://boingboing.net/2024/04/19/kreml ... ybook.html
Prove me wrong.
stylofone

Post by stylofone »

MTG is too evil, even for Murdoch's evil factory. Fox News with a headline "MTG is an Idiot". NY Post putting the boot in. It's galling because she is their monster, but I suppose it's an improvement.

Screenshot 2024-04-23 at 08-08-59 new-york-post-070017492.jpg
Screenshot 2024-04-23 at 08-08-59 new-york-post-070017492.jpg (164.89 KiB) Viewed 727 times
https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/marjori ... -wreck-gop
I can feel it
stevebrooks

Post by stevebrooks »

Well I am guessing she won't have that job for long!
Lorenzo argued that the video posed a threat to her life because she was employed by the state, reportedly for Utah Attorney-General Sean Reyes. She later told police she had only touched the teen’s skirt.
The actual fuck!
According to police, Lorenzo said the teen had her skirt “hiked above her vagina and butt” and her pubic hair was exposed. When staff at Sakura Japanese Steakhouse took no action, Lorenzo allegedly pulled the teen’s skirt down, citing the presence of young children.

In a complaint to police, the alleged victim stated Lorenzo approached her from behind without warning, touched her buttocks, and pulled her skirt down, leaving her feeling “startled” and “violated”. Other witnesses also made reports to police.

The teen said she had been wearing underwear and her pubic hair was not exposed at any time.
https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/real- ... 0306d7b008
stevebrooks

Post by stevebrooks »

Some RW idiot called Stone posts photo of what he claims is the Trump rally in New Jersey, to be honest I think it may be a fake post because it's so obviously not New Jersey that even MAGA morons couldn't be stupid enough to believe it!

https://imgur.com/gallery/JLgYt3B
stylofone

Post by stylofone »

It's not really a surprise that supreme court conservatives are like this, but there might have been some slim chance some of them would "pivot" to a more objective position. Instead it looks like they are getting worse.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/ph ... r-BB1mzLsB
I can feel it