Donald Trump

Political issues which help or hinder our society.
stevebrooks

Re: Donald Trump

Post by stevebrooks »

Finally, finally, definitive proof of voter fraud Trump can present to his followers that the election was rigged. Oh hang on, what was that you say, it was the wife of a Republican candidate for congress who rigged the vote in favour of her husband? Oh what's that also, he still lost and now she has been charged and found guilty of illegally casting votes? Oh lol!

stevebrooks

Post by stevebrooks »

Oh look, students for Trump!
Driving the news: According to the magistrate's order, Fournier, 27, was arrested in Johnston County last Tuesday and accused of assaulting the woman, identified as his girlfriend, "grabbing her right arm and striking her in the forehead" with a handgun.

He was charged with domestic assault on a female and assault with a deadly weapon.
He posted bond later that evening and waived his right to an assigned attorney. His next hearing is scheduled for Dec. 18.
The victim suffered a minor injury, according to a police report.
Keep in mind this is the actual founder of Students for Trump, not just any old shitty right wing Students for Trump arsehole, he's the head arsehole who thinks it's ok to pull out a gun and smack someone in the face with it, can someone tell me why Biden is on felony charges for buying a gun while intoxicated yet shit like thus is routinely ignored? He'll probably get a slap on the wrist from some Trump appointed judge, unless he gets a reasonable non-right wing judge. This should be a felony at least, he has no excuse, he wasn't even drunk, just decided it's fine to pull out a gun and hit someone with it. Oh where are the good guys with the guns when you really need them? Oh that's right, they only exist in right wing imagination!

https://www.axios.com/2023/11/28/studen ... ed-assault
stevebrooks

Post by stevebrooks »

Trump has named many of his cabinet picks and possible VP picks, and it's worse than you can possibly imagine! For instance Tucker Carlson has been put forward as a possible VP along with MTG!

pipbarber

Post by pipbarber »

stevebrooks wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 12:27 am Trump has named many of his cabinet picks and possible VP picks, and it's worse than you can possibly imagine! For instance Tucker Carlson has been put forward as a possible VP along with MTG!

Steve Bannon for chief of staff!

I watched that video, they seem to be describing quite the slippery slope into authoritarianism. My impression was that it seemed a bit strange to hear Americans talk like this given that I and many here have been making note of what Trump 2.0 would be like for a couple of years now, which i assumed was a testament to being a distant outside observer and hence probably wrong. The sense of panic in that video may well be manufactured for commercial reasons but if/when Trump resumes office it does seem likely that the whole thing will go to shit because there isn't another option for him. It's not as though he's going to sit down and try to solve the healthcare problem - he's just going to imprison people.

'Biden looks like a corpse,' was a notable line. He's a terrible option at this point. I've had a feeling that he'd beat Trump in 2024 if it came to it, but i'm not so sure now. Pretty amazing to be witnessing all this.
'The ultimate, hidden truth of the world is that it is something that we make, and could just as easily make differently.' David Graeber
stevebrooks

Post by stevebrooks »

There's not a single name that was put forward on that video that had the capability of doing the job as it us supposed to be done, Tucker Carlson or MTG as VP? I mean what the fuck. A failed newsreader and a fucking MAGA extremist, they are being put forward only because of their complete willingness to do everything Trump tells them to do or even hints he wants done. Trump wanted the staffer who mentioned him being moved to the safe room during his presidency "executed," I mean these guys would be willing to do that for him.

I only hope this video gets through to the swing voters who are undecided but who do indeed think the MAGA extremists are indeed out of their minds and swings the vote more against Trump.
pipbarber wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 8:36 am I watched that video, they seem to be describing quite the slippery slope into authoritarianism.
I don't think there's a slope there at all, I think it's a straight step into authoritarianism and the only hope the the US has if Trump does get in is that the military may just decide to nope out of there and declare anything Trump tries to get them to do as "illegal orders."
Irrev-Black

Post by Irrev-Black »

A deck of cards where all the Trumps are fucking knaves.
It boggles the mind to know that there are people out there eager to pay $99 for a digital image of Donald Trump cosplaying as a cowboy, a cyborg, a superhero, or Abraham Lincoln.

This is Trump's third series of digital trading cards. The previous two editions "sold out," whatever that means.
https://boingboing.net/2023/12/12/trump ... cards.html
Greedy fuckers cannot self-regulate.
Prove me wrong.
stevebrooks

Post by stevebrooks »

Irrev-Black wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 8:18 am A deck of cards where all the Trumps are fucking knaves.
It boggles the mind to know that there are people out there eager to pay $99 for a digital image of Donald Trump cosplaying as a cowboy, a cyborg, a superhero, or Abraham Lincoln.

This is Trump's third series of digital trading cards. The previous two editions "sold out," whatever that means.
https://boingboing.net/2023/12/12/trump ... cards.html
Ah but this one has a trump card....lol. If you buy the entire set at $4653 you get as a bonus an actual physical card with a cut up piece of the Trump mugshot suite attached. Yes you heard that, he's going to cut up his "expensive suit" (he indeed said himself it was expensive lol) and basically sell small pieces, 100 in total for the first hundred buyers, for $4653 each. So in actual fact he will get $463,300 for his suit! Yes that is indeed an expensive suit!

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/article ... cards.html
pipbarber

Post by pipbarber »

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... ya-chutkan

I can't entirely discern how beneficial this ruling is for Trump, but i'd have thought that any delay in proceedings was a victory for him on some level. Basically, he has to delay, obfuscate and defer all his big legal problems until the election, which will be a do or die affair for the giant orange turd.

I suspect many white-haired democrats piled their aged eggs into the legal basket and aren't expecting Trump to be able to run for the presidency in 11 months time. But we're in the post fact world of politics, and end-stage capitalism, and Trump winning in 2024 is more likely than Biden, at this point, according to polling and the do nothing democrats only have themselves to blame. The endless focus on legal battles does not help them. They are the most less worse party in the history of modern electoralism, surely, and if it weren't for Trump 2.0 being a probable fascistic takeover of the State, i'd welcome their self satisfied, condescending, paternalistic immolation.
'The ultimate, hidden truth of the world is that it is something that we make, and could just as easily make differently.' David Graeber
stylofone

Post by stylofone »

He was an enabler in the early days, then he ran away rather than stay and fight. I think the pre-Trump Republicans who ran away were sort of hoping for the madness to fade away, so they could come back into the fray after Trump lost his relevance. Ryan has worked it out now, the only way you come back is if you let Trump cut off one of your fingers or brand your forehead.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... nservative
I can feel it
Loki

Post by Loki »

Trump adjacent:

Rudy Giuliani has been ordered to pay about $148 million in damages to Ruby FREEMAN and Shaye MOSS.