Donald Trump

Political issues which help or hinder our society.
pipbarber

Re: Donald Trump

Post by pipbarber »

If you want to catch up on Mike Johnson's credibility, here's a link to his profile on Answers in Genesis, where he is a contributor.

https://answersingenesis.org/bios/mike-johnson/
'The ultimate, hidden truth of the world is that it is something that we make, and could just as easily make differently.' David Graeber
Irrev-Black

Post by Irrev-Black »

pipbarber wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 8:45 am If you want to catch up on Mike Johnson's credibility, here's a link to his profile on Answers in Genesis, where he is a contributor.

https://answersingenesis.org/bios/mike-johnson/
Scarier yet...

Greedy fuckers cannot self-regulate.
Prove me wrong.
stevebrooks

Post by stevebrooks »

Been away for a week having an op and what do I come back to? The worst speaker in the history of the house? Worse then Gym? Yes, quite possibly, not because he has any "known" dark background like Gym, but precisely because he hasn't, he brings a veneer of respectability to the position while at the same time being a completely obnoxious, and dare I say evil, yes I dare, person. He has personally called for the death penalty for homosexuals among many other things.

However I don't think he will last, under his speakership it's likely there will be government shutdown because he is fundamentally unable to compromise and will therefore never be able to come to an agreement with the Dem's. The entire thing is a shit show still, but at least we have a leading clown again!
stylofone

Post by stylofone »

I'm getting strong apocalypse vibes this morning, I'd better be careful to limit the doomscrolling. Biden's high-risk.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... tates-poll
I can feel it
pipbarber

Post by pipbarber »

Biden should always have been a one term president and that should have been made known early in his term so as to ensure the next nominee had a decent run up. But of course they've fucked it up. Presumably they think Trump is cooked, which may or may not be true, but only a fool would think the far right will just evaporate without Trump. If he runs, he could win - if he's prevented from running for legal reasons, the GOP have a big chance electing someone over Biden. Its grim.

Today is one year exactly til the election. Scary.
'The ultimate, hidden truth of the world is that it is something that we make, and could just as easily make differently.' David Graeber
stevebrooks

Post by stevebrooks »

Ok so Trump testified in person finally, and now we know why for all these years his good lawyers have refused to allow him to take the stand and only had depositions, now his bad lawyers are in charge, and oh boy was that a mistake, but they actually think he's doing well! Let me put it this way, his testimony was so bad the AG, Letitia James, actually started laughing in court!

stevebrooks

Post by stevebrooks »

As an example lets put this here;

Irrev-Black

Post by Irrev-Black »

stevebrooks wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 1:28 pm As an example lets put this here;

It wouldn't be beyond the realm of possibility that we're seeing some form of dementia expressed here.
Prove me wrong.
Irrev-Black

Post by Irrev-Black »

Somebody appears to be using Trump's trollishness for a strategic purpose:
"I think he is trying to goad the judge into doing something he can argue on appeal shows prejudice on his part," Prof McMunigal said. "Maybe he makes a comment they can use to support a bias case later."

Mr Trump's lawyers are widely expected to file an appeal, and his team have also discussed a potential mistrial motion that will seemingly reference communications between the judge and his law clerk who they have accused of bias.

With potential arguments around this in mind, it was notable that Judge Engoron rarely engaged when Mr Trump attacked him directly on Monday.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-67340454
Prove me wrong.
stevebrooks

Post by stevebrooks »

When asked about the size discrepancy of his penthouse, which he claimed was 30,000 sq feet but was only 10,000, he claimed, w"ell it could be if you included the lift shaft and other stuff," and I mean what idiot claims the lift shaft is actually part of a livable penthouse?