What is Elon Musk up to now..

Post here with any news report you want to discuss.
joele
Site Admin

Re: What is Elon Musk up to now..

Post by joele »

And the bigot has responded to ABC.. mmm Free speech from a guy who will ban you for using CIS to describe someone, I guess that isn't censorship as it's the 'others' he is censoring (doesn't count).

Personally I would prefer the ABC, as non commercial entity, join a non commercial platform like Mastodon, but that won't happen..

"Now this is the command: Do to the doer to make him do." - The Eloquent Peasant (2040–1650 BCE)

“Religion the protector of the well fed and consoler of the hungry.” - Mikhail Bakunin
Irrev-Black

Post by Irrev-Black »

X-pensive previously-bird site is now found in contempt of court.
X, formerly known as Twitter, is being held in contempt by a federal judge for a delay in compliance with a search warrant of former President Trump's account requested by special counsel Jack Smith.

Driving the news: The social media giant was also ordered to pay a $350,000 fine, newly unsealed court filings show.

The existence of the warrant, which was obtained by Smith's team in January, was not previously known to the public.

Zoom in: In the warrant, the government requested "data and records related to the '@realDonaldTrump'" Twitter account.

The company ultimately complied with the warrant but did not do so until three days after a court-ordered deadline.
The warrant was served along with a nondisclosure order that prohibited the company from sharing its existence or contents.
Twitter initially delayed producing the requested content while it unsuccessfully litigated objections to the nondisclosure order, per court records.
https://www.axios.com/2023/08/09/twitte ... ch-warrant
Greedy fuckers cannot self-regulate.
Prove me wrong.
Roentare

Post by Roentare »

joele wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 1:31 pm Who is still advertising with X anyway??

"Confederate flag mart"?
Twitter ads was way more expensive than meta ads traditionally. Yet, these ads were not as effective as other platforms. I doubt X is making profit.
Life isn't perfect,
people aren't perfect,
but there are
moments that are.

Roentare Photo Portfolio
Irrev-Black

Post by Irrev-Black »

The complaint-defusing unit that sounds like Douglas Adams could have dreamed it up...
The previously unknown unit was reportedly formed after Tesla was inundated with appointments of annoyed drivers complaining they could not drive as far as their cars indicated they could. Staff on the team were tracked on how many cases they diverted on a daily basis and told each closed case saved the company around $1,000, per the report. In a striking scene straight out of The Wolf of Wall Street, some Diversion Team members would celebrate successfully canceled appointments by “putting their phone on mute and striking a metal xylophone.” A round of applause in the Tesla offices would ensue, according to Reuters.
The business model is so Muskish.
https://gizmodo.com/tesla-driving-range ... 1850682837
Prove me wrong.
Irrev-Black

Post by Irrev-Black »

Now the Emerald Apartheid Prince is meddling with link response times.
“Free Speech Absolutist” Elon Musk appears to have hit a new low by standing in the way of website traffic flowing from X, formerly known as Twitter, to websites he doesn’t like. The social media app targeted news sites including The New York Times and Reuters as well as competing social media platforms such as Facebook, Threads, and Bluesky by slowing down the load times for links posted on Twitter.

All affected sites take longer to load than other sites such as The Washington Post and USA Today, meaning the slowdown is affecting the targeted sites’ bottom line. A page’s load speed affects an article or site’s search engine rankings, with quickly loading sites appearing higher on Google which prioritizes sites that load in no more than 2.5 seconds.

The delay was first reported by a user early on Tuesday on the discussion forum Hacker News. The anonymous user pointed out that Twitter users will see at least a five-second delay on the aforementioned sites before they are redirected to the correct address by t.co. – a link-shortening service used by Twitter to process links posted on its site.

Twitter did not immediately respond to Gizmodo’s request for comment.

According to Littledata, a site that tracks Google Analytics, in September 2022 only sites that load in less than 2.9 seconds ranked in the top 20% of search results, but with The Times and Reuters taking five and ten seconds to load, it is possible that the throttling is having a broad effect on these companies.
https://gizmodo.com/elon-musk-throttlin ... 1850740910
Prove me wrong.
Irrev-Black

Post by Irrev-Black »

Making a killing in the automobile biz...
Tesla's Autopilot engineers have claimed the automaker's leadership not only knew the software was unable to detect and respond to cross traffic, it did nothing to fix it.

These allegations came to light this week from a civil lawsuit brought against Tesla regarding a crash that killed 50-year-old father Jeremy Banner in 2019. He died when his Tesla Model 3 smashed into a tractor-trailer in cross traffic; Autopilot had been activated by Banner 10 seconds prior to the collision. Neither the driving-assistance software nor Banner, it would seem, saw and reacted to the other vehicle in time.

If his fate sounds familiar, that's because it bears remarkable similarity to a 2016 accident that killed Joshua Brown, whose Tesla Model S with Autopilot activated failed to notice an 18-wheeler tractor-trailer traveling crossing a highway. As happened years later in Banner's case, Brown's Tesla passed under the trailer, ripping the top off of the vehicle and killing the 40-year-old.
https://www.theregister.com/2023/08/17/ ... rs_claims/
Prove me wrong.
Irrev-Black

Post by Irrev-Black »

If the engineering department of RichBratMobile don't get you killed, the accounting department may attempt to off you with a sudden increase in blood pressure!
I have posted this to four other Tesla related subreddits only to have them removed so hopefully this one sticks..

I have had a horrible experience with Tesla and their team in the past couple of days. My family purchased our new car a couple months ago and was enjoying it up until a few days ago when I tried to get the car into gear and it demanded that I input the password. Having not set up a password previously, I contacted Tesla about the issue.

While I was waiting to speak with a representative, I noticed that my car was no longer linked to my account on the app, nor could I log into my Tesla account. After waiting on hold for two hours, I was finally able to get through to a representative who informed me that I needed to contact Tesla Financial about this issue. I called the number provided immediately but they did not pick up as they were outside of working hours.

“Not a problem.” I thought. I’d call back again tomorrow and sort this out. I left my car in the parking lot at work overnight and had a family member pick me up and drop me off the next morning. While I’m working the next day, my boss informs me that there is a tow truck outside to tow my car. Confused, I went out to the parking lot and was told by the towing company that Tesla is repossessing my vehicle.

This is where my confusion grew. We had paid for the vehicle IN FULL at the time we picked it up from the dealership, but the towing company is just doing what tesla told them to do. so they took my car.

Shortly afterward, my father received a phone call from Tesla Financial and he asked them what was going on. They told him that Tesla had been trying to reach out to us multiple times through phone and email about a debt they have been attempting to collect on the car.
And on it goes... what a saga!

Prove me wrong.
joele
Site Admin

Post by joele »

Ohh awesome, so now he wants to take away the ability to block other users.. ffs.. really?
Social media company X, formerly known as Twitter, will remove a protective feature that lets users block other accounts, Elon Musk has said in another controversial move for the company he bought last year.

The block function allows a user to restrict specific accounts from contacting them, seeing their posts or following them. “Block is going to be deleted as a ‘feature’, except for DMs [direct messages],” Musk said in a post on the platform, saying later: “It makes no sense.”
https://www.theguardian.com/technology/ ... -says-musk
"Now this is the command: Do to the doer to make him do." - The Eloquent Peasant (2040–1650 BCE)

“Religion the protector of the well fed and consoler of the hungry.” - Mikhail Bakunin
Irrev-Black

Post by Irrev-Black »

The En-X-shittification of the birdsite continues...

A considerable portion of the worth of a large, old, social media collection has to be in its archival material.

Now, it looks like any media or "t.co" links older than 2014 are Gorn.
untitled.jpg
untitled.jpg (99.22 KiB) Viewed 7963 times
Prove me wrong.
Irrev-Black

Post by Irrev-Black »

It's not as big a concern as it looks, the erstwhile birdsite spiralling round the plughole.

Far less real people will be affected than it seems.
Of the 153,209,283 X accounts following Musk at the time the data was collected, around 42 percent of Musk's followers, or more than 65.3 million users, have zero followers on their own account. Just over 72 percent, or nearly 112 million, of these users following Musk have less than 10 followers on their account.

When it comes to content creation on the platform, more than 62.5 million Musk followers have zero tweets. This would include users who have deleted all of their tweets by the time this data was collected over the past few weeks as well as accounts that have never before tweeted. More than 100 million Musk followers have less than 10 tweets posted to their account…
https://boingboing.net/2023/08/18/far-t ... eturn.html
Prove me wrong.