Donald Trump

Political issues which help or hinder our society.
Irrev-Black

Re: Donald Trump

Post by Irrev-Black »

Shit got interesting.
randahl@mastodon.social
Randahl Fink
@randahl@mastodon.social

BOOM! The fourth indictment hits the table, and Donald Trump, Rudolph Giuliani, and their whole gang are being charged with 41 counts related to their attempt at illegally overturning the 2020 election in Georgia.

“I am giving the defendants the opportunity to voluntarily surrender no later than noon on friday the 25th”, District Attorney Fani Willis said. Trial within 6 months.

This is the case, where Trump called Georgia saying “I just want to find 11,780 votes”.
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (35.56 KiB) Viewed 2882 times
Greedy fuckers cannot self-regulate.
Prove me wrong.
pipbarber

Post by pipbarber »

So many possibilities. Winning nominations whilst in a jail cell, being found not guilty, using the court as an election platform and thus filling it with bullshit or just dropping dead! Who knows, except it's going to be ugly and fascinating and, most importantly, must watch TV!

Does it really matter? I suppose it does, as long as the Trump soapy rolls on absolutely no one has to deal with adapting to the climate catastrophe, cost of living, economic inequality and the uncontrollable capitalism that causes it all. We can all snuggle into our narratives - the comfortable reassurance of the left adjacent professional types and the performative outrage of the MAGA mob, which can really go to town now, and there's no need to worry.
'The ultimate, hidden truth of the world is that it is something that we make, and could just as easily make differently.' David Graeber
pipbarber

Post by pipbarber »

This is so ridiculous, paraphrasing Trump on the birdsite, he has announced that he will be releasing a report on Monday at 11 am that conclusively proves the 2020 election in Georgia was stolen. Is he simply trying to buy a weekend of golf, and he'll worry about on Monday? I wonder what poor sod has just been tasked with writing up a report conclusively proving electoral fraud? 'Give it to me Monday at 10.30.' :lol:
'The ultimate, hidden truth of the world is that it is something that we make, and could just as easily make differently.' David Graeber
joele
Site Admin

Post by joele »

Just keep digging that hole deeper Donald..
"Now this is the command: Do to the doer to make him do." - The Eloquent Peasant (2040–1650 BCE)

“Religion the protector of the well fed and consoler of the hungry.” - Mikhail Bakunin
stevebrooks

Post by stevebrooks »

It appears Judge Cannon's presiding over the secret documents case will soon be over. Her inexperience, only 4 previous court cases some of which had serious procedural errors, her complete lack of knowledge of how trials involving government security issues are supposed to be run combined with the numpties Trump has as lawyers are combining to bring this farce to an end and replace her with a more experienced judge.

The latest is that a protective order put forward by the prosecution in regard to top secret documents has been objected to by Trump's lawyers, and Cannon may actually try and comply with their objections, combined with her already revealing sealed information regarding the Grand Jury in Washington this will probably result in an objection by the prosecution and a ruling by the 11th ciruit court to have her removed.

The essence is, Trump wants him and his lawyers to be allowed to review the secret documents in Mar A Lardo, the required procedure is that the secret documents be reviewed in a SCIF (Sensitive Compartmented Information Facility), this is not a negotiable position, the documents must be reviewed and remain in the SCIF at all times! This is a government requirement, not a random desire by the prosecution, there is such a SCIF in Miami, 70kms from Mar A Lardo. Acceding to Trump's request would require the construction of a SCIF at Mar a Lardo, not going to happen, the construction requirement for these facilities is, to say the least, extreme, and any attempt by Cannon to vary the protective order would almost certainly result in an automatic appeal to the 11th circuit court, which has already smacked her down once, and removal of her from the case.

The next few days should be interesting for judge Cannon!
pipbarber

Post by pipbarber »

I've seriously lost track of which judge is doing what, in which case and where? If AI doesn't kill off script writers completely, Trump will finish off the rest because you couldn't make this shitshow up, and there's so so much more to come.....

I find myself reflecting on how this bigoted buffoon has destroyed the GOP and demonstrated for the whole world to see how futile and impotent electoral politics has become. I'm somewhat cynically hoping he gets elected and runs the government from prison. It would, in a way, be the crowning glory of the farce that is liberal democracy.

A pox on them all.
stevebrooks

Post by stevebrooks »

pipbarber wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 3:44 pmI'm somewhat cynically hoping he gets elected and runs the government from prison. It would, in a way, be the crowning glory of the farce that is liberal democracy.
And you know the really funny thing about that, he might actually be able to run for President while in prison, but he won't actually be allowed to vote for himself, how bizarre is that. 48 states don't allow incarcerated felons to vote, and some permanently revoke their right to vote, so he could run for Presidency, actually win the Presidency while incarcerated, there are no rules preventing running for political office while in prison, but he won't be allowed to vote for himself or anyone else!
pipbarber

Post by pipbarber »

stevebrooks wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 4:46 pm
pipbarber wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 3:44 pmI'm somewhat cynically hoping he gets elected and runs the government from prison. It would, in a way, be the crowning glory of the farce that is liberal democracy.
And you know the really funny thing about that, he might actually be able to run for President while in prison, but he won't actually be allowed to vote for himself, how bizarre is that. 48 states don't allow incarcerated felons to vote, and some permanently revoke their right to vote, so he could run for Presidency, actually win the Presidency while incarcerated, there are no rules preventing running for political office while in prison, but he won't be allowed to vote for himself or anyone else!
Well, there's a grand tradition of people running for office from the clink. Bobby Sands springs to mind, Nelson Mandela of course became party leader the day he was released from prison, the now somewhat tarnished Aung San Suu Kyi was very politically active from prison, maybe Gandhi (?) And think of all the political radicals fighting against the injustices of the modern State that found themselves in jail, like Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, Václav Havel and so many more. Where Trump sits in that bunch is a comedic contemplation, but one nevertheless that will be exploited to the hilt, or all the way to the hill.

Perhaps a more alike image is Hitler being brought cups of tea in jail while he writes that ridiculous book. I can see Trump now, KFC served up on a tin plate, sitting across from some geezer who agreed to be a ghost writer of Trump's pending best seller.
Irrev-Black

Post by Irrev-Black »

Pitchforks and pine torches? This be mighty fukt.
BrianKrebs
@briankrebs@infosec.exchange

CNN is reporting that someone has doxed at least half of the members of the Fulton grand jury that just returned the criminal indictment against Trump, w/ anonymous users calling for violence against them. I guess this is the new normal. SMH.

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/08/17/poli ... index.html
“We are in a situation where people are being threatened to be killed for doing their civic duty. It is an unfortunate reality that, as part of Georgia law, their names are made public, but that’s what we’re dealing with,” the source told CNN.
Greedy fuckers cannot self-regulate.
Prove me wrong.
pipbarber

Post by pipbarber »

If America were a tinderbox, which it very often resembles, the Trump trials seem as good a match as it's likely to get. The very best outcome is for him to drop dead, now. But even that would be called a murder. It's like the US has locked itself into catastrophe and like moths to flames, they do everything in their power, both sides, to move ever more swiftly toward the fire. The United States of Nihilism.