Invasion Day

Political issues which help or hinder our society.
Irrev-Black

Re: Invasion Day

Post by Irrev-Black »

GD_pjlNbkAAqQ5r.jpeg
GD_pjlNbkAAqQ5r.jpeg (67.4 KiB) Viewed 670 times
"Oz Day" used to be flexible. Now the 26ers can go and get bent.
Greedy fuckers cannot self-regulate.
Prove me wrong.
Irrev-Black

Post by Irrev-Black »

https://www.lyricsmania.com/january_26_ ... ginal.html

Prove me wrong.
Irrev-Black

Post by Irrev-Black »

Irrev-Black wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 10:34 am
nibble wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:48 am
stylofone wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 6:59 am Australia Day is awful, so is Anzac Day.
I'd be cautious with Anzac Day. This day is highly revered by Aussies and any criticism will be met with retaliation. It has become religious like.
Always has been: read about Canon Garland's politics and motivations. He seems to have been that worst of critters - an authoritarian with religious cammo.
David Garland was a crusader for religious education in state schools in Western Australia and Queensland. It was a final political act in the very long battle between Church and Secular education, in the settlement of state education and the withdrawal of State Aid; as reflected in Wendy Mansfield’s assessment that “Garland was never loath to mix the spiritual and the secular.” Garland’s impact, though, went further into a cultural conservatism, ignoring the slow ‘winds of change’. World War I created in Garland a polemDavid Garland was a crusader for religious education in state schools in Western Australia and Queensland. It was a final political act in the very long battle between Church and Secular education, in the settlement of state education and the withdrawal of State Aid; as reflected in Wendy Mansfield’s assessment that “Garland was never loath to mix the spiritual and the secular.” Garland’s impact, though, went further into a cultural conservatism, ignoring the slow ‘winds of change’. World War I created in Garland a polemic figure who was no doubt kindly Anglican cleric, but his genuine garb of spirituality hides the possibility of a deeper assessment in political relations: character falsely excuses behaviour (a wider theme I will be exploring among Brisbane thinkers).

With Colonel A. J. Thynne, Garland was the Co-Founder of the Compulsory Service League. His outlook was colonial and imperialist, at a time when the war mentality was killing liberal thought (in terms of both die Kultur and Britannia). There are several nuances in Garland’s character, a very complex churchmanship, to which John Moses explains as Selbstverstaendnis, the biographical self-perception. This view is of Garland as a Gladstonian Imperialist, combined with a mixed ‘Orange’ and Anglo-Catholic theological outlook. Garland’s biblicalism in the state education movement speaks of the militancy of the Irish Protestant mindset (‘Orange’). His Anglo-Catholic conversion softens his outlook but it did not diminish Garland’s political militancy.ic figure who was no doubt kindly Anglican cleric, but his genuine garb of spirituality hides the possibility of a deeper assessment in political relations: character falsely excuses behaviour (a wider theme I will be exploring among Brisbane thinkers).

With Colonel A. J. Thynne, Garland was the Co-Founder of the Compulsory Service League. His outlook was colonial and imperialist, at a time when the war mentality was killing liberal thought (in terms of both die Kultur and Britannia). There are several nuances in Garland’s character, a very complex churchmanship, to which John Moses explains as Selbstverstaendnis, the biographical self-perception. This view is of Garland as a Gladstonian Imperialist, combined with a mixed ‘Orange’ and Anglo-Catholic theological outlook. Garland’s biblicalism in the state education movement speaks of the militancy of the Irish Protestant mindset (‘Orange’). His Anglo-Catholic conversion softens his outlook but it did not diminish Garland’s political militancy.
https://mappingbrisbanehistory.com.au/h ... d-garland/
Boosting the nasty origins of the April 25 thing.
Prove me wrong.
pipbarber

Post by pipbarber »

Fuck anzac day, i despise it. Ideological bullshit day. Lest we forget our serving war criminals.
'The ultimate, hidden truth of the world is that it is something that we make, and could just as easily make differently.' David Graeber
Irrev-Black

Post by Irrev-Black »

Poped.
6c8683bfd68b088c.jpeg
6c8683bfd68b088c.jpeg (199.79 KiB) Viewed 216 times
Prove me wrong.