Other Genocides

Post here with any news report you want to discuss.
Irrev-Black

Re: Other Genocides

Post by Irrev-Black »

Irrev-Black wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:21 am
joele wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:01 am
Irrev-Black wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:28 amOnly pink people matter unless it's really got stuff that looks impressive on camera.
Is it really just that? I am sure there was plenty of "impressive" footage of Ethiopia or Yemen massacres. :?:

I think there are additional factors, for example financial interests (why even Muslim countries care nothing for, well in fact support, China wiping out the Uyghurs).
Point well made! In any case, most news media are about as objective as dunny wall graffiti.
The rot seems to travel all the way down, too.

Contacted the main commercial TV station of a major city in the early 1990s, trying to get some coverage of a protest action involving a church-owned company, the state-level GovCo, and a number of disadvantaged folk who had organised, presented a log of claims, engaged legal representation, and barricaded a GovCo-owned facility...

"That's not sexy enough", said the news editor, before hanging up.

(That action continued, and the people won. It was just one of those many things Joe and Ethel won't see over the top of the dinner tray.)
Greedy fuckers cannot self-regulate.
Prove me wrong.
Irrev-Black

Re: Other Genocides

Post by Irrev-Black »

joele wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:06 am Tigray War in Ethiopia..
The Tigray War was an armed conflict that lasted from 3 November 2020 to 3 November 2022. The war was primarily fought in the Tigray Region of Ethiopia between forces allied to the Ethiopian federal government and Eritrea on one side, and the Tigray People's Liberation Front (TPLF) on the other.
Between 80,000 and 600,000 casualties over 2 years and almost no coverage.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tigray_War
The central government denies anyone has died from hunger.
Greedy fuckers cannot self-regulate.
Prove me wrong.