Russia

Political issues which help or hinder our society.
Irrev-Black

Re: Russia

Post by Irrev-Black »

Vladdy the Poo tells Wagner guys they're in his corner or out the window.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-08-26/ ... /102780680
Greedy fuckers cannot self-regulate.
Prove me wrong.
stevebrooks

Post by stevebrooks »

Hmm, those poison inspired health problems seem to be spreading, It appears Putin is getting rid of anyone who might challenge his chosen successor when he eventually dies.
“It is not about injuries. Other details require additional clarification. He has been ill for a long time, and we are talking about systemic health problems.

“But he has been in a serious condition for the past few days,” he added.

The war lord has been rumoured to be in poor health for months with kidney problems as a result of drug addiction, although some believe he may have been poisoned.

Kadyrov, who has been leader of the Chechen Republic since 2007, has been an outspoken Kremlin ally since Russia annexed Ukraine’s Crimean Peninsula in 2014 and has championed Putin’s full-scale invasion since it began last year, declaring it a “Big Jihad.”
https://www.news.com.au/world/chechen-l ... 7c1d59dbd0
stevebrooks

Post by stevebrooks »

It's interesting that Putin continues to attack civilian targets in southern Ukraine, one might even say, counterproductive. The targets aren't being chosen for their military value, airports, ammunition depots, railway line? Very rarely indeed, this is the first one I have heard about in a long time.
Russia meanwhile said on Monday it had hit Ukrainian "storage sites" for British Storm Shadow cruise missiles and ammunition with depleted uranium -- a controversial weapon supplied by the United States to Kyiv.
This is one of the few strikes I have heard about on purely military targets, and this is from the Russian media, you would think if they were hitting a lot of military targets they would be boasting about it. However they continue to hit Ukrainian grain depots and ports, civilian infrastructure in cities and towns, so it appears to be a psychological campaign of intimidation not just against Ukraine but countries that rely on Ukraine grain exports, they are hoping the tide of public and world opinion will turn against Ukraine and force them to capitulate to Russian demands.

Of course in doing so they hamper their own war efforts, it's almost purely defensive now, mine laying, trenches, dragons teeth (these are indeed a joke, the Ukrainian's just push them out of the way) so it seems they no longer even have the military capacity to attack. How much of this is Putin and how much simply the fault of Russia propaganda is debatable. But there is that old saying, you say something often enough and people start believing it, the problem is not only the people it's directed at tend to do that, but so do the people spreading the propaganda. it's probably a certainty if things keep going the way they are Russian will eventually be pushed out, the only question seems to be is, will the west support Ukraine for long enough, and that seems to be Putin's only strategy now! Maybe he is hoping Trump gets in at the next US elections.

https://www.news.com.au/breaking-news/u ... 0c4e8de661
stevebrooks

Post by stevebrooks »

Enough Oligarchs gone, time to make an example of some journalists, some aren't following the party line exactly!
Zoya Konovalova, the head of one of Russian President Vladimir Putin's state TV channels, has been found dead after a suspected poisoning incident, officials said.
The news comes after another Russian journalist, Alexander Rybin, was found dead in Russia's Rostov region, which borders Ukraine, local media reported on Sunday.
And last month, Anna Tsareva, 35, the deputy editor-in-chief of Komsomolskaya Pravda, was found dead in her apartment in Moscow, the publication said. According to the newspaper, she had a lung infection and a fever days before she was found dead.
https://www.newsweek.com/zoya-konovalov ... ia-1858549
Irrev-Black

Post by Irrev-Black »

Poor old bloody Navalny: his turn came round.
Russia's most significant opposition leader for the past decade, Alexei Navalny, has died in prison inside the Arctic Circle, the prison service has said.

Seen as President Vladimir Putin's most vociferous critic, Navalny was serving a 19-year jail term on charges widely considered politically motivated.

He was moved to an Arctic penal colony, said to be one of Russia's toughest jails, late last year.

The prison service in the Yamalo-Nenets district said Navalny had "felt unwell" after a walk on Friday.

He had "almost immediately lost consciousness", it said in a statement, adding that an emergency medical team had immediately been called and tried to resuscitate him but without success.

"The emergency doctors declared the prisoner dead. Cause of death is being established."
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-68315943
Prove me wrong.
stylofone

Post by stylofone »

Irrev-Black wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 11:43 pmPoor old bloody Navalny: his turn came round.
It's disturbing. No actually horrifying. And then you have this sick admiration for Putin from far-right evildoers around the world. Along with the mass killing in and near Gaza, this is a disturbing time in world events.
I can feel it
Irrev-Black

Post by Irrev-Black »

Putin Poped.
pope.jpg
pope.jpg (171.27 KiB) Viewed 682 times
Prove me wrong.
stevebrooks

Post by stevebrooks »

Canada O Canada home of LGBTQ....oh wait, that's not how it goes, but some people believe it does, enough to up stakes, kids, money and all and move to mother Russia where all such stuff is banned and/or nonexistent, sadly it didn't work out for them!
First off, the Russian bank where they moved their funds immediately froze their assets. The amount of money seemed suspicious, as I guess it would since most Russians outside of Putin’s circle are dirt poor. As a result, the family doesn’t have money to live on, and those nice Russian officials disappeared.
Russia promptly stole his money and blocked all of their social media and banking accounts, and now the extremist Christian family who were hoping that Orthodox Christian Russia would give them a life while saving their kids for the gays are trapped begging for help to get home. They can’t afford the basics, and that includes a plane ticket out of that third-world shithole.
Do I feel sorry for them? No, I feel sorry for their kids, some of whom may actually be gay or indeed some other variation LGBTQ because I mean with 8 kids there's a good chance. It's not that Russia doesn't have gay people, it's just they're to scared to say anything, and with a 10% ratio of some form of LGBTQ in the general population, well there's 8 kids there.

They are now begging for help to get back to that gay shithole, Canada!

https://crier.co/i-dont-feel-any-sympat ... ay-people/
pipbarber

Post by pipbarber »

They might have better luck in Afghanistan?
'The ultimate, hidden truth of the world is that it is something that we make, and could just as easily make differently.' David Graeber
Irrev-Black

Post by Irrev-Black »

Irrev-Black wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 11:43 pm Poor old bloody Navalny: his turn came round.
(SNIP)
Meet the new Opposition Leader.

https://apnews.com/article/yulia-navaln ... 33c27e4878
Prove me wrong.