Movies

For anything that doesn't fit anywhere above.
Irrev-Black

Re: Movies

Post by Irrev-Black »

pipbarber wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 7:49 am Sasquatch Sunset. One of the strangest movies i've seen, beautiful, sad, grotesque and hilarious. No dialogue but a compelling narrative. This movie is very difficult to explain, it's best just to watch it.
Ta for the recommendation! I'll have a look.
Greedy fuckers cannot self-regulate.
Prove me wrong.
stylofone

Post by stylofone »

The Boy and the Heron is a potent brew containing similar elements from Miyazaki's previous work: Totoro, Spirited Away, Ponyo. It was too much for me to digest compared to those predecessors, a sensory symbolic overload, but that's OK because its surreal beauty is persistently marvelous.
I can feel it
stylofone

Post by stylofone »

Furiosa surprised me. It was entertaining and very well done. I didn't enjoy Fury Road at all, so expectations were low.
I can feel it
joele
Site Admin

Post by joele »

I watched Furiosa on the weekend too, was a good movie.
"Now this is the command: Do to the doer to make him do." - The Eloquent Peasant (2040–1650 BCE)

“Religion the protector of the well fed and consoler of the hungry.” - Mikhail Bakunin
stylofone

Post by stylofone »

Once again I am pleasantly surprised that there is still any milk left in the cow called "Planet of the Apes". "Kingdom" was very enjoyable. Nothing beats the 1968 original of course.
I can feel it
stylofone

Post by stylofone »

"Alien:Romulus". Thrilling, well made, great pacing and scary moments. It no longer has the vibe of arthouse originality, like the original and, less successfully, "Prometheus". It's more popcorn fodder nowadays, but at least "Romulus" is done well. Also, the popcorn trope of throwing in a cachphrase (get away from her you BITCH") still works for me.
I can feel it