USA Far Right Watch

Political issues which help or hinder our society.
stevebrooks

Re: USA Far Right Watch

Post by stevebrooks »

This man needs to be given a serious talking to!
Robert F. Kennedy Jr. is taking increasingly bizarre and contradictory positions in his ongoing crusade to inject pandemonium into the 2024 election. Right now the former third-party candidate is asking the U.S. Supreme Court to restore his name to the ballot in New York, asserting a constitutional right to run for president in the state. At the same time, he is asking the Wisconsin Supreme Court to remove his name from the ballot in that state, asserting a constitutional right not to run there. Moreover, because it is too late to print new ballots in Wisconsin, Kennedy is demanding that clerks manually place stickers over his name on some 4 million existing ballots. Election officials say this untested improvisation could jam up voting tabulators, making it impossible to scan ballots in a key swing state on Election Day and requiring a drawn-out hand count instead.
Seriously, he wants the clerks to put stickers on 4 MILLION ballots?

https://imgur.com/gallery/robert-f-kenn ... te-XezOzPh
stevebrooks

Post by stevebrooks »

Oh deary, deary me;
Podcaster Joe Rogan has warned a Kamala Harris presidency would likely usher in a harsher “clamp down” on online speech.

“I don’t think it turns around if Kamala Harris gets into office,” Rogan said this week.

“I think they clamp down more. I think the same stuff that they were trying to do with Twitter, they’ll try to do with something else, with other things.”
Trump is the one threatening to shut down news site, cancel the licenses of broadcasters, imprison online critics if he gets in, they really are scraping the bottom of the barrel aren't they?
Rogan went on to raise alarm over the “many wild things” the Harris camp is saying, including vice presidential nominee Tim Walz claiming that the First Amendment doesn’t apply to misinformation.
Well, it doesn't, if you lie about someone and cause them harm you can't use the defense of constitutionally protected free speech, never have been able to, that's why people get sued for libel and slander, because constitutionally protected speech applies in certain situations, it's not universal. This is why a certain someone just lost everything for the lies they said and broadcast about Sandy Hook mass shooting.
Ryan added, “The misinformation — it’s all opinion.”
No, no it isn't, sometimes it's malicious lies, like Vance making up lies about Haitians eating cats and dogs, oh look they are getting sued over that, it not constitutionally protected free speech!

https://www.news.com.au/world/north-ame ... 7f9eb662f7
pipbarber

Post by pipbarber »

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... nformation

I feel as though i've been saying to myself that America has lost its mind for nearly a decade now but this is a new peek for crazy town. Just to be clear, these people do not believe in the science of climate change, but do believe that the Democrats, in conjunction with meteorologists, are directing hurricanes they made into Republican majority states. Consequently, meteorologists have received death threats? What the very fuck!

Harris might win in 3 weeks, but how she's going to govern these people is a complete mystery to me, especially given that many of those who believe this bullshit hold actual positions of power.
'The ultimate, hidden truth of the world is that it is something that we make, and could just as easily make differently.' David Graeber
stevebrooks

Post by stevebrooks »

pipbarber wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2024 8:19 am https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... nformation

I feel as though i've been saying to myself that America has lost its mind for nearly a decade now but this is a new peek for crazy town. Just to be clear, these people do not believe in the science of climate change, but do believe that the Democrats, in conjunction with meteorologists, are directing hurricanes they made into Republican majority states. Consequently, meteorologists have received death threats? What the very fuck!

Harris might win in 3 weeks, but how she's going to govern these people is a complete mystery to me, especially given that many of those who believe this bullshit hold actual positions of power.
I have no doubt some meteorologists will be pulled into bullshit Republican inquiries, even into court, I mean who can forget the Italian earthquake scientists who were prosecuted for not warning people about earthquakes? it is coming, I have no doubt. Climate scientists and meteorologists will be targeted over the next few years while those responsible, fossil fuel companies and billionaires, will get away free!
stylofone

Post by stylofone »

pipbarber wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2024 8:19 am https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... nformation

Trump lost in 2020 after suggesting covid measures including injecting bleach and shoving lasers up your arse. He's even worse now. If Harris wins, it wouldn't surprise me to hear voters being vox-popped and saying they moved away from Trump because it all started getting TOO crazy. Democrats with a Playstation controller steering hurricanes over Florida, "they're eating the dogs", Musk pogoing like a maniac on stage, etc..

But I agree America is fucked. The crazy people are a minority but fascism is not imposed by majorities, they always conspire, cheat, bomb, shoot, and murder their way into power. So anything could happen.
I can feel it
pipbarber

Post by pipbarber »

The reality removed commitment of the maga rump means that there will almost certainly be extreme political violence in the aftermath of the election regardless of who wins. And don't forget the christian nationalist aspect in all this. Chuck into the pot ideas around martyrdom and what's brewing is some kind of christian domestic terrorist movement.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... list-rally
“I was here at January 6,” said Tami Barthen, an attendee who traveled from Pennsylvania to attend the rally, and who described her experience of Trump supporters carrying out a deadly attack on the US Capitol as profoundly spiritual. “It’s not Democrat versus Republican,” she said. “It’s good versus evil.”
That sounds familiar, almost like 2001.

If Islamic based violence against the west is/was a product of colonialism, a similar process has happened in the US (and elsewhere but especially America) in the form of domestic neoliberal colonialism. After all, the historical strategies, tactics and goals of European colonialism are bizarrely similar to neoliberal economic theory, it's just inflicted on the domestic populace, rather than some distant 'foreign' entity.

They way its seems to me, from my very distant viewpoint, is that the US is already playing out a cold civil war. I think it will likely melt in November.
'The ultimate, hidden truth of the world is that it is something that we make, and could just as easily make differently.' David Graeber
stevebrooks

Post by stevebrooks »

Apparently another assassination attempt, at least police claim it was, and every single time it's a right wing lunatic, it appears there's a pattern emerging. He denies it and claims he's a Trump supporter.

https://imgur.com/gallery/again-mbWem3j

He claims he told police he had the weapons, they were for his own protection and he supports Trump, he's a registered Republican and also according to reports a Sovereign Citizen opposed to government;

https://imgur.com/gallery/another-one-I0QGpU6

It sounds like just an idiot with guns thinking he can just carry them anywhere, and who wouldn't, I mean it's the USA 2nd amendment rights, that's what Republicans are all about right? Will have to wait and see but no doubt it will be all over Fox as another almost assassination on Trump to try and bolster his electoral chances. I mean every time someone gets anywhere near Trump with guns it's always one of them, that is Republican Right Winger, but always portrayed as the left trying to kill Trump, it would be almost funny if it wasn't for the fact it may indeed help Trump get more support!