Bad Language

For anything that doesn't fit anywhere above.
stevebrooks

Re: Bad Language

Post by stevebrooks »

Oops news.com;
Electric flying cars and flying planes are no longer the stuff you see in futuristic fantasies
I'm certainly glad they finally got those planes flying, it was rather awkward driving around them on the roads!

Maybe they should have just left out the word flying before planes, because that's rather implied in the word "planes."

https://www.news.com.au/technology/moto ... d8375f4043
stevebrooks

Post by stevebrooks »

Ok there are several reason to post this, but for now I will put it here because of the HUGE language foulup;
Independent Victorian Liberal MP Moira Deeming, who was defenestrated from the Liberal Party room after attending a rally critical of transgender beliefs, reposted a photo of the “fascist graves are gender neutral toilets” sign to her X account in the late afternoon.
They threw her out the fucking window? Ok while I can see arguments that this might be a bit extreme, it may have been the fastest way to get rid of here, and if it was the ground floor, well not so bad, although I somehow suspect this didn't really happen.

https://www.news.com.au/national/victor ... 9204966a2e
stylofone

Post by stylofone »

The SMH/Age quiz is part of my morning ritual, but they have had a few shockers recently. Yes, the name is meant to sound like "asterisk", but it's NOT the same.
Screenshot 2024-08-19 at 08-29-38 Superquiz Monday August 19.png
Screenshot 2024-08-19 at 08-29-38 Superquiz Monday August 19.png (20.15 KiB) Viewed 209 times
I can feel it
stevebrooks

Post by stevebrooks »

Oh dear;
A teenager has been attacked with a machete by a group of unknown people, who are alleged to have fled the scene.
They are "alleged" to have fled the scene, you mean they weren't standing there waving machetes around when the police were there? But they have only been "alleged" to have fled the scene.

Later in the same article;
The alleged offenders then fled on foot.
I thought they were only alleged to have fled on foot but were definitely the attackers, now they have definitely fled on foot but are now only alleged attackers?

https://www.news.com.au/national/victor ... c1c9b0684c
Loki

Post by Loki »

Not really bad language, buuuut...

I was driving behind a bus and the back of the bus was advertising a brand of pie often found in servos.

The catchy phrase in big letters was "now with more of the finest beef"

And i thought, you know, that really isn't the killer hook you appear to think it is.
two dogs

Post by two dogs »

There's only one "h" in Bathurst!
The standard you walk past is the standard you accept.

David Morrison (1956 -)