Donald Trump

Political issues which help or hinder our society.
nibble

Re: Donald Trump

Post by nibble »

I guess Putin is hoping Trump wins then. But if not, do you think he may withdraw? This election is proving to be so pivotal on so many fronts.
Spiral out ....
stevebrooks

Post by stevebrooks »

nibble wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2024 5:13 pm I guess Putin is hoping Trump wins then. But if not, do you think he may withdraw? This election is proving to be so pivotal on so many fronts.
He may not withdraw but he may stop advancing and try to negotiate to keep what he has already taken, the Ukrainians won't stand for that that though, it's all or nothing for them.

Here's some interesting analysis of the current polls, it shows that my onion that it's not the polls we should be looking at but results of recent elections g is correct, every one seems to be leaning strongly Democrat;

stylofone

Post by stylofone »

stevebrooks wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2024 4:58 pm
nibble wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2024 5:13 pm I guess Putin is hoping Trump wins then. But if not, do you think he may withdraw? This election is proving to be so pivotal on so many fronts.
He may not withdraw but he may stop advancing and try to negotiate to keep what he has already taken, the Ukrainians won't stand for that that though, it's all or nothing for them.

Here's some interesting analysis of the current polls, it shows that my onion that it's not the polls we should be looking at but results of recent elections g is correct, every one seems to be leaning strongly Democrat;

His assessment seems well-argued. There's also the "election Nostadamus", whose methodology is not so clear to me, but the prediction is the same, Harris will win.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-10-10/ ... /104455998
I can feel it
pipbarber

Post by pipbarber »

I think Trump will win, due to violence at polling booths, fake electors and fake votes in the states that decide the election. Trump's four year lie about the 'stolen' election of 2020 will mute democrat protest about real election fraud in 2024. If he isn't declared the winner there'll be a civil war supported by a proportion of uniformed people, assassinations, murder of anyone not obviously maga and the united states will collapse as a viable unified state. If he is elected winner he'll go full fascist and the murder will begin almost immediately.

And now over to Bob for the weather report....
'The ultimate, hidden truth of the world is that it is something that we make, and could just as easily make differently.' David Graeber
stevebrooks

Post by stevebrooks »

pipbarber wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2024 5:20 pm I think Trump will win, due to violence at polling booths, fake electors and fake votes in the states that decide the election. Trump's four year lie about the 'stolen' election of 2020 will mute democrat protest about real election fraud in 2024. If he isn't declared the winner there'll be a civil war supported by a proportion of uniformed people, assassinations, murder of anyone not obviously maga and the united states will collapse as a viable unified state. If he is elected winner he'll go full fascist and the murder will begin almost immediately.

He won't win, but he will claim to have won, he will blame cheating as usual. There will be some violence, but the US has seen some serious civil unrest in the past and it's still here. I don't think there will be a civil war, uniformed people don't matter, but a civil war would need to be supported by governors and the society as a whole.

As for the weather, Trump has seen a very light upturn in some of the polls due to the Hurricanes, but lets be clear, a natural disaster during an election year is always bad for the sitting government, but this upturn is so small as to be the barest tick, and Kamala isn't the sitting President so that dilutes the effect of the news somewhat.
stevebrooks

Post by stevebrooks »

Bit of stuff in this video of how the Republican's are intentionally distorting the poll numbers to make it seem that Trump has a better chance of winning. Basically many new Republican leaning polling companies have appeared that give Trump better numbers while the Dem's haven't done the same, so it appears Trump is gaining ground, but it's the same tactic they used in the 2022 mid-terms where the Republican's expected a red wave;

stylofone

Post by stylofone »

pipbarber wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2024 5:20 pm I think Trump will win, due to violence at polling booths, fake electors and fake votes in the states that decide the election. Trump's four year lie about the 'stolen' election of 2020 will mute democrat protest about real election fraud in 2024. If he isn't declared the winner there'll be a civil war supported by a proportion of uniformed people, assassinations, murder of anyone not obviously maga and the united states will collapse as a viable unified state. If he is elected winner he'll go full fascist and the murder will begin almost immediately.

1935:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/It_Can%27t_Happen_Here
Attachments
ItCantHappenHere.jpg
ItCantHappenHere.jpg (82.78 KiB) Viewed 71 times
I can feel it
pipbarber

Post by pipbarber »

stevebrooks wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2024 9:24 pm
He won't win, but he will claim to have won, he will blame cheating as usual. There will be some violence, but the US has seen some serious civil unrest in the past and it's still here. I don't think there will be a civil war, uniformed people don't matter, but a civil war would need to be supported by governors and the society as a whole.

As for the weather, Trump has seen a very light upturn in some of the polls due to the Hurricanes, but lets be clear, a natural disaster during an election year is always bad for the sitting government, but this upturn is so small as to be the barest tick, and Kamala isn't the sitting President so that dilutes the effect of the news somewhat.
I really hope you're right Steve. We only have 23 days left, and anything could happen between now and then. The wait is interminable. So much is at stake.
'The ultimate, hidden truth of the world is that it is something that we make, and could just as easily make differently.' David Graeber
stevebrooks

Post by stevebrooks »

The hundreds (thousands?) of people stranded in the middle of the desert after his rally in Coachella a few hours walk from their car were stranded because Trump and his campaign refused to pay the coach company, so they just stopped working. Honestly they should never have taken the job on in the first place....everyone knows he doesn't pay his bills, you would have to be an idiot to do work for him. Of course some attendees stranded at the rally were accusing the Mayor of Coachella, and others I suppose, of nefarious activity intended to cast bad light on the idiots who refused to pay their bill.

https://imgur.com/gallery/color-me-shocked-OZmLddy

A quick addendum....this is a so far unconfirmed statement, the story may change.
stylofone

Post by stylofone »

Trump "dancing" for 40 minutes. Next he'll paint the walls with his own shit and they'll call it a campaign event.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... ania-rally
I can feel it