Donald Trump

Political issues which help or hinder our society.
stylofone

Re: Donald Trump

Post by stylofone »

pipbarber wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2024 2:39 pmThere is a remote possibility that the Gop win both houses, the executive and the judiciary (already won). The fourth estate? Fox news and Rupert have that sorted. That's a politics without a power balance. That's not a democracy.
It looks to me like they are on a the road to Gilead. The extremists are emboldened. They are terrifying. Maybe they will miscalculate and start saying more of the quiet bits out loud, scaring apathetic, sleepy voters to come out again like they did in 2020. "Mass Deportation Now" is an example of that.

The Dems also need to bounce back after a Biden withdrawal and recreate the momentum they had in the first Clinton and Obama campaigns.

I'm more certain than ever that Biden is a dead man walking. He'll back down within days. Other than that, it all looks volatile, anything could happen.
I can feel it
stylofone

Post by stylofone »

Medical report. LOL. (It's a joke of course)

I can feel it
stylofone

Post by stylofone »

The orange nutter is ranting on his nazi propaganda platform that Biden never had covid, it was all made up to give him an excuse to get out.. Garbled conspiracy effluent. The geriatric clown (the OLDEST candidate in US Presidential history) doesn't seem to know what to say about Kamala Harris. I just saw a social media post saying she is well positioned to be at the centre of a "coalition of the sane". That's how he will lose.
I can feel it
stylofone

Post by stylofone »

I can't bring myself to elevate the execrable JD Vance with his own thread. Here is an article unmasking him as a technocratic authoritarian. It's mad stuff, so weird that it's hard to put into a soundbite.

Separately, his comments that people who don't have children are miserable childless cat ladies with no direct stake in the future of the country is also doing the rounds today. I think it goes further than the simple misogyny directed at Julia Gillard, because in the same 2021 interview Vance also mentioned Pete Buttigeg. It's a more evolved policy to coerce people to behave as the mandated "traditional woman" and "traditional man" in his neo-fascist fever dream.

https://newrepublic.com/article/183971/ ... rian-ideas

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 84534.html
I can feel it
stylofone

Post by stylofone »

How much more blatant can it get? He already attempted a coup in 2020. Now it sounds like he wants to make 2024 the last election.
Former President Donald Trump urged members of a crowd in Florida to vote and said that if he wins, they “won’t have to vote anymore.”

Speaking at a Turning Point Action event in West Palm Beach on Friday, Trump, who tried to overturn the 2020 election he lost, delivered a cryptic message.

“And again, Christians, get out and vote!” he said to a cheering audience. “Just this time. You won’t have to do it anymore. Four more years. You know what? It’ll be fixed! It’ll be fine! You won’t have to vote anymore, my beautiful Christians. I love you, Christians! I’m a Christian. I love you. Get out. You gotta get out and vote. In four years, you don’t have to vote again.”
https://www.mediaite.com/trump/trump-cr ... -term/amp/
I can feel it
Loki

Post by Loki »

Apparently Trump straight up declaring he'll fix voting is still newsworthy, great.

I find it a bit depressing though that these comments were made while giving a speech at a Turning Point function and that apparently isn't worthy of comment. Just one of those things people do.
stevebrooks

Post by stevebrooks »

And news.com is at it again;
New polling across seven of America’s key swing states shows Donald Trump’s lead has been almost completely “wiped out”, changing the presidential race from a potential landslide in his favour to a toss-up.
It was never a landslide in his favour, it was within error of margin for about every swing state, it''s the usual Trump bias showing I guess. Even now it's still close in all the swing states, I hope to see Harris edge ahead substantially over the next couple of months, but we can only wait and see.

https://www.news.com.au/world/north-ame ... 2bbf8e0c57
stylofone

Post by stylofone »

stevebrooks wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 8:20 pm And news.com is at it again;
New polling across seven of America’s key swing states shows Donald Trump’s lead has been almost completely “wiped out”, changing the presidential race from a potential landslide in his favour to a toss-up.
It was never a landslide in his favour, it was within error of margin for about every swing state, it''s the usual Trump bias showing I guess. Even now it's still close in all the swing states, I hope to see Harris edge ahead substantially over the next couple of months, but we can only wait and see.

I have similar hopes. If anyone was deluded enough to think Trump was changed by his near death experience and was somehow going to soften his stance, they will surely realise their mistake. I thought from the second he raised his clenched fist, he was going to be worse. It's a losing strategy and he has kept it up with black voters.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/art ... ntity-nabj
I can feel it
pipbarber

Post by pipbarber »

They just gotta let him talk, and given his addiction to these idiotic rallies, he'll say whatever the hell pops into his mind, and it's never pretty. I'm feeling optimistic. The change has come not so much from Harris, although she seems to have made a great start, but more from the absence of Biden. The focus seems to have shifted to Trump and his anti-democratic derangement. It may be a weird case of the more exposure Trump gets the worse it will be for him, and as the pressure mounts the more authoritarian he seems to be getting.
'The ultimate, hidden truth of the world is that it is something that we make, and could just as easily make differently.' David Graeber
stevebrooks

Post by stevebrooks »

stylofone wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2024 7:46 am
stevebrooks wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 8:20 pm And news.com is at it again;

I have similar hopes. If anyone was deluded enough to think Trump was changed by his near death experience and was somehow going to soften his stance, they will surely realise their mistake. I thought from the second he raised his clenched fist, he was going to be worse. It's a losing strategy and he has kept it up with black voters.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/art ... ntity-nabj
An epic interview, they just loved the part where Trump said Harris was always and Indian and suddenly decided to turn black and should be investigated for it lol. Well Trump was Democrat and suddenly decided to turn Republican, that was a decision, being an Asian/African US citizen isn't a decision, but then again the right wing has always had a problem discerning the difference between an inborn trait that you have no control over and a conscious decision, maybe one day they will learn, but that was indeed a disaster of an interview. Although to be clear it was an honest interview, he knew what he was going into, his minders did also, it was never going to be a Faux News softball interview and there were going to be hard questions, and now we know why he is backing out of further debates, he simply can't take on Harris.