Joe Biden

Political issues which help or hinder our society.
pipbarber

Re: Joe Biden

Post by pipbarber »

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... beat-trump
Off Topic
You’re not going to defeat the world’s biggest “anti-elite” conman by railing against “elites” in the Democratic party. You’re not going to defeat the world’s biggest liar by being economical with your own actualité. And you’re not going to defeat the world’s biggest gaslighter by gaslighting people in your own way. There’s more than one way to be a hero. Sometimes the greatest legacy is knowing when to walk from the podium.
I relate to the hopeless anger in this article, and its conclusion quoted above.

Of course billionaires and media corporations are happy to focus on Biden's obvious cognitive decline, they were always going to, and that there will be worse to come is almost certain because Biden is too fucking old! There's no point denying it and of course he would be a million times preferable to Trump. He could develop full blown dementia and be preferable to Trump - i'm just not sure that will play out in the 7 states that decide the gig. And yet here we are....just don't mention that Biden is too old? He's too fucking old! He stumbles, he mumbles, he forgets what he's saying, he looks like a corpse. He's too fucking old!

Fuck i hope he wins.
'The ultimate, hidden truth of the world is that it is something that we make, and could just as easily make differently.' David Graeber
stevebrooks

Post by stevebrooks »

The supposed big push against Biden by the Dems, I mean, that's it, that's the big brouhaha, 6 of them, and they think they can roll him at the convention?
Attachments
Biden.png
Biden.png (104.54 KiB) Viewed 277 times
stevebrooks

Post by stevebrooks »

All major media companies are donating to the Trump campaign, this context is useful when you consider why this stuff is happening, it's because they are trying to make Biden lose;

https://imgur.com/gallery/cable-news-li ... et-Mgzo5wc
Wrenn

Post by Wrenn »

Or perhaps another culprit:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/busin ... 235944428/
pipbarber

Post by pipbarber »

It's an intractable problem. Nothing is actually being reported except Joe's slip ups. The morning radio here was replaying his 'Putin' slip minutes after he made it. (In the scheme of things it was nothing, and he quickly corrected himself and yet...). Trump's deranged autocratic menace is basically invisible at this point.

I guess it might be argued that there is only an inconsequential number of undecided voters, such is the division in US politics, and that 99% of people who voted for Biden in 2020 will do so again. Trump is unlikely to have won many new voters. Biden could still win, of course he could. I have to remind myself of that.
'The ultimate, hidden truth of the world is that it is something that we make, and could just as easily make differently.' David Graeber
stylofone

Post by stylofone »

People get old, they decline in their old age, and then they die. Men over 60 die all the time. One of my uni friends was cut down by cancer when he was 51. The word "gaslighting" is overused, but trying to hide this reality of biology is a nasty form of deception, a post-truth ploy almost worthy of Trump's absurd braggadocio of being the healthiest person in the history of the Presidency. Also, the bitterness about Hillary is just pathetic. Biden got his compensation, he's President. One term will have to be enough. Of dear, he thinks he should have two. The rules of biology will not be broken. The transhumanists and the life extension nutters who would have it otherwise have mostly gone over to the Trump side anyway.
The race for the Oval today is between two delusional, selfish, stubborn old guys, and that’s a depressing state of affairs.
As for those D.C. careerists surrounding Biden who a) hid his true condition; b) gaslighted the press for focusing on what they called a nonexistent age issue; c) shielded the president from the truth about his cratering chances of winning; and d) seem to have put their self-interest first?
One way or the other, they’ll probably be out of their jobs soon.
https://www.nytimes.com/2024/07/20/opin ... arris.html

non-paywall link: https://archive.is/0z36X
I can feel it
pipbarber

Post by pipbarber »

Every morning i wake up hoping that Biden has resigned. What a great opportunity he has to do that via complications from covid. Whatever the impact of covid, i sure do hope he doesn't get the brain fog symptom! (That's a cheap shot, i admit, but quite frankly i don't care at this point).

Even if he wins, he'll have to confront 10s of millions heavily armed maga people in revolt mode. He's got the energy and wisdom for that has he? For the next one, two, three, four years?
stylofone

Post by stylofone »

pipbarber wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 8:48 amEvery morning i wake up hoping that Biden has resigned.
That morning has come. I forget which Democrat insider it was a few days ago, saying Biden would go on Sunday, but he was spot on.

I'm actually not too concerned about who is the nominee, they just have to stop Trump. The selection process, however it works, needs to be a part of that effort. American politics is showbiz.

I was reminded recently of Biden's status in 2020, that he was a transitional President, he would serve one term and hand over to a new generation. Then he announced he was going to run again, saying he was the ONLY ONE who could beat Trump. That was his big mistake. But the damage is done, now let's see if they can repair it.
I can feel it
pipbarber

Post by pipbarber »

I'm relieved.

If the person they pick is capable of articulating exactly how deranged and dangerous Trump and his maga madness truly are, the Dems have a better chance of winning, and maybe even winning well.
nibble

Post by nibble »

Dems. in with a fighting chance now :!:
Spiral out ....