Donald Trump

Political issues which help or hinder our society.
stevebrooks

Re: Donald Trump

Post by stevebrooks »

Well it appears that Biden is gaining in battleground states despite the debate, or should I say despite the reporting on the debate, here is an example from news.com;
The Bloomberg News/Morning Consult poll’s findings differ from some national polls, which showed a worsening picture for Biden following the June 27 debate, in which the president gave incoherent answers and appeared to stumble over his words.
Not a mention that nearly every single thing Trump said in the same debate, every claim he made about what he had done and achieved while in office last time, was a lie, nope, not going there! This is one of the reason Biden is polling so badly, but I suspect the polling is wrong as far as voting is concerned. I mean people can approve or disapprove of Biden all they like, and the media is full of it, but that doesn't necessarily translate to votes for Trump. I mean I think Biden is the wrong person and they should have looked for a good new candidate from day one, I am not a US citizen so I can't vote, but just because I think Biden is the wrong person for the job doesn't take away from the fact the "other" person is a lying, cheating, raping, grafting imbecile who would never get my vote no matter what.

While Biden's approval rating may have gone down due to the debate, that's not what wins the election, it's votes, and Biden is still picking them up in the necessary states they need to win.

https://www.news.com.au/world/north-ame ... 25853692df
stylofone

Post by stylofone »

I remember when Reagan won, and I had a strong feeling of imminent global doom. Specifically it was about nuclear war, and I'm inclined to credit Gorbachev for diverting the course of history there. Trumpism is part of Reagan's legacy, its mutant descendant. But it's a new species, and I've got a new feeling of impending disaster.

https://www.smh.com.au/world/north-amer ... 5jsv6.html
I can feel it
stevebrooks

Post by stevebrooks »

Hmm, interesting article;

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/ ... 347776007/
pipbarber

Post by pipbarber »

stevebrooks wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2024 7:50 pm Hmm, interesting article;

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/ ... 347776007/
Pretty strange that USA Today would publish such a disparaging piece. Aren't they traditionally an old school GOP leaning mob? Traditional conservatives? Interesting, if so, and i've never actually enjoyed an article from USA Today before, so that's cool.

Trump's cognitive decline is not as big an issue because he was a bit dim to begin with, so the precipice is nowhere near as steep as Biden's. Trump's cognitive decline is nowhere near as significant as the vile ideology he is the face of. Basically, how the fuck do you discern Trump's cognitive decline from the grifter that stole New York in the 1980s? What needs focus is the plan after his election. That's the pending horror.
'The ultimate, hidden truth of the world is that it is something that we make, and could just as easily make differently.' David Graeber
pipbarber

Post by pipbarber »

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/art ... nnsylvania

They missed! That's a winning photo.
'The ultimate, hidden truth of the world is that it is something that we make, and could just as easily make differently.' David Graeber
stylofone

Post by stylofone »

pipbarber wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 9:44 am https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/art ... nnsylvania

They missed! That's a winning photo.
The look on his bloodied face as he shook his fist at the crowd! He will be even worse now. Then the Biden campaign responds appropriately, condemning violence, suspending activities. Meanwhile Trump Jr goes straight into inflammatory mode, trying to capitalise on it. It's a dark day. When they go low, we get our legs chopped off, as Michelle Obama never said.
I can feel it
stevebrooks

Post by stevebrooks »

It's bizarre that a felon and rapist is even in the race let alone with a chance to win, there's something deeply wrong with America, but here we have Trump negotiating with foreign leaders over a peace deal for Ukraine if/when he gets elected. This is also illegal, in fact the news about the peace deal he discussed with Orban was released on Russian TV, yes Russian, not American. No prizes for correct guesses how he will achieve peace in 24 hours or so he claims. Just give Ukraine to Russia is his plan, withdraw all US support from both NATO and Ukraine, this is the deal he is negotiating while he isn't President, it's basically treason, if you were a private citizen in the US and tried this you would already be in prison.

joele
Site Admin

Post by joele »

mmm, I'm afraid this will do 2 things..

1) Galvanise support for Trump and push a bigger turnout for him at the election.

2) It is going to make him even more insufferable when he is in office, he will be ranting and raving about needing to crack down on the violent/murderous left wing extremists, blah blah blah.. Politically motivated "Law and Order" platform just got cemented and green lit.

Maybe a third outcome - If it turns out the shooter was an immigrant or worse, a non US citizen, we are in for a real shit-show of collective punishment.

I really feel this works heavenly in Trumps favour, I don't want to say it guaranteed his victory, but I am kind of afraid it did, what a fucking mess.
"Now this is the command: Do to the doer to make him do." - The Eloquent Peasant (2040–1650 BCE)

“Religion the protector of the well fed and consoler of the hungry.” - Mikhail Bakunin
stevebrooks

Post by stevebrooks »

joele wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 12:05 pm mmm, I'm afraid this will do 2 things..

1) Galvanise support for Trump and push a bigger turnout for him at the election.

2) It is going to make him even more insufferable when he is in office, he will be ranting and raving about needing to crack down on the violent/murderous left wing extremists, blah blah blah.. Politically motivated "Law and Order" platform just got cemented and green lit.

Maybe a third outcome - If it turns out the shooter was an immigrant or worse, a non US citizen, we are in for a real shit-show of collective punishment.

I really feel this works heavenly in Trumps favour, I don't want to say it guaranteed his victory, but I am kind of afraid it did, what a fucking mess.
Agreed entirely, but the funny thing is, these Trump rallies and events are supposed to be entirely gun free as far as I am aware, how did the gun even get into the rally?
stylofone

Post by stylofone »

stevebrooks wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 12:45 pmAgreed entirely, but the funny thing is, these Trump rallies and events are supposed to be entirely gun free as far as I am aware, how did the gun even get into the rally?
I just read the shooter was reportedly on a rooftop with an AR15 style of weapon. My limited knowledge of such matters suggests this is not the right gun for this purpose. If it was a sniper rifle and the shooter knew how to use it, Trump would be as dead as JFK now.
I can feel it