Joe Biden

Political issues which help or hinder our society.
pipbarber

Re: Joe Biden

Post by pipbarber »

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... beat-trump
Off Topic
You’re not going to defeat the world’s biggest “anti-elite” conman by railing against “elites” in the Democratic party. You’re not going to defeat the world’s biggest liar by being economical with your own actualité. And you’re not going to defeat the world’s biggest gaslighter by gaslighting people in your own way. There’s more than one way to be a hero. Sometimes the greatest legacy is knowing when to walk from the podium.
I relate to the hopeless anger in this article, and its conclusion quoted above.

Of course billionaires and media corporations are happy to focus on Biden's obvious cognitive decline, they were always going to, and that there will be worse to come is almost certain because Biden is too fucking old! There's no point denying it and of course he would be a million times preferable to Trump. He could develop full blown dementia and be preferable to Trump - i'm just not sure that will play out in the 7 states that decide the gig. And yet here we are....just don't mention that Biden is too old? He's too fucking old! He stumbles, he mumbles, he forgets what he's saying, he looks like a corpse. He's too fucking old!

Fuck i hope he wins.
'The ultimate, hidden truth of the world is that it is something that we make, and could just as easily make differently.' David Graeber
stevebrooks

Post by stevebrooks »

The supposed big push against Biden by the Dems, I mean, that's it, that's the big brouhaha, 6 of them, and they think they can roll him at the convention?
Attachments
Biden.png
Biden.png (104.54 KiB) Viewed 119 times
stevebrooks

Post by stevebrooks »

All major media companies are donating to the Trump campaign, this context is useful when you consider why this stuff is happening, it's because they are trying to make Biden lose;

https://imgur.com/gallery/cable-news-li ... et-Mgzo5wc
Wrenn

Post by Wrenn »

Or perhaps another culprit:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/busin ... 235944428/
pipbarber

Post by pipbarber »

It's an intractable problem. Nothing is actually being reported except Joe's slip ups. The morning radio here was replaying his 'Putin' slip minutes after he made it. (In the scheme of things it was nothing, and he quickly corrected himself and yet...). Trump's deranged autocratic menace is basically invisible at this point.

I guess it might be argued that there is only an inconsequential number of undecided voters, such is the division in US politics, and that 99% of people who voted for Biden in 2020 will do so again. Trump is unlikely to have won many new voters. Biden could still win, of course he could. I have to remind myself of that.
'The ultimate, hidden truth of the world is that it is something that we make, and could just as easily make differently.' David Graeber