What shows are you currently watching?

For anything that doesn't fit anywhere above.
stylofone

Re: What shows are you currently watching?

Post by stylofone »

I'm loving the Stax documentary, I cry at the happy parts and the sad parts. Good music docos often do that to me.

Alex Garland's "Civil War" has landed on streaming services or whatever those things are that let you watch things, so my evenings are sorted.
I can feel it
two dogs

Post by two dogs »

I'm quite enjoying Colin from Accounts after northordox put me onto it.

It's an Australian romantic comedy. The main protagonists are married in real life, and they created and scripted the series!

It first aired in 2022, with the second series just now being aired.
The standard you walk past is the standard you accept.

David Morrison (1956 -)
stylofone

Post by stylofone »

House of the Dragon series 2 is rolling out now, it's maintaing the Game of Thrones standard.

I'm also enjoying The Boys. The themes mirroring America's current political divide are more intense than ever. The violence is sometimes too much for me, I have to look away from the screen occasionally, e.g. the lobotomy scene. A lobotomy obviously has symbolic power in these dumbed down times, so it's there for a purpose. Technically it wasn't violent, just gross, come to think of it. But there is also plenty of over-the-top almost Pythonesque gore.

Almost Pythonesque, nothing beats their satirical brilliance.

I can feel it
joele
Site Admin

Post by joele »

Two Eli Steel documentaries, well watched the first and watching the second.

Killing America - Started as a story about Anti-semetism, then anti asian proclivities and then on to the fight to bring back AP (extension) classes in bay area schools (one in particular). Weirdly? they have been removing extension classes for kids ahead of the curve (in American schools) as that is inequality (intelligence segregation within a school), so should we instead hold them all back? or segregate them completely (into different schools)?

How Jack Became Black - About the current wave of race segregation in American, This meant he had to choose which primary and secondary race his son was when enrolling in school and how you cannot refuse to select race (his son is a mix of Jewish, Native American, Mexican, Black and White). Then how that goes on to effect his child's opportunities and should he play the system and choose the race that brings the most benefits at that point in time?

"Now this is the command: Do to the doer to make him do." - The Eloquent Peasant (2040–1650 BCE)

“Religion the protector of the well fed and consoler of the hungry.” - Mikhail Bakunin
stylofone

Post by stylofone »

I'm hardly watching anything at the moment, the TV gets switched off after the 7.30 news, but last week I did a search for release dates and I was pleased to see "Squid Game" and "Severance" are returning in December and January respectively. "Alien Romulus" is the other big one which I watched last night, it was very satisfying. Movie, not show, obviously. I mention it incidentally.
I can feel it