People shit me!

For anything that doesn't fit anywhere above.
two dogs

Re: People shit me!

Post by two dogs »

Arseholes who have a conversation on their mobile phone, in a restaurant with the other party on speaker, loudly! FMD!
The standard you walk past is the standard you accept.

David Morrison (1956 -)
two dogs

Post by two dogs »

two dogs wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:27 pm Arseholes who have a conversation on their mobile phone, in a restaurant with the other party on speaker, loudly! FMD!
I had enough, and loudly exclaimed “do you mind?”, and he immediately switched to listening via the earpiece!

David Morrison (1956 -)
Irrev-Black

Post by Irrev-Black »

two dogs wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:32 pm
two dogs wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:27 pm Arseholes who have a conversation on their mobile phone, in a restaurant with the other party on speaker, loudly! FMD!
I had enough, and loudly exclaimed “do you mind?”, and he immediately switched to listening via the earpiece!
One of these days I'm going to have a kazoo ready in my pocket, so I can play "The Girl From Ipanema", while gazing at my own phone.

"Oh, I'm waiting for the other party, and they don't have music on hold."
Greedy fuckers cannot self-regulate.
Prove me wrong.
Irrev-Black

Post by Irrev-Black »

Was I too harsh, or not quite harsh enough?

Agent who's flogging a place up the road did a targeted legit-mail mass-posting through the area.

The letter (all properly named and addressed, probably courtesy of the council rates listing) included "I'll contact you in the next few days to introduce myself". Unless the agent has my phone number or email (which I would regard as even more invasive), that would mean a walk-up.

I do not like people coming into my yard unbidden.
<BloodyRealEstateAgent>,

Re your unsolicited letter with an offer to visit The Black Tower, 666 Fuggoff St Toontown, and deliver a service:

- No, thanks. I decline, and would ask you to respect the "do not knock" sign displayed on the property.

- I don't think anybody asked to be on your mailing list, so could you please remove my address or flag it "No More Mail"? Likewise, I don't want email or phone contact.

When we need a real estate agent, should that occasion arise, we may remember you. Till then, thanks, and goodbye.

Regards,
<Me>
Prove me wrong.
two dogs

Post by two dogs »

Irrev-Black wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:50 pm Was I too harsh, or not quite harsh enough?

Agent who's flogging a place up the road did a targeted legit-mail mass-posting through the area.

The letter (all properly named and addressed, probably courtesy of the council rates listing) included "I'll contact you in the next few days to introduce myself". Unless the agent has my phone number or email (which I would regard as even more invasive), that would mean a walk-up.

I do not like people coming into my yard unbidden.
<BloodyRealEstateAgent>,

Re your unsolicited letter with an offer to visit The Black Tower, 666 Fuggoff St Toontown, and deliver a service:

- No, thanks. I decline, and would ask you to respect the "do not knock" sign displayed on the property.

- I don't think anybody asked to be on your mailing list, so could you please remove my address or flag it "No More Mail"? Likewise, I don't want email or phone contact.

When we need a real estate agent, should that occasion arise, we may remember you. Till then, thanks, and goodbye.

Regards,
<Me>
I'd say that's about the right amount of harsh! ;)

David Morrison (1956 -)
Irrev-Black

Post by Irrev-Black »

two dogs wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:27 pm
Irrev-Black wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:50 pm Was I too harsh, or not quite harsh enough?
I'd say that's about the right amount of harsh! ;)
I managed to get a jab in without even trying...

Agent being of the female type, I addressed my email to "Ms <Agent>".

Received a curt reply acknowledging my message, signed "MRS <FirstnameAgent>".
Prove me wrong.
two dogs

Post by two dogs »

Drivers who inch forward when stopped at traffic lights and apparently think that they know when the lights are about to change!

And then ...

I'm sorry for the background music skipping from Marvin Gaye to The Coors and Wham, until I found The Eagles and turned up the volume. ;)

David Morrison (1956 -)
two dogs

Post by two dogs »

One of my pet peeves is the speed with which some drivers approach a roundabout, even when it should be obvious that they're going to have to give way to a vehicle already on it.

Of course, I appreciate that modern cars have excellent brakes, but I've watched too many dash cam videos to not be very wary of cars approaching a roundabout at speed!

Being the considerate driver that I am, I attempt to make it quite clear to drivers already on a roundabout that I'm slowing down well before reaching the entrance to it.

So, when I see wankers like this, I usually navigate the roundabout much more slowly than I normally would to deprive them of the second or two they may have thought they were going to gain! 😉

David Morrison (1956 -)
two dogs

Post by two dogs »

I'm buggered if I know how some people pass their driving test! :roll:

Why in the fuck did the driver of the silver car in front of me think that they had to move so far to the left before making a right-hand turn?

I'm kinda used to dick-head drivers doing the inexplicable slight swerve in the opposite direction before making a turn, but that was at a fuckin' level I'd not seen before! ;)

It probably seemed more egregious to me after observing that the driver of the white car in front of them moved to the left before making the left-hand turn; many drivers don't even bother to do that, turning from close to the centre dividing line.

People shit me.

David Morrison (1956 -)