May The Door Hit Scummo's Arse Hard On His Way Out

Political issues which help or hinder our society.
Irrev-Black

Re: May The Door Hit Scummo's Arse Hard On His Way Out

Post by Irrev-Black »

Gorn!

Crikey's Bernard Keane sums up.
It's all about human dignity, says Scott Morrison as he leaves Parliament. If only he'd ever had a chance to practise that.
https://www.crikey.com.au/2024/02/27/sc ... etirement/
Greedy fuckers cannot self-regulate.
Prove me wrong.
stylofone

Post by stylofone »

I turned on the radio in the car just as he was spewing forth in his farewell (yay) speech, about how democracy, human rights and capitalism are "Judeo-Christian" inventions. Such a load of post-truth garbage, and consistent with the current mania for theocracy and bigotry.
I can feel it
pipbarber

Post by pipbarber »

He's really just a protestant dumfuck that thinks 'success' is proof of god's favor. It's so fucking stupid, but whatever. The problems happen when these dimwitted egotists acquire political power, then half the polity, the less 'successful' half, are completely fucked...because god doesn't love them and that's their problem, not the government's. Christianity! LOL

I'm so glad he's out of parliament, and the whole country. The average measure of everything that is good about the Australian population will increase very slightly when he leaves for the US, hopefully he'll be gone forever.
'The ultimate, hidden truth of the world is that it is something that we make, and could just as easily make differently.' David Graeber
Irrev-Black

Post by Irrev-Black »

SMH article gives a brief scrape on how Scummo's filthy little self-worshiping religion tainted his career.

https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/politi ... 5f60m.html
Prove me wrong.
stylofone

Post by stylofone »

Reading about his creepy weirdness brings out my inner angry atheist. I just want to lay down a baseline here. With everything we know about the universe, it's become crystal clear and we should be allowed to say it: there is no god. I grudgingly add the qualification, "insofar as we can say with certainty that there is no anything". But the niceties of epistemology have really been overdone. Belief in god can fuck off. Tell the children, tell the Pope, tell the people on their deathbeds. It's only reality, it's what we all live in, and if you believe otherwise, you are a bit of a fool. Or a lot of a fool.

My other thing I want to say is this: Christianity is stupid. Jesus, as presented in the literature, was a bad person. He pretended to do miracles, he claimed that god not only exists (see previous paragraph) but also said he had a special hotline to god and the only way to get in on the call was to JOIN MY FUCKING CULT. Other people who have made similar claims in more recent times include David Koresh, The Little Pebble, Sai Baba, Joseph Smith, and any number of child-raping cult maniacs. Jesus was a self-promoting mind-controlling lying cult founder, he is a villain of history in my assessment.

We live in a free society and you can believe otherwise if you like, but you should be ashamed of it. It should be the norm for sensible people to be appalled by it, and it should be impossible for deluded clowns like Scummo to get anywhere near a leadership position.
I can feel it
Irrev-Black

Post by Irrev-Black »

stylofone wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:51 pm Reading about his creepy weirdness brings out my inner angry atheist. I just want to lay down a baseline here.
(SNIP)
Point is, I could probably delve into those red words in that same bible Scummo supposedly follows (and the red bits are supposedly quotes from JC his-self) and refute the Scummo mentality a couple of dozen times over.

It takes a certain type of mind to make a dominionist, and fairness, mercy, and a good deal of self-examination are among the first things to be disinvited for the trip.
Prove me wrong.
Irrev-Black

Post by Irrev-Black »

Nobody signed the farewell card; not even Scummo's five secret ministerial alter-egos.
In a Fitting Tribute to Scott Morrison, His Farewell Dinner Has Been Announced but Will Not Be Implemented
https://theshovel.com.au/2024/03/15/sco ... plemented/
Prove me wrong.
Irrev-Black

Post by Irrev-Black »

So, he's shilling the book now.
herbert.jpg
herbert.jpg (134.12 KiB) Viewed 563 times
I will take a strong anti-emetic, read, and report back, soon as a no-pay option to look at this non-masterpiece pops up.
Prove me wrong.
stevebrooks

Post by stevebrooks »

It's curious, we are currently getting a lot of flack from the opposition about Albanese, I mean he's not a perfect person, politics almost guarantees that, you can't get anywhere in politics by just being a good person, he's going to make mistakes, he's going to sometimes change his position due to expediency and not ethics, yet the Opposition raised to power probably the two or three worst politicians of modern times....are peoples memories that short?

The last few leaders of the Opposition have not been distinguished by their quality of character or power of personality, but by their blandness and willingness to bend to the winds of political expediency even in direct opposition to their publicly held beliefs, but that's what you get when there are no actual exceptional people in politics on either side, at least not exceptional in the right direction anyway. Progressive thinking doesn't seem to count for much these days.
Irrev-Black

Post by Irrev-Black »

Here is a link to a review of Scummo's book, which may save you the trouble of bothering with the book itself.
Gentle reader of Inside Story, Scott Morrison’s Plans for Your Good is not addressed to you. Its spelling is American, Anzac Day is glossed as “like Memorial Day in the United States,” and many of the significant events an Australian follower of politics might expect to read about do not appear.

The book is really a testament to God’s plan for Scott Morrison, who wanders through the world making a few mistakes but always trying to love others and attend to God’s commands through scripture and through prayer. Biblical figures outnumber people Scott has actually met in its dramatis personae, and the targeted reader is an American evangelical with a need for Christian encouragement and — beyond a warm memory of Crocodile Dundee — little knowledge of Australia. As I write its author is in the United States spruiking the book to them.

After speaking in many tongues all his career (as politicians tend to do), Morrison comes out in Plans for your Good as fluent in evangelical. To an outsider, it is not an appealing dialect, and tends not to be concrete on any detail that lacks devotional purpose. Some passages of homiletic cliché might have been generated by an evangelical instance of ChatGPT. So the question I struggle with is whether this is the real ScoMo, or whether it is a pitch to the next mob who might support his career trajectory. Brother Scott or still Scotty from Marketing?
For us suspicious bastards, it is interesting that his chief lieutenants in party matters, Alex Hawke and Stuart Robert, scrape into the book only in the acknowledgements. To bring them into the plot he might have had to mention party matters, “on water matters” and the robodebt controversy, all of which would be hard to square with his humble approach to humanity: “If you see the dignity and worth of another person, the beating heart in front of you, in all its complexity, you are less likely to disrespect them.” I hope no victims of relentless, systematic othering among asylum seekers or welfare recipients get far enough into the book to read this. It would not be good for their health.

And similarly for women. “Jen and the girls” bulk large, and I am willing to believe that Morrison is a faithful and affectionate husband and parent. The trouble is that almost no other women feature in the book and, apart from Jen, they do or decide almost nothing. This is an intensely and, I suspect, unconsciously patriarchal vision of action in the world.
Kidney-dishes are available at the rear of the hall. Thank you for your time.

https://insidestory.org.au/hes-not-the- ... -morrison/
Prove me wrong.