Donald Trump

Political issues which help or hinder our society.
Irrev-Black

Re: Donald Trump

Post by Irrev-Black »

stevebrooks wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:30 pm (SNIP)

I mean I am sure he can afford another court case, he's a billionaire right?
Can his unpaid lawyers afford another dud invoice?
Greedy fuckers cannot self-regulate.
Prove me wrong.
pipbarber

Post by pipbarber »

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... ches-bible

Trump's bible includes the US constitution! One could get all dark and sinister over christian-fascism, or just marvel at the endless ongoing grift.
'The ultimate, hidden truth of the world is that it is something that we make, and could just as easily make differently.' David Graeber
stevebrooks

Post by stevebrooks »

Breaking news, Mr Hanky now owns Donald Trump. No, no, not Mr Hanky the Christmas Poo, Mr Hanky the Californian subprime mortgage lender and owner of Axios bank which holds the 100m loan on Trump tower and who knows what else, because he has underwritten Trump's 175m bond!

I mean fall about laughing, most of the USA has, Mr Hanky is a provider pf money to high risk borrowers so I suppose it makes sense, you don't get much more high risk than Donald Trump!

stylofone

Post by stylofone »

stevebrooks wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:11 pm Breaking news, Mr Hanky now owns Donald Trump. No, no, not Mr Hanky the Christmas Poo, Mr Hanky the Californian subprime mortgage lender and owner of Axios bank which holds the 100m loan on Trump tower and who knows what else, because he has underwritten Trump's 175m bond!

I mean fall about laughing, most of the USA has, Mr Hanky is a provider pf money to high risk borrowers so I suppose it makes sense, you don't get much more high risk than Donald Trump!

Last night I watched the CNN show "2020: The Year That Changed Everything". It really brought home the outrage of Trump's criminality and viciousness and the peril we are in.
I can feel it
Irrev-Black

Post by Irrev-Black »

Certain essential data missing from Don The Con's paperwork.
A review of the New York County Supreme Court docket on Wednesday shows that paperwork for former President Donald Trump‘s newly-secured bond of $175 million was temporarily rejected and “returned for correction.”

The cause for the rejection, according to the New York County Supreme Court website, is because the requisite paperwork lacked a current financial statement.

This was first noted by New York attorney Jeffrey Levine in a post on X, formerly Twitter.

It is also missing the name of his attorney-in-fact. Trump will have a chance to resubmit his request.

An attorney for the former president did not immediately respond to a request for comment to Law&Crime.

As Law&Crime previously reported, Trump secured a bond of $175 million thanks to Knight Insurance Company of California. Owner Don Hankey was effusive in his praise of Trump after the bond secured, calling himself a “supporter.” But Hankey was less clear about whether Trump used bonds as collateral for the final amount.
https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile/re ... t-bounced/
Greedy fuckers cannot self-regulate.
Prove me wrong.
stevebrooks

Post by stevebrooks »

Further news on Trump, Truth Social, that money....umm losing tech company that tanked so hard on the market, was kept afloat in 2022 by loans from a Russian-American Businessman who is currently under investigation for money laundering. Probably through the bank he owns in the Dominican Republic...whoops, everywhere you look at Trump dealings it eventually lands in some Russian's lap, funny that!

It's early days yet and the story is still developing, let's see where it goes!

stevebrooks

Post by stevebrooks »

Irrev-Black wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:22 am Certain essential data missing from Don The Con's paperwork.
A review of the New York County Supreme Court docket on Wednesday shows that paperwork for former President Donald Trump‘s newly-secured bond of $175 million was temporarily rejected and “returned for correction.”

The cause for the rejection, according to the New York County Supreme Court website, is because the requisite paperwork lacked a current financial statement.

This was first noted by New York attorney Jeffrey Levine in a post on X, formerly Twitter.

It is also missing the name of his attorney-in-fact. Trump will have a chance to resubmit his request.

An attorney for the former president did not immediately respond to a request for comment to Law&Crime.

As Law&Crime previously reported, Trump secured a bond of $175 million thanks to Knight Insurance Company of California. Owner Don Hankey was effusive in his praise of Trump after the bond secured, calling himself a “supporter.” But Hankey was less clear about whether Trump used bonds as collateral for the final amount.
https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile/re ... t-bounced/
Interesting news today, it seems the company putting up the bond doesn't meet the New York courts requirements for a bonding agent, in other words they don't actually have the money to put forward for the bond, this is why there were no financial documents filed, the financial documents would have revealed immediately they were ineligible to stand for the bond! Just another delaying tactic by the orange turd!

stevebrooks

Post by stevebrooks »

Ooh ah, how to even explain this. Two men charged with insider trading in Trump media shares, apparently had a plant on the board of Digital Acquisitions to pass information on. Russian Oligarch nephew provides funds to stop it collapsing from bank in Dominica. One of the men charged with insider trading appointed to position on bank board. Trump suing founders, founders suing Trump, shares tanking, what a shit hole, but then it involves Trump so that's a given!

stevebrooks

Post by stevebrooks »

Trump's plan to end way in Ukraine, give Russia everything it has already conquered.
According toThe Washington Post, Mr Trump currently plans to pressure Ukraine into ceding Crimea and the Donbas, a region in the eastern part of the country, to Russia as part of a deal to end the war.

Russia already occupies this territory.

Mr Trump’s advisers, and others who have discussed the issue with him, spoke to the newspaper on condition of anonymity, given they were not authorised to do so.

They claim that, privately, the former president has said both countries involved in the conflict “want to save face” and “want a way out”. He reportedly believes people in the areas specified would be amenable to being absorbed into Vladimir Putin’s Russia.
The appeasement of authoritarians and dictators has clear historic evidence that this is the stupidest thing to do, they will just want more and once you appease once, well you are seen as weak and unable to fight them, therefore they can take whatever they want.

https://www.news.com.au/world/north-ame ... 47fc1b4aa5
pipbarber

Post by pipbarber »

50 potential jurors in the upcoming hush money trial claim they can't be impartial toward Trump, or so the radio is reporting. Is there anyone in America that could honestly claim an impartial or neutral attitude toward the orange sputum? I'd not trust anyone who made such a claim, especially if it were true. I mean, if you live in 'merica and have 'no opinion' on Trump you're probably a lunatic.

Makes me wonder if a jury trial is entirely appropriate for someone like Trump.
'The ultimate, hidden truth of the world is that it is something that we make, and could just as easily make differently.' David Graeber