Bridge Down in Baltimore

Post here with any news report you want to discuss.
stevebrooks

Bridge Down in Baltimore

Post by stevebrooks »

Bridge down. A bridge in Baltimore has collapsed completely, the footage is terrifying, they say 7 missing, but that's probably an understatement;
“All lanes closed both directions for incident on I-695 Key Bridge. Traffic is being detoured,” Maryland Transportation Authority said in a post on X..
Well yes of course all lanes are closed, the fucking bridge is gone, where do they get these people!

https://www.news.com.au/world/north-ame ... 350441629f
stylofone

Re: Bridge Down in Baltimore

Post by stylofone »

I just saw this... from the great drama about Baltimore, "The Wire". It was already a bad disaster, now the metaphor makes it worse!

03e6b637b48cc7a7.jpg
03e6b637b48cc7a7.jpg (176.47 KiB) Viewed 544 times
I can feel it
stylofone

Post by stylofone »

The creator of the Wire already had my utmost respect. Now I just read this in the SMH.
Baltimore legend takes on conspiracists
By Michael Idato

American screenwriter David Simon fired a broadside at Georgia congresswoman Marjorie Taylor Greene earlier today for trying to twist the Baltimore bridge collapse story into a conspiracy theory.

“Is this an intentional attack or an accident?” Taylor Greene posted on social media, ignoring the fact that police had already confirmed the container ship had sent out a distress call prior to the collision.

“Are you intentional or just an accident? You complete submoronic pratfall of a human being,” Simon shot back at her.

Though he was born in nearby Washington DC, Simon is considered one of Baltimore’s most successful sons, having worked at The Baltimore Sun newspaper for 12 years. He also created The Wire, the critically acclaimed drama which explored Baltimore’s government bureaucracy, media, port system and drug trade.

Taylor Greene is a controversial and divisive figure in US politics, known for pushing conspiracy theories about COVID-19 and the 9/11 terrorist attacks and referring to evolution as a “type of so-called science”.

The 64-year-old journalist and screenwriter spent several hours tackling conspiracy theorists on social media, before giving up.

“Time for bed and I’ve wasted a day arguing with seemingly every useless, part-of-the-problem, I-know-half-of-this-story shitmonger on this hellscape of a platform,” Simon said.
I can feel it
stevebrooks

Post by stevebrooks »

stylofone wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:34 am The creator of the Wire already had my utmost respect. Now I just read this in the SMH.
Baltimore legend takes on conspiracists
By Michael Idato

American screenwriter David Simon fired a broadside at Georgia congresswoman Marjorie Taylor Greene earlier today for trying to twist the Baltimore bridge collapse story into a conspiracy theory.

“Is this an intentional attack or an accident?” Taylor Greene posted on social media, ignoring the fact that police had already confirmed the container ship had sent out a distress call prior to the collision.

“Are you intentional or just an accident? You complete submoronic pratfall of a human being,” Simon shot back at her.

Though he was born in nearby Washington DC, Simon is considered one of Baltimore’s most successful sons, having worked at The Baltimore Sun newspaper for 12 years. He also created The Wire, the critically acclaimed drama which explored Baltimore’s government bureaucracy, media, port system and drug trade.

Taylor Greene is a controversial and divisive figure in US politics, known for pushing conspiracy theories about COVID-19 and the 9/11 terrorist attacks and referring to evolution as a “type of so-called science”.

The 64-year-old journalist and screenwriter spent several hours tackling conspiracy theorists on social media, before giving up.

“Time for bed and I’ve wasted a day arguing with seemingly every useless, part-of-the-problem, I-know-half-of-this-story shitmonger on this hellscape of a platform,” Simon said.
It's big news now, Newsmax is parading theories everywhere, the prime one at the moment is that the disaster is due to...wait for it....Biden's border policies on immigration, yes you read that right, the bridge is down due to the border problem! Also, Covid lock downs and drugs, apparently. Oh, and Mexico....I guess because Mexico exists or something!

Irrev-Black

Post by Irrev-Black »

stevebrooks wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:51 pm (SNIPPO)

It's big news now, Newsmax is parading theories everywhere, the prime one at the moment is that the disaster is due to...wait for it....Biden's border policies on immigration, yes you read that right, the bridge is down due to the border problem! Also, Covid lock downs and drugs, apparently. Oh, and Mexico....I guess because Mexico exists or something!

I'm not going to dignify the eejit who initially posted it in Birdshite, but somebody claimed it was because the captain of the vessel was "a black lesbian, hired for diversity so she'd look good in photos", or words to that effect.

Monkeys be flinging poo without bothering to check its origin or consistency.
Greedy fuckers cannot self-regulate.
Prove me wrong.
stylofone

Post by stylofone »

Irrev-Black wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:05 pmI'm not going to dignify the eejit who initially posted it in Birdshite, but somebody claimed it was because the captain of the vessel was "a black lesbian, hired for diversity so she'd look good in photos", or words to that effect.
If anything bad happens, just blame it on immigrants/blacks/jews/gays. MAGA is no longer crypto fascist, it's all out in the open now. Scary times.
I can feel it
stylofone

Post by stylofone »

Apparently the cops on the overnight shift heard the mayday, and decided to close the bridge. They had four minutes to do it before the bridge collapsed. By the time they had the road closed, one of the cops said, "right, now I'm going to drive onto the bridge and warn the maintenance workers who are on the overnight pothole repair shift". But it was too late, before he could get there the bridge was gone. But getting the road closed was impressive in itself. As for those low-lives trying to find fault to promote for their own hateful agendas (diversity! immigrants!)... fuck you. That is the general gist of this thread and it's hard to disagree.

Oh, not mentioned in the thread, the six workers who died were all immigrants, from Honduras, Mexico, El Salvador, Guatemala. My rage against those MAGA fascists has gone up a notch.

https://mstdn.social/@JamesWNeal/112169779767722801
I can feel it
stevebrooks

Post by stevebrooks »

Breaking news, Republican's in congress are refusing to provide funds for the Baltimore Bridge Repair. One congressperson wants the required money, over 2 billion, to come out of Biden's infrastructure fund, all of which has already been allocated, another wants funds earmarked for EV promotion to be used to fix the bridge, that is nowhere near enough to actually do the job. MTG in particular wants an investigation started to find out if it was a terrorist attack, which it should be pointed out has nothing to do with actually repairing the bridge, that would need to be done even if it was terrorist attack, so that makes o sense at all.

It appears it's all about a democrat city full of brown people with a brown mayor, DEI is being bandied about by Republican's, as if that has anything to do with the situation, and they wonder why the public tide is starting to turn against them, this refusal by Republicans should be front and center news.