USA Far Right Watch

Political issues which help or hinder our society.
stylofone

Re: USA Far Right Watch

Post by stylofone »

stevebrooks wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:50 pmThere are some indicators that this exact moment is a tipping point.
My view of the US changed when Trump won in 2016, I now see it as a shithole country, and it will take a lot for it to be removed from that category. If he wins again I think it will be extremely bad for the whole world because he's worse now. I'll have to see if there's a category worse than shithole. Trump popularised the term, it's only appropriate that it gets thrown back in his face.
I can feel it
stevebrooks

Post by stevebrooks »

stevebrooks wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:37 pm Dem flips seat in Alabama by running on protecting reproductive rights, who could have predicted that?

This is the same seat she ran for last time an election was held and she lost, this time she won, and not by a little bit;
Lands, a licensed professional counselor, flipped the seat from red to blue by besting Powell, a Madison city councilman, 62 percent to 38 percent with 100percent of the precincts in District 10 reporting, according to unofficial results posted on the Alabama Secretary of State’s Office website.
Just a little point, the sitting Republican member resigned after being found guilty of illegally voting, oh what a surprise. Also after some research I discover that he won the seat %52 to %45 in November, that is such a huge swing it's almost unbelievable, and this is Alabama, the deep heart of the Republican party!

https://www.al.com/news/huntsville/2024 ... -seat.html
Interesting follow up to this, the pre-election polls by both parties were massively incorrect. Dem polls showed lamb with a possible 3 point lead, close enough to margin or error that it was considered almost a dead heat. But let's just put that in perspective, the Dem poll was actually the more accurate poll of the two despite being 10 points out. The Rep poll was so remarkably bad you have to wonder how they got it so wrong. The Rep internal polling put their candidate clear 11 points ahead of lamb, which means they had an error in polling of close to 50 points! That's remarkable even for a partisan polling organisation. So any Rep polls should be looked at with distrust, they obviously have no idea what they are doing.
stevebrooks

Post by stevebrooks »

I posted some polls the other week and mentioned that polls may take a week or so to catch up with events, well what a week it has been!
stevebrooks wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:50 pmThe recent Alabama local election as mentioned above may be significant if the swing is that large in one of the deepest red states in the country. Polls will probably take a few days to a week to catch up to events.
The generic poll is the one I am currently interested in, this one.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/po ... llot/2024/

It sat on a percentage point either way for a week, swapping between the two, but now things are indeed catching up, yesterday the swing was .3% to democrat, today it's .5% to democrat. Note the polling groups McLaughlin and Associates that I felt was biased towards Republican's still has the same rating, +5 to Republican's, hasn't moved a single point, so the gains by Democrats are probably actually higher. Mind you it's still it's within the error margin, the next few days should be interesting.
stylofone

Post by stylofone »

We can't say we weren't warned.
EhPN3gXXYAUmV8d.jpeg
EhPN3gXXYAUmV8d.jpeg (176.18 KiB) Viewed 879 times
I can feel it
stevebrooks

Post by stevebrooks »

Lets just pop this here, a poll posted by the economist, see that nice blue line just climbing and climbing and then compare it to the red flatline, just got to hope that blue line keeps on climbing, and I don't see why it shouldn't;

stevebrooks

Post by stevebrooks »

It just ever seems to end, it's getting to the point that every elected Republican should be thoroughly vetted before allowed to stand or take their seat, they all appear to corrupt and, well, just plain evil that it appears only a matter of time until they are revealed as what they are.
Republican Rep. Jon Stone’s New Hampshire law enforcement career ended when he threatened to kill fellow police officers in a shooting spree, and murder his chief after raping the chief’s wife and children, all while he was already under scrutiny for his inappropriate relationship with a teen girl, according to the internal investigation reports finally released this week.
So what's he doing now?
After Stone was terminated from the department, he appealed through the police union mediation process and came to an agreement with the department and city. In exchange for leaving his position and giving up his certification to be a police officer in New Hampshire, the department would purge his personnel file of the internal affairs reports. The department complied with the agreement, but kept copies of the reports separately in its internal affairs records.

Stone currently sits on the House Criminal Justice and Public Safety Committee. After leaving police work, Stone got a job as a prison guard in Vermont, and he started a business selling guns in Claremont.
So after all that he now sits on the "House Criminal Justice and Public Safety Committee?" He has a fucking gun shop? Are they all stupid?

https://indepthnh.org/2024/04/05/docume ... stigation/
stevebrooks

Post by stevebrooks »

McLaughlin and Associates whom I have mentioned before in regards to polls, seem to have become even more extreme as the majority of polls tilt towards Biden, they now give Trump +6 compared to +5 they had previously rated him. Curiously I also previously mentioned they showed Newsmax headlines on their front page we seemed to indicate a bias towards the right, suddenly a red mark appeared next to their entry in the polling list to indicate that only are they right leaning, but are actually Republican Funded!

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/po ... llot/2024/

You will need to select "show more polls" in the box below the graph to actually get to them now. It's certainly curious that red mark wasn't there in previous poll periods, very curious indeed. It's probably these extreme biased polls that are holding back that rising blue line there, while of course some polls may be Democrat biased, none have shown the extreme lean these Republican funded polls do, with the highest plus rating for Biden at +3.
stevebrooks

Post by stevebrooks »

Absolutely determined to return to the middle ages:
A Louisiana House committee voted Thursday to repeal a law requiring employers to give child workers lunch breaks and to cut unemployment benefits — part of a push by Republicans to remove constraints on employers and reduce aid for injured and unemployed workers.

The House Labor and Industrial Relations panel advanced the child labor legislation, House Bill 156, along with House Bill 119, which would slash the amount of time for which people can collect unemployment aid. A third bill the committee approved, House Bill 529, would change how workers' compensation wages are calculated in ways that could reduce benefits received by some injured laborers.
Not only make child labour, but then make it a form of slavery where the employees have carte blanche to do any fucked up shit they want, no they should be voting for more protection, and there shouldn't be any such thing as "child workers," is this some sort of third world country where children have to work for 12 hours a day just to get enough to eat? Oh sorry, US south of course!

https://www.nola.com/news/politics/legi ... 6107a.html
joele
Site Admin

Post by joele »

stevebrooks wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:06 pm Absolutely determined to return to the middle ages:
I love how they said re lunch breaks that they would actually stay as "the free market will ensure workers are treated fairly".

cool story.. invisible hand strikes again. :roll:
"Now this is the command: Do to the doer to make him do." - The Eloquent Peasant (2040–1650 BCE)

“Religion the protector of the well fed and consoler of the hungry.” - Mikhail Bakunin
pipbarber

Post by pipbarber »

joele wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:34 pm
stevebrooks wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:06 pm Absolutely determined to return to the middle ages:
I love how they said re lunch breaks that they would actually stay as "the free market will ensure workers are treated fairly".

cool story.. invisible hand strikes again. :roll:
The invisible hand that feeds workers invisible food that goes along with their invisible rights while, presumably, everyone prays to their invisible gods!

All i can see is collective delusion....
'The ultimate, hidden truth of the world is that it is something that we make, and could just as easily make differently.' David Graeber