Donald Trump

Political issues which help or hinder our society.
Irrev-Black

Re: Donald Trump

Post by Irrev-Black »

stevebrooks wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 3:00 pm When asked about the size discrepancy of his penthouse, which he claimed was 30,000 sq feet but was only 10,000, he claimed, w"ell it could be if you included the lift shaft and other stuff," and I mean what idiot claims the lift shaft is actually part of a livable penthouse?
2 times the floor area in ancillary systems? Pull the other, Clowny.
Greedy fuckers cannot self-regulate.
Prove me wrong.
stevebrooks

Post by stevebrooks »

Irrev-Black wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 3:58 pm
stevebrooks wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 3:00 pm When asked about the size discrepancy of his penthouse, which he claimed was 30,000 sq feet but was only 10,000, he claimed, w"ell it could be if you included the lift shaft and other stuff," and I mean what idiot claims the lift shaft is actually part of a livable penthouse?
2 times the floor area in ancillary systems? Pull the other, Clowny.
He was probably including the square footage of the outside walls of the penthouse in that calculation, I mean it's still part of the penthouse right?

In other news, 4 days ago Trump was touting Cameron of Kentucky for Governor, sweeping endorsement, praise for being such a good candidate and not being a McConnell/Romney man and perfect for the job, then Cameron lost the election, guess what he thinks of Cameron now? No need to guess, we all know he doesn't like losers!!!!

Irrev-Black

Post by Irrev-Black »

Irrev-Black wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 2:07 pm
stevebrooks wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 1:28 pm As an example lets put this here;

It wouldn't be beyond the realm of possibility that we're seeing some form of dementia expressed here.
Again... dementia?

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-11-12/ ... /103095922
Prove me wrong.
pipbarber

Post by pipbarber »

Here's a scary thought, the first primary vote (Ohio caucus) is 60 days away. Trump will almost certainly win it. The circus roles on.
'The ultimate, hidden truth of the world is that it is something that we make, and could just as easily make differently.' David Graeber
stylofone

Post by stylofone »

pipbarber wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 8:08 am Here's a scary thought, the first primary vote (Ohio caucus) is 60 days away. Trump will almost certainly win it. The circus roles on.
I worry that Biden will have a disastrous Mitch McConnell style "senior moment", and it will define his campaign. Or maybe he'll just drop dead. But this morning as I read of the death of Trump's older sister, I was again contemplating the possibility that the orange entity might collapse from some very common affliction men his age are vulnerable to. Then I started speculating about the conspiracy theories that would surely follow - Trump was murdered, Trump was kidnapped and he's still alive, Trump will emerge from the tomb on the third day hand-in-hand with Jesus. I wish it was funny. Well, it is, but the fun is really soured as we contemplate the insanity spreading everywhere these days.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... barry-dead
I can feel it
Irrev-Black

Post by Irrev-Black »

Better hope Clowny dies.

https://kolektiva.social/deck/@georgeta ... 6264786319

https://kolektiva.social/@georgetakei@u ... 7325524356
Prove me wrong.
pipbarber

Post by pipbarber »

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... mp-warning

It's all very well for these legal boffins to argue that Trump can't be president again, their arguments certainly seem rational and logical. Last night i read an Einstein quote referring to a fellow physicist of his, he said, 'he's extremely intelligent but like many intelligent people he overestimates the power of rational thought.'

Beside the fact that the SCOTUS will decide if Trump can run again (and look who sits on that court) and beside the fact that there is less than year until the election, banning Trump from running would produce a whole different set of problems that their deified constitution might not be much use for.

This idea that Trump is the sole problem, and that getting rid of him would solve everything is very much a case of overestimating the power of rational thought, or in this case, the power of legal analysis.

In a post fact world, it seems at best quaint to defer to facts and rational arguments to counter Maga theory, at worst it's just deluded. Or so it seems to me.
'The ultimate, hidden truth of the world is that it is something that we make, and could just as easily make differently.' David Graeber
stevebrooks

Post by stevebrooks »

So much for gag orders, Trump is encouraging citizens to arrest the judge and prosecutor;
Former President Donald Trump on Tuesday reposted a Truth Social post calling for a "citizen's arrest" of New York Attorney General Letitia James and Judge Arthur Engoron, who is overseeing his fraud trial. Trump shared a post by a user describing his "fantasy": "I WOULD LIKE TO SEE LITITIA JAMES AND JUDGE ENGORON PLACED UNDER CITIZENS ARREST FOR BLATANT ELECTION INTERFERENCE AND HARASSMENT."
It's clear that there is no basis for a citizens arrest even though such an act is legal in the state, in fact a citizen's arrest can only be performed if another citizen is witnessed performing a felony, so even though it's legal to do so in the state of NY, in this case it would be a crime because no felony is being committed;
"Just in case anyone is taking such a statement as more than a fantasy, there is no basis for a citizen’s arrest and such an effort to physically hold either the judge or the attorney general would most certainly constitute a criminal act."
There are plenty of people not happy with the existing law;
New York state Sen. Mike Gianaris, a Democrat who previously pushed to change the law, argued that the statute allowing for a citizen's arrest should be eliminated. "Citizen's Arrest is bonkers to begin with, and it shouldn't be used by aspirational despots to go after perceived enemies. We must get rid of it once and for all,"
https://www.yahoo.com/news/actual-incit ... a6OC0JaJP1
Irrev-Black

Post by Irrev-Black »

Cuckoo?
He has repeatedly confused Biden and Obama, even calling Obama the current president. Doctors often ask stroke victims who is the current president to test mental acuity. We all misspeak. But put this in the context of many other indicia of cognitive decline.

Trump doesn’t know where he is. On the stump in Sioux City, Iowa, he said hello to Sioux Falls, which is in South Dakota. Okay, not that big a deal. Of course, his aides later said the teleprompter got it wrong. I wonder whether the aides are still in his employ. Perhaps they are moving boxes in Mar-a-Lago.

Misidentifying world leaders. He described Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orban, whom he admires, as the “great leader of Turkey.” Recep Tayyip Erdogan is authoritarian like Orban but with an Islamic hue rather than a Christian nationalist drag. Trump has said that Hungary shares a border with Russia. Seven countries border Hungary, but not Russia.

Referring to Kim Jong-Un, the hereditary dictator who rules North Korea, Trump said he was in charge of a country of 1.4 billion people, obviously confusing the Hermit Kingdom of 26 million with the Middle Kingdom of 1.4 billion.

But it’s not just misidentification. It’s the cadence and slurring of speech, too. Trump is having trouble with names. “On purpose” came out as “on perfect.” Adherents of Karl Marx came out as “markers,” not Marxists. He warned that Biden is drifting us into World War II.
Perhaps it's time for a padded cell called Mar-a-Loco?

https://washingtonmonthly.com/2023/11/1 ... n-crazier/
Prove me wrong.
stevebrooks

Post by stevebrooks »

Irrev-Black wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 8:54 am Cuckoo?
He has repeatedly confused Biden and Obama, even calling Obama the current president. Doctors often ask stroke victims who is the current president to test mental acuity. We all misspeak. But put this in the context of many other indicia of cognitive decline.

Trump doesn’t know where he is. On the stump in Sioux City, Iowa, he said hello to Sioux Falls, which is in South Dakota. Okay, not that big a deal. Of course, his aides later said the teleprompter got it wrong. I wonder whether the aides are still in his employ. Perhaps they are moving boxes in Mar-a-Lago.

Misidentifying world leaders. He described Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orban, whom he admires, as the “great leader of Turkey.” Recep Tayyip Erdogan is authoritarian like Orban but with an Islamic hue rather than a Christian nationalist drag. Trump has said that Hungary shares a border with Russia. Seven countries border Hungary, but not Russia.

Referring to Kim Jong-Un, the hereditary dictator who rules North Korea, Trump said he was in charge of a country of 1.4 billion people, obviously confusing the Hermit Kingdom of 26 million with the Middle Kingdom of 1.4 billion.

But it’s not just misidentification. It’s the cadence and slurring of speech, too. Trump is having trouble with names. “On purpose” came out as “on perfect.” Adherents of Karl Marx came out as “markers,” not Marxists. He warned that Biden is drifting us into World War II.
Perhaps it's time for a padded cell called Mar-a-Loco?

https://washingtonmonthly.com/2023/11/1 ... n-crazier/
\
Irrev-Black wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 8:54 ameven calling Obama the current president.
His followers explained this away by arguing that the Trump doesn't believe Obama is President but that he is telling Biden everything to do, that in fact he is the President behind the scenes as it were. I don't believe this for a moment myself (to clarify, that Trump thinks Obama is telling Biden what to do) but it's a handy after the fact argument to trot out. Some of his other faux pa's are much harder to explain, mistaking Orban for the President of Turkey for instance, and claiming Hungary has a border with Russia. While everybody does indeed make the odd mistake, he said it in two speeches that Orban was President of Turkey and Hungary had borders on Russian, and his retinue would have been sure to correct him the first time he made that mistake! Mind you he has always been an absolute moron as far as furrin countries and leaders are concerned, he has no interest in them at all, never had any, never will have any, they are just useful as tools to push his election.