What shows are you currently watching?

For anything that doesn't fit anywhere above.
joele
Site Admin

What shows are you currently watching?

Post by joele »

Good place to post what you are watching, recommendations, warnings etc

Foundation series 2 has started to trickle out. Based on Isaac Asimov's Foundation series of books..

Loving this show, a bit weird/involved, but hey it's Asimov..

"Now this is the command: Do to the doer to make him do." - The Eloquent Peasant (2040–1650 BCE)

“Religion the protector of the well fed and consoler of the hungry.” - Mikhail Bakunin
Irrev-Black

Re: What shows are you currently watching?

Post by Irrev-Black »

Apparently next week's episode of Star Trek: Strange New Worlds is a flippin' musical!

Greedy fuckers cannot self-regulate.
Prove me wrong.
stylofone

Post by stylofone »

joele wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 9:27 am Good place to post what you are watching, recommendations, warnings etc

Foundation series 2 has started to trickle out. Based on Isaac Asimov's Foundation series of books..

Loving this show, a bit weird/involved, but hey it's Asimov..
I'm enjoying it too, but IMO actual motherfucker Brother Day and the Emperor clones steal the show. Decadent, corrupt Trantor is a lot more fun that the titular Foundation on Terminus.
I can feel it
joele
Site Admin

Post by joele »

Irrev-Black wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 8:48 pm Apparently next week's episode of Star Trek: Strange New Worlds is a flippin' musical!
Not sure about the musical, we'll see, :lol:

But I am enjoying Strange New Worlds..
"Now this is the command: Do to the doer to make him do." - The Eloquent Peasant (2040–1650 BCE)

“Religion the protector of the well fed and consoler of the hungry.” - Mikhail Bakunin
Irrev-Black

Post by Irrev-Black »

I can't find the video I seek any-bloody-where.

I can't even recall if it was located in England, The Netherlands, or Germany.

There were these ridiculously-small-capacity mopeddy vehicles, with a pair of little front wheels and a cargo tray as part of the steered front end, and a bunch of disorderly grubs (t-shirts and the occasional silly costume) were sidecar-racing the bloody things!

The course was partly dirt, and included a crossover, a run between warehouses, and a hay bale slalom inside a medium-sized shed.

It was a hoot, I promise, and, no I didn't dream this up after too much cheese.

ADD: Aha! Apparently the things are called "Bakbrommers". The following is not the video I wanted, but it will do.

Prove me wrong.
Irrev-Black

Post by Irrev-Black »

We're starting a re-watch of Good Omens series 1, in preparation for the new series.

It's still corkin' good.
Prove me wrong.
joele
Site Admin

Post by joele »

Irrev-Black wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 7:22 pm We're starting a re-watch of Good Omens series 1, in preparation for the new series.

It's still corkin' good.
I just started series 2, very good so far.

stylofone

Post by stylofone »

I thought "Silo" was excellent. The cliffhanger really leaves you dangling.

"Foundation" is pretty... searching for the right word... silly? I'm still enjoying it though. I thought the books were pretty bad too. The best thing was recognising just how much "Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy" was satirising it.

Asimov went up in my estimation when I read "Nightfall" in an anthology recently. A great story.
I can feel it
Irrev-Black

Post by Irrev-Black »

joele wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 11:47 pm
Irrev-Black wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 8:48 pm Apparently next week's episode of Star Trek: Strange New Worlds is a flippin' musical!
Not sure about the musical, we'll see, :lol:

But I am enjoying Strange New Worlds..
We're watching the musical episode now.

'Tis an utter hoot!
Prove me wrong.
joele
Site Admin

Post by joele »

So I am watching a Netflix series called "Restaurants on the Edge", they help restaurants in exotic places around the world.. But in one episode they are in Hong King and they visit a few random places and this one cake shop is totally awesome..

Unfortunately I haven't been able to rip the clip from the episode, but I found this on youtube of the same shop... You get hints of how deadpan and funny he is, but on the Restaurants show he was hilarious in his delivery.