What is Elon Musk up to now..

Post here with any news report you want to discuss.
stylofone

Re: What is Elon Musk up to now..

Post by stylofone »

The key quote for me in the above article:
Elon Musk makes the classic mistake pervasive among Silicon Valley executives, which is a deep disrespect for their users. This is how Clubhouse died. It’s how Vine died. This is how app after app is killed by Silicon Valley hubris: “I don’t care how users want to use this product. I’m going to tell them how to use it, and I’m going to decide who’s popular on this app.”

Of course, social media apps will boost people that they think might be interesting to users, but you can’t force-feed users content that you want them to see. Overall, that’s not going to be a compelling app to the majority of users, and so it is going to fail. Elon is learning that lesson the hard way. He’s alienated all the big content creators. Twitter’s an ideological project for him. It’s not about building a sustainable business.
For me, though, the whole concept of influencers is part of a broader disease which corrupts and weakens every part of of humanity that it touches. Even a Musk-free social media environment is still infected with it. It's as if the adage "you are the product" is not a warning to be heeded, it's a battle cry and you respond by saying "FUCK YEAAH, I'M A PRODUCT BABY, I'M GONNA SELL ME".

Then there's the audience, which accepts this deception and doesn't notice how pathetic it is that they see themselves as "friends" of these junk-sellers. Or even if they do notice, they accept it because they aspire to that same success themselves. The currency they are tempted with is not money, of course, it's social media metrics, likes, followers, subscribers. You get sucked into that neo-Amway world but it's even more corrupt than old physical Amway because you never get any real money for all the work you do to promote those further up in the pyramid.
I can feel it
joele
Site Admin

Post by joele »

Haven't changed anything on my phone/browser but as of yesterday this is all I see..

Screenshot_20230912-205727.png
Screenshot_20230912-205727.png (140.35 KiB) Viewed 6592 times
"Now this is the command: Do to the doer to make him do." - The Eloquent Peasant (2040–1650 BCE)

“Religion the protector of the well fed and consoler of the hungry.” - Mikhail Bakunin
Irrev-Black

Post by Irrev-Black »

@joele - Those X-hibits still show up in my Firefox browser despite me not having logged in over there.

I don't know what's saving me from the Curse Of The Musky.

LATE ADD:
Will be sure to include JPG screenshots from now on.
Greedy fuckers cannot self-regulate.
Prove me wrong.
Irrev-Black

Post by Irrev-Black »

Mister. Fucking. Haphazard.
But the lesson I would take from it: have nothing to do with Elon Musk or any product he sells. It’s bound to be stupidly, unnecessarily risky.
https://www.techdirt.com/2023/09/12/the ... ta-center/
Prove me wrong.
stylofone

Post by stylofone »

I have acquired the book, but I don't think I can bear to read it. Too much Musk makes me feel unwell.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets ... r-AA1gCPqg
I can feel it
Irrev-Black

Post by Irrev-Black »

stylofone wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 10:51 am I have acquired the book, but I don't think I can bear to read it. Too much Musk makes me feel unwell.

There's the access hatch to an old, disused, septic tank in our backyard.

Relevance? I know where that is, too, but I'm not going to look inside, on account of what I reckon would be in there.
Prove me wrong.
stevebrooks

Post by stevebrooks »

Curiously the Starlink service dropped out again the other night, coincidentally the exact same time the Ukraine attack on the submarine and ship int he dry docks was taking place, I am sure it was a coincidence....lol. Fortunately the attack was being undertaken by Storm Shadow missiles that don't rely on Starlink for guidance. But it does raise the question, did Musk know beforehand that the attack was going to take place? If he did where did he get that info from? There's currently no way to prove anything either way, but past statements by Musk indicate he would like to drop support for Ukraine.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2023/9 ... Sevastapol
Irrev-Black

Post by Irrev-Black »

stevebrooks wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 11:48 am Curiously the Starlink service dropped out again the other night, coincidentally the exact same time the Ukraine attack on the submarine and ship int he dry docks was taking place, I am sure it was a coincidence....lol. Fortunately the attack was being undertaken by Storm Shadow missiles that don't rely on Starlink for guidance. But it does raise the question, did Musk know beforehand that the attack was going to take place? If he did where did he get that info from? There's currently no way to prove anything either way, but past statements by Musk indicate he would like to drop support for Ukraine.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2023/9 ... Sevastapol
Tooned:

Prove me wrong.
Irrev-Black

Post by Irrev-Black »

Irrev-Black wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 11:13 am
stylofone wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 10:51 am I have acquired the book, but I don't think I can bear to read it. Too much Musk makes me feel unwell.

There's the access hatch to an old, disused, septic tank in our backyard.

Relevance? I know where that is, too, but I'm not going to look inside, on account of what I reckon would be in there.
A brave reviewer lifted the hatch, and wrote about what was in there. Seems I chose my imagery well: 'tis full of That Which Promotes Crop Growth.

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-a ... -elon-musk
Prove me wrong.
stylofone

Post by stylofone »

Irrev-Black wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 3:49 pmA brave reviewer lifted the hatch, and wrote about what was in there. Seems I chose my imagery well: 'tis full of That Which Promotes Crop Growth.
To me, that review is a slaughter. Given the recent expansion of Musk's Nazi proclivities, I provisionally say Isaacson should be ashamed of himself. Provisionally, because I haven't read the book and I don't intend to.
I can feel it